ADVERTISEMENT

Next NCAA championship-

Agree. No more rebuilding years for top teams. Only way to win going forward will be with 150+ points. New era. Gotta buy 10 potential champs. Every year.
I was discussing this with my buddies at NCAA’s. It’s all about the money now. Nebraska QB Dylan Railoa flipped from Georgia to Nebraska for 2 mil.
The HC, Rhule, flat out told the boosters that’s what it was going to take.

Bunch of wussies, of course PSU is going to be loaded. They are the hunted we are the hunters!
lots of you showing your true colors, spineless all of you!
Did we give up when the germans bombed pearl harbor… NO , and we are not giving up now. Now wipe your tears and whatever else you need to wipe and pull yourselves together.
Facts- there is one team that all others need to target and IOWA will be competitive each and every year or until we give up which I AM NOT DOING!

I will ship some Kleenex to the rest of you!

Bunch of wussies, of course PSU is going to be loaded. They are the hunted we are the hunters!
lots of you showing your true colors, spineless all of you!
Did we give up when the germans bombed pearl harbor… NO , and we are not giving up now. Now wipe your tears and whatever else you need to wipe and pull yourselves together.
Facts- there is one team that all others need to target and IOWA will be competitive each and every year or until we give up which I AM NOT DOING!

I will ship some Kleenex to the rest of you!

animal-house-bluto.gif

That's our long term 141 plan. Crossing our fingers that a guy decides not to be in the Navy.
Doesn’t strike u as an April fools joke? Is he getting a medical out of the Navy? Was an academy possibility out of high school? WCAP? Smells funny to me. Much like Willie’s post.

Reactions: Hawkgma
He’s a 17 year old sophomore. This was recently a big thing on Twitter. He’ll be 19 when he graduates in the spring of 2026. On Twitter, a lot of folks were saying that’s not uncommon anymore.
It's definitely more common now and I think people would be surprised to learn which past college guys were like this (Steiber, Mark Hall, RBY, etc...).

Reactions: mcpat
not trolling. from what i know/hear those three aren't in play for the hawks. never say never, i guess. but i don't have any indication iowa is on their current lists.
The fact that Iowa isn’t on these marquee recruits radars should be a red flag and a sign of concern for all Hawkeye fans. Great wrestlers make good coaches better. If Iowa is going to improve it must start on the recruiting trail. Point, blank, period.

The fact that Iowa isn’t on these marquee recruits radars should be a red flag and a sign of concern for all Hawkeye fans. Great wrestlers make good coaches better. If Iowa is going to improve it must start on the recruiting trail. Point, blank, period.
We've been hearing this for near a decade now and we're still here. I'm not holding my breath for this staff to figure it out.

Doesn’t strike u as an April fools joke? Is he getting a medical out of the Navy? Was an academy possibility out of high school? WCAP? Smells funny to me. Much like Willie’s post.
It's not a April's fool joke. Nate is certainly kicking the tires on wrestling next year. He would have 4 years of eligibility left. Not sure how big he is. I'd guess anywhere from 125-141.

It's not a April's fool joke. Nate is certainly kicking the tires on wrestling next year. He would have 4 years of eligibility left. Not sure how big he is. I'd guess anywhere from 125-141.
Based on how big he had been reported previously I would think 125 and 133 would be tough cuts. I think people had him near 160.

We've been hearing this for near a decade now and we're still here. I'm not holding my breath for this staff to figure it out.
At this point, unfortunately neither am I. I like Tom and Terry. I think they’re great ambassadors for the university and the sport. That said wrestling has changed since the days of Gable and it seems Iowa has not adjusted. We see it plain as day when we lose scrambles that cost us matches at NCAA’s. Recruits see it to now. That’s why they aren’t coming here. Iowa will never regain its previous form if adjustments aren’t made. This means adjustments to who we recruit, what kind of athlete they look for, and how they teach and instruct those recruits. Hand fighting for 7 minutes doesn’t get it done anymore.

Yes we won a championship a few years ago, but even that day was marred by our wrestlers performance in the finals. Penn st crowned 4 champions I believe that night. Iowa crowned Spencer. Since that night Cael and company have come to the realization that they need 10 strong weigh classes. We saw the results of that realization a few weeks ago.

Iowa is getting outpaced, outgunned, and out coached. It took me a while to come to this realization but I do believe it may be time for a change. 1 championship in 14 years is not good enough. Drake, Kem, Warner, Eierman, and others loosing in the finals is not good enough. Tom said that Iowas goal every year is to win NCAA titles. They are failing. Tom has said that Iowas goals is to win gold medals and compete nationally on the senior level. Aside from Spencer Lee, Iowa is failing.

It’s time to change or we can expect similar results. Maybe this serves as the kick in the teeth this program so desperately needs and change will happen, but I’m not holding my breath.

At this point, unfortunately neither am I. I like Tom and Terry. I think they’re great ambassadors for the university and the sport. That said wrestling has changed since the days of Gable and it seems Iowa has not adjusted. We see it plain as day when we lose scrambles that cost us matches at NCAA’s. Recruits see it to now. That’s why they aren’t coming here. Iowa will never regain its previous form if adjustments aren’t made. This means adjustments to who we recruit, what kind of athlete they look for, and how they teach and instruct those recruits. Hand fighting for 7 minutes doesn’t get it done anymore.

Yes we won a championship a few years ago, but even that day was marred by our wrestlers performance in the finals. Penn st crowned 4 champions I believe that night. Iowa crowned Spencer. Since that night Cael and company have come to the realization that they need 10 strong weigh classes. We saw the results of that realization a few weeks ago.

Iowa is getting outpaced, outgunned, and out coached. It took me a while to come to this realization but I do believe it may be time for a change. 1 championship in 14 years is not good enough. Drake, Kem, Warner, Eierman, and others loosing in the finals is not good enough. Tom said that Iowas goal every year is to win NCAA titles. They are failing. Tom has said that Iowas goals is to win gold medals and compete nationally on the senior level. Aside from Spencer Lee, Iowa is failing.

It’s time to change or we can expect similar results. Maybe this serves as the kick in the teeth this program so desperately needs and change will happen, but I’m not holding my breath.
They need some help, yes. You fools want to replace them will be sorry

They need some help, yes. You fools want to replace them will be sorry
Consider yourself here for a second grip. If at your place of employment you had a stated goal and an expectation, yet you met that goal 1 out of the last 14 years, while a co-worker of yours accomplished that goal year in and year out. Would your boss consider replacing you with someone that very successful co-worker has trained. I think we both know that answer.

We’ve had time to adjust, it doesn not seem like it’s happening. I did not come by this realization easily. If someone as dynamic as a DT comes along we need to put our line in the water and see if he’s biting. It’s not change for the sake of change, it’s change that could propel Iowa back to where they should and we expect them to be. Change is never easy, but often times it’s for the best.

Consider yourself here for a second grip. If at your place of employment you had a stated goal and an expectation, yet you met that goal 1 out of the last 14 years, while a co-worker of yours accomplished that goal year in and year out. Would your boss consider replacing you with someone that very successful co-worker has trained. I think we both know that answer.

We’ve had time to adjust, it doesn not seem like it’s happening. I did not come by this realization easily. If someone as dynamic as a DT comes along we need to put our line in the water and see if he’s biting. It’s not change for the sake of change, it’s change that could propel Iowa back to where they should and we expect them to be. Change is never easy, but often times it’s for the best.
We’ve become a cult of personality. We like our guys more than we like winning, apparently.

It's not an April's fool joke. Nate is certainly kicking the tires on wrestling next year. He would have 4 years of eligibility left. Not sure how big he is. I'd guess anywhere from 125-141.
Cool. Which route would he be taking to fulfill his want to wrestle? Not that I don’t believe u just curious.

Reactions: el dub
We’ve become a cult of personality. We like our guys more than we like winning, apparently.
Crazy, you used the line "we like our guys"
I don't think I've ever read anything where you used that before...

Reactions: el dub

There is nobody out there better to right the ship, we have the leader we need.
He needs to get a better staff with more success and notoriety, that is whats needed with The team and the club. If TnT are unable to make the adjustments needed now then it is time to move on, but I am still with the brothers until then.

Reactions: HawkFan1986
I was discussing this with my buddies at NCAA’s. It’s all about the money now. Nebraska QB Dylan Railoa flipped from Georgia to Nebraska for 2 mil.
The HC, Rhule, flat out told the boosters that’s what it was going to take.
I love Nebraska - miss the Dr. Tom days - so I hope it works for them!

I’m guessing they were never contacted by our staff.

• Haha
Reactions: vhsalum
There is nobody out there better to right the ship, we have the leader we need.
He needs to get a better staff with more success and notoriety, that is whats needed with The team and the club. If TnT are unable to make the adjustments needed now then it is time to move on, but I am still with the brothers until then.

I actually don't think you're wrong. But would Tom listen to them?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT