ADVERTISEMENT

next week's temps forecast for Iowa...

bagdropper

HR Legend
Oct 17, 2002
There's been more than one post commenting on how utterly gorgeous it's been the past couple days (temps wise, it has been awesome), but that's coming to an end unfortunately. I know our southern posters will say big deal and all that, but these temps really don't occur in Iowa all too often at all and especially don't occur in mid to late August.

For CR per the NWS...just in time for school to begin. And these are air temps, not heat indexes.

Sunday = 99
Monday = 100
Tuesday = 101
Wednesday = 100
Thursday = 100

Let's hope it doesn't get that bad.

CR 7 day forecasts - NWS

Most of this summer Davenport has felt like San Diego and it's been amazing.

This forecast is typical July/August weather in Iowa. Not awesome, but tolerable.

You had to figure we were due for at least one more heat wave before autumn.
Yeah, the last few mornings when I've been out on the trail have been BEAUTIFUL. Big time football weather/fall vibes. Got me giddy for fall, but knew we'd still have another blast of heat. Looks like the next week is going to be rough.

And, no rain. Most of Iowa remains in a drought.

Monday afternoon a cold front skimmed NE Iowa and dumped some fairly good totals...some places got 2-3" of rain for the day. For about 2 hours we got drenched - just over 2" in my rain gauge.

It was very strange to sit through the thunderstorm that rolled through. They've been so rare this year - the kind of straight down no wind type of storms that normally you should get once every other week normally.

And of course, for the most part about 90% of Iowa never got a drop out of it.

I like riding bike in the heat. Bring it.

Yep, same here. For whatever reason biking in the hottest weather doesn't really bother me as long as I don't over-extend things. For example, I wouldn't want to do a RAGBRAI kinda thing for a full week in the coming heat.

But going out a couple times a day for 60 minutes each...no problem. That last hot stretch in late July I believe it was, I actually biked more that week than any point the entire summer.

Reactions: torbee
For CR per the NWS...just in time for school to begin. And these are air temps, not heat indexes.

Sunday = 99
Monday = 100
Tuesday = 101
Wednesday = 100
Thursday = 100

Let's hope it doesn't get that bad.

thats-hot.gif

Won't matter to me. I'm starting an 8 day run tomorrow. Maybe 14 straight if I switch a weekend. But at least there's air conditioning.

54 on my morning commute today. Wild.
I'll have to start watering my trees. We've been skipped by all but one of the big storms.

Not looking forward to it. My late mother remembered this summer and trying to sleep outside on the porch.

Heatwave of July 1936
Des Moines endured a stretch of 15 consecutive days where temperatures were over 100 degrees. On July 15th, the average high for all 113 weather stations in Iowa measured 108.7. It is still the hottest month and the hottest summer in Iowa's history.

• Wow
Reactions: B1GDeal
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT