ADVERTISEMENT

Next NCAA championship-

When do Hawks or anyone other than PSU win one

I'd put the other under at like 7 years. And even then it'll be due to PSU punting a season and then they'll be back on top the next year. The only change to the status quo will be either Cael retiring or the next generation of a Cael/Gable type of coach beginning their coaching career at another school. My money would be on David Taylor if he has any desire to coach D1.

I'd put the other under at like 7 years. And even then it'll be due to PSU punting a season and then they'll be back on top the next year. The only change to the status quo will be either Cael retiring or the next generation of a Cael/Gable type of coach beginning their coaching career at another school. My money would be on David Taylor if he has any desire to coach D1.
Here’s a wrinkle that I think about a lot….

PSU is now 13 years into a dynasty. I thought Spencer’s decision to come to Iowa over PSU was a wee bit rebellious in a way, and I thought it would inspire others to team up with him to overthrow the empire.

It didn’t quite work out that way…….this time. I still think there are young bucks out there that would be drawn to such an idea. But under Dinosaur Tom’s tutelage? I don’t think so. A younger guy who today’s recruits know well, who’s young enough to relate to…..he could coordinate an effective revolution.

But it would be a tough sell if a PSU alumn were leading such a charge. So how about a Mike Grey? Or Dake & Grey?

Surely, PSU is hated enough by now that the prospect of a coordinated revolt is attractive to some faction of the elite recruits?

i don't even see a punt year in this era. the second psu has anything remotely resembling a hole they'll fill it via the portal.

the portal shit is lame.

It talked to my oracle about this, and it's looking like 2026 after the massive scandal that takes out the PSU coaching staff and over half of their lineup.

magic-8-ball.gif

Iowa will win a Ncaa championship in the next 3 years, the haters will always be here and the Morans will be abundant!
Grip, I love ya, but this is an insane prediction.

Serious question, where do we get the points? Has to be a big mixture of current guys and incoming recruits, neither of which have the horsepower.

The portal can help, but that's also no guarantee.

Grip, I love ya, but this is an insane prediction.

Serious question, where do we get the points? Has to be a big mixture of current guys and incoming recruits, neither of which have the horsepower.

The portal can help, but that's also no guarantee.
Yeah, let’s narrow down “in the next 3 years” for him….

2025: no chance
2026: not looking good
2027: what’s our lineup?

Grip — what’s the path to a team title in 2026 or 2027?

Folks, we need a major rebuild. Band-aids via the portal may slow the bleeding but ain’t gonna cure what ails us.

125 - Deluca
133 - Ayala
141- Bassett
149- triple v/Block/Rathjen
157- Caliendo
165- Kennedy
174- Arnold
184- Ferrari
197- Ferrari/ Franklin
285- Big Ben
With no transfers and one big recruit
Bassett is still in hs in march of '26.

otherwise reasonable lineup (though idk about beating psu).

and i'll believe AJ gets in only when he does.

isnt he 16/17yrs old right now
He’s a 17 year old sophomore. This was recently a big thing on Twitter. He’ll be 19 when he graduates in the spring of 2026. On Twitter, a lot of folks were saying that’s not uncommon anymore.

He’s a 17 year old sophomore. This was recently a big thing on Twitter. He’ll be 19 when he graduates in the spring of 2026. On Twitter, a lot of folks were saying that’s not uncommon anymore.
well I wish I was a sophmore when I was 17.
Okay I will add Marcus blaze in at 141 on the 2026 team and then Basett in 2027 even better

Last edited:
Bassett is still in hs in march of '26.

otherwise reasonable lineup (though idk about beating psu).

and i'll believe AJ gets in only when he does.
Yes on Bassett but we better get him regardless!!!

That team would MOP the floor with the F*** st STALLERS!!!!!

AJ was the best 197 in the country, he better get his head outa his ass and get back on the mat!!!

Big Ben is another story? It would appear that he is more a D-end type not a LB? Regardless, how his Football season goes next year? Should give us better insight to what his future wrestling career will be. he would take out STALLING KerKin next year if he packed on the serious HP!!!

Anyone, including Iowa, in order to win it all will need to buy a team. I think we all realize that by now.

125 - Deluca
133 - Ayala
141- Bassett
149- triple v/Block/Rathjen
157- Caliendo
165- Kennedy
174- Arnold
184- Ferrari
197- Ferrari/ Franklin
285- Big Ben
With no transfers and one big recruit
I thought Kennedy only had 1 year left??

none of these guys are in the cards for Iowa.

i'd try to get the Raneys
See, now this is the scenario, if true, I really want to understand better. Brands not interested in them, he is but they are just not impressed by what Brands has to sell, or they just always dreamed of wrestling at some other school as kids and nothing Brands or any other Iowa coach could do to change their mind??? I'm assuming lack of potential NIL $ at Iowa is not the reason.

Here’s a wrinkle that I think about a lot….

PSU is now 13 years into a dynasty. I thought Spencer’s decision to come to Iowa over PSU was a wee bit rebellious in a way, and I thought it would inspire others to team up with him to overthrow the empire.

It didn’t quite work out that way…….this time. I still think there are young bucks out there that would be drawn to such an idea. But under Dinosaur Tom’s tutelage? I don’t think so. A younger guy who today’s recruits know well, who’s young enough to relate to…..he could coordinate an effective revolution.

But it would be a tough sell if a PSU alumn were leading such a charge. So how about a Mike Grey? Or Dake & Grey?

Surely, PSU is hated enough by now that the prospect of a coordinated revolt is attractive to some faction of the elite recruits?
They’re not really hated, as far as I can tell. There doesn't seem to be the “us against the world,” mentality or bridge burning going on. Top kids are lining up to join the program.

Last edited:
They’re not really hated, as far as I can tell. There doesn't seem to be the “us against the world’s mentality or bridge burning going on. Top kids are lining up to join the program.
It's more of a more the merrier attitude there. Bartlett's dad mentioned to me how some fellows who hardly saw and meet action thrived overall in the program in their post grad lives with schooling and business. they were thrilled to be in the program and felt they benefitted from their time there.

Let's say you have coaching aspirations post college, even without being a starter or All American I'm sure a letter of recommendation from Cael for a high school coaching position might carry weight.

Reactions: hlstone and Hawkgma
none of these guys are in the cards for Iowa.

i'd try to get the Raneys
Willie ain't lying. done told yall about this.

Surprised we can't get Blaze tho. Purdue is doing a good job on that, and I know TanTom is trying his butt off.

And yeah. We'd better be trying to get the Raneys. Best athletes out of the bunch and real crowd pleasers.

Happens all the time here in Tennessee; I know a ton of parents who hold back their male athletes for a year or occasionally two. I can see one but two is a bit much.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT