ADVERTISEMENT

Next commit?

No UNC will be 5 for Rathjen (ISU, Purdue, Iowa, SDSU). Ayala has done ISU, Iowa, Michigan, & next week UNC. I can’t remember if he has already done a 5th or if it is after UNC.

Rathjen said he’s visiting UNI the week after UNC. You are correct North Carolina is #5 for official visits for him.

Not the next commit but patiently waiting for the day. Twins Bruno and Rocco Cassioppi just won both the 5th/6th and 7th/8th grade brackets of the Iron Elite Fall Nationals. Bruno pinned his opponent in all matches at 85 pounds and Rocco had 4 falls 2 MD and a DEC at 90 pounds. ;)

Bruno and Rocco...the ‘rents get an A+ in the naming dept.

I wouldn’t post that on a guess.
source.gif

Just curious, with Henson committing would that put his dad in play for a job with Iowa? Maybe the HWC? I know Perry’s still there

I think Gobblin is drunk. Has he ever given that
Much info? Essentially telling us Paddy is in the fold?

I tend to believe any $$ Sokol was going to take up, went to Henson. Not “exact” same projections, but close in weight. Kind of a 1st come, 1st serve. Especially with the other big boys on campus that would garner a good chunk...

Some of us older guys still remember the Gable approach/comment about a recruit that chooses to go somewhere other than Iowa.;)

Reactions: Gobblin
Sokol was dazzled by the Tan Tom new facility according to his best friend at W#1. His face wasnt to excited in the team photo so not expecting him to go to Iowa.
Wish him luck wherever he goes but you got to be happy .

Henson is a good get, and in my opinion has more upside than sokol. He is a goer and I think he will really thrive at iowa. He is also not as polished and has room for improvement. I got to watch him win state last year over a very tough senior who has since retired, beating him at districts and state pretty convincingly (though close in score). As far as dad goes, it would be pretty cool to have two bulls at iowa, just saying

I’ve been wrong a lot, but it’s never been from guessing. I’ve never been more optimistic about a recruiting class since Tom brought the Iowa boys and Metcalf home.

Great to hear and I am pretty pumped about this great class. Unfortunately, these young kids can change their minds pretty quickly - so I will wait until they verbal and sign until I get overly excited.

Great to hear and I am pretty pumped about this great class. Unfortunately, these young kids can change their minds pretty quickly - so I will wait until they verbal and sign until I get overly excited.

Meh. Signing day for seniors is less than 4 weeks away.

Reactions: Gobblin
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT