ADVERTISEMENT

Next Year's Womens Team

Another one of those sad situations where Iowa was really sucking before Caitlin.

I do not know how we even fielded a team back in those dark ages.

I really wish Lisa knew how to develop our guard play.

2024 - Caitlin Clark - Player of the Year, All American, All Big Ten 1st
2023 - Caitlin Clark - Player of the Year, All American, All Big Ten 1st
2022 - Caitlin Clark - Big Ten Player of the Year, All American, All Big Ten 1st
2021 - Caitlin Clark - All American, All Big Ten 1st

* Now the sad history of our Point Guards & other Guards With Decent Assists *

2020 - Kathleen Doyle - Big Ten Player of the Year, All American, All Big Ten 1st
2019 - Kathleen Doyle - All Big Ten 1st
2018 - Kathleen Doyle - All Big Ten 2nd
2017 - Ally Disterhoft - All Big Ten 1st
2016 - Ally Disterhoft - All Big Ten 2nd
2015 - Ally Disterhoft - All Big Ten 2nd
2015 - Samantha Logic - All American, All Big Ten 1st
2015 - Ally Disterhoft - All Big Ten Honorable Mention
2014 - Samantha Logic - All American, All Big Ten 1st
2013 - Jamie Printy - All Big Ten Honorable Mention
2013 - Samantha Logic - All Big Ten Honorable Mention
2012 - Jamie Printy - All Big Ten 3rd
2012 - Samantha Logic - All American Freshman, All Big Ten Freshman
2011 - Jamie Printy - All American, All Big Ten 2nd
2011 - Kachine Alexander - All American, All Big Ten 1st
2010 - Jamie Printy - Big Ten Freshman of the Year, All Big Ten Freshman Team, All Big Ten 2nd, All American Freshman
2010 - Kachine Alexander - All American, All Big Ten 1st
2009 - Krisiti Smith - All Big Ten 1st, WBCA District All American
2009 - Kachine Alexander - All Big Ten 2nd
2008 - Krisiti Smith - All Big Ten 1st
2007 - Krisiti Smith - All Big Ten 3rd
2006 - Crystal Smith - All American, All Big Ten 1st
2005 - Crystal Smith - All Big Ten 3rd
2004 - Kristia Faulkner- All Big Ten 3rd
2003 - Kristia Faulkner- All Big Ten 3rd
2002 - Lindsey Meder- All Big Ten 1st
2001 - Lindsey Meder- All Big Ten 1st

Start of Lisa's dismal track record with Point Guards
I appreciate the enthusiasm but PG is very concerning for next year. Unless Bluder can grab a veteran PG from the portal, expect a bumpy road since Aaliyah Guyton tore her ACL mid-year. We will have to rely on a (likely freshman) reserve or slide someone who isn’t a PG to that position (probably Sydney IMO). Its the biggest cause for concern for next year and the solution will impact next year’s results quite a bit.

Dumpster Fire GIF by MOODMAN

A glimpse into the future of Iowa WBB
Iowa was in the NCAA tourney in 8 of the 10 years prior to Clark (excluding covid year when tourney was cancelled). On-going recruiting is above average. There is no reason to think that Iowa will fall off a cliff.

list is irrelevant to next years team. No one said anything about bluder, this isn't a thread about frans inability to coach a pg. Get a grip....
Looking at the current roster, pg is the concern.

I appreciate the enthusiasm but PG is very concerning for next year. Unless Bluder can grab a veteran PG from the portal, expect a bumpy road since Aaliyah Guyton tore her ACL mid-year. We will have to rely on a (likely freshman) reserve or slide someone who isn’t a PG to that position (probably Sydney IMO). Its the biggest cause for concern for next year and the solution will impact next year’s results quite a bit.

You all having fun screaming at the sky about something you have no knowledge about?

Or maybe you know more than everyone else here and are not sharing, what will the roster look like for the opening tip in 2024?

Anyway my bad...you are all welcome to go back to squeezing your panties about nothingness...I am going to get back to enjoying the rest of this season.

Reactions: Wadukester
How can anyone who has watched Stuelke, Affolter, McCabe and Feuerbach these past few games ask this? There will be an adjustment period but next year’s team will be full of upperclasswomen who have been waiting for their opportunity to shine. There will be an adjustment but Iowa is not done, especially considering their recruits for 2024 and 2025.
Are you saying they won't 'skip a beat' without CC next year? You know that won't be the case. There will be struggles, but expectations will be lower. Still, there will be some beatdowns on the road.

Are you saying they won't 'skip a beat' without CC next year? You know that won't be the case. There will be struggles, but expectations will be lower. Still, there will be some beatdowns on the road.
I literally said there will be an adjustment. Next year will not be a Final Four caliber team but they can still have a successful season.

Another one of those sad situations where Iowa was really sucking before Caitlin.

I do not know how we even fielded a team back in those dark ages.

I really wish Lisa knew how to develop our guard play.

2024 - Caitlin Clark - Player of the Year, All American, All Big Ten 1st
2023 - Caitlin Clark - Player of the Year, All American, All Big Ten 1st
2022 - Caitlin Clark - Big Ten Player of the Year, All American, All Big Ten 1st
2021 - Caitlin Clark - All American, All Big Ten 1st

* Now the sad history of our Point Guards & other Guards With Decent Assists *

2020 - Kathleen Doyle - Big Ten Player of the Year, All American, All Big Ten 1st
2019 - Kathleen Doyle - All Big Ten 1st
2018 - Kathleen Doyle - All Big Ten 2nd
2017 - Ally Disterhoft - All Big Ten 1st
2016 - Ally Disterhoft - All Big Ten 2nd
2015 - Ally Disterhoft - All Big Ten 2nd
2015 - Samantha Logic - All American, All Big Ten 1st
2015 - Ally Disterhoft - All Big Ten Honorable Mention
2014 - Samantha Logic - All American, All Big Ten 1st
2013 - Jamie Printy - All Big Ten Honorable Mention
2013 - Samantha Logic - All Big Ten Honorable Mention
2012 - Jamie Printy - All Big Ten 3rd
2012 - Samantha Logic - All American Freshman, All Big Ten Freshman
2011 - Jamie Printy - All American, All Big Ten 2nd
2011 - Kachine Alexander - All American, All Big Ten 1st
2010 - Jamie Printy - Big Ten Freshman of the Year, All Big Ten Freshman Team, All Big Ten 2nd, All American Freshman
2010 - Kachine Alexander - All American, All Big Ten 1st
2009 - Krisiti Smith - All Big Ten 1st, WBCA District All American
2009 - Kachine Alexander - All Big Ten 2nd
2008 - Krisiti Smith - All Big Ten 1st
2007 - Krisiti Smith - All Big Ten 3rd
2006 - Crystal Smith - All American, All Big Ten 1st
2005 - Crystal Smith - All Big Ten 3rd
2004 - Kristia Faulkner- All Big Ten 3rd
2003 - Kristia Faulkner- All Big Ten 3rd
2002 - Lindsey Meder- All Big Ten 1st
2001 - Lindsey Meder- All Big Ten 1st

Start of Lisa's dismal track record with Point Guards
As a junior, Kachine Alexander averaged 10.4 rebounds per game as a 5-9 guard. I don’t even understand how that’s possible.

She averaged 11.1 rebounds in Big Ten play. 🤣 Bananas numbers!

Reactions: CarterHall and nu2u
You all having fun screaming at the sky about something you have no knowledge about?

Or maybe you know more than everyone else here and are not sharing, what will the roster look like for the opening tip in 2024?

Anyway my bad...you are all welcome to go back to squeezing your panties about nothingness...I am going to get back to enjoying the rest of this season.
Its only a conversation, but if you don't see that we have some real concern as far as who will be the floor general for Iowa (something we've been blessed with for many years) then you should pull your head out of the sand. Certainly a portal player is an option, (as has been mentioned), otherwise its a freshman most likely, with KJ also inured. Too me moving Syd there would be a missuse of her talents and would not be a good move for her or the team.

Its only a conversation, but if you don't see that we have some real concern as far as who will be the floor general for Iowa (something we've been blessed with for many years) then you should pull your head out of the sand. Certainly a portal player is an option, (as has been mentioned), otherwise its a freshman most likely, with KJ also inured. Too me moving Syd there would be a missuse of her talents and would not be a good move for her or the team.

I just trust the coaching staff that has been doing this for a very long time to know what they are doing. I did not become a womens basketball fan last year like most of the people.

But hell, the message board warriors obviously know more. Pretty sure it was the consensus last off season that this team would not be elite because they did not get a post.

As a junior, Kachine Alexander averaged 10.4 rebounds per game as a 5-9 guard. I don’t even understand how that’s possible.

She averaged 11.1 rebounds in Big Ten play. 🤣 Bananas numbers!
long rebounds on poor 3 pt tries and she was very athletic to get them

I think they look in portal for a pg, but Levin does seem to have some skills, so if the moral falls through, we would probably do Levin/committee until Guyton/Kennese can play.

I just trust the coaching staff that has been doing this for a very long time to know what they are doing. I did not become a womens basketball fan last year like most of the people.

But hell, the message board warriors obviously know more. Pretty sure it was the consensus last off season that this team would not be elite because they did not get a post.
Jesus. Take a breath. Nobody is saying WE know more. We're just having a freakin conversation about what we THINK may happen, because its the biggest area of concern for next season because we lose the nations best playmaker, and her understudy if you will. Lisa will do whatever she needs to, and they'll do the best they can with that. As for last year, many we're aware that MC had her own weaknesses, and we've actually improved both on defense and rebounding. A) everybody improved, and B) even more important we still had the BEST player in the game. Won't be the case next year.

I see a lot of discussion about this topic on the recruiting thread so decided to start a new thread. The recruiting thread should be for recruiting news.

I'll start by saying, I think Caitlin will not be back. Kate's her best friend and Gabby also, she'll move on to the WNBA since they are leaving. Plus, she has nothing more to prove.

With Davis also leaving, there will be a big void at the point. I was looking forward to Guyton at the point but she'll be awhile coming back from the knee surgery. Can Johnson provide quality minutes as a sophomore? She's quick but small. Plus can she shoot from the arc. Stremlow and Levin are both listed as PG's, will either be able to start as freshmen?

I don't think Feuerbach or McCabe are PG's. Probably wing guards. McCabes a better shooter, Feuerbach is a better defender.

At small forward I think Affolter starts and Mallegni will play here at 6' 1". She is a great scorer.

Hannah will get a lot of minutes, spelled by either Gyamfi or Ediger.

I think O'Grady and Heinen should play post. Goodman plays with heart but her hands are suspect and she's not a rim runner. I see her minutes going away. Could she be a possible transfer candidate?

I think Affolter will fill Martin's glue role. Hannah's a star next year. McCabe could fill some of Caitlin's scoring. O'Grady will need to get better but has shown promise. No doubt, some of the younger players will need to step up next year.
It has been over a month since I first made this post. I was right about CC turning pro. I may be wrong but next year the Hawks could go bigger.

Center - O'Grady and Heinen rotation inside
PF - Hannah plays alot of minutes, with Ediger or Gymfi backing her up
SF - Affolter plays a lot of minutes, with Mallegni backing her up
SG - Feuerbach and McCabe each see alot of minutes. One may play point at times.
PG - A true freshman plays here. Either Stremlow, Levin or Guyton later in the season. Not sure about Johnson.

A lot of interchangable parts. No one player will replace CC, but the sum of the parts could be very good. Hannah will be 1st team all Big Ten, Affolter will get better offensively. Feuerbach is long, athletic and fast. If she gets stronger, she could really improve.

They may take a step back but there are a lot of solid parts. In Hannah's senior year with the 24 class being sophmores and Deal and company coming in, look out Big Ten.

USC, UCLA and Oregon will be tough additions to the league.

Center - O'Grady and Heinen rotation inside
PF - Hannah plays alot of minutes, with Ediger or Gymfi backing her up
SF - Affolter plays a lot of minutes, with Mallegni backing her up
SG - Feuerbach and McCabe each see alot of minutes. One may play point at times.
PG - A true freshman plays here. Either Stremlow, Levin or Guyton later in the season. Not sure about Johnson.

A lot of interchangable parts. No one player will replace CC, but the sum of the parts could be very good. Hannah will be 1st team all Big Ten, Affolter will get better offensively. Feuerbach is long, athletic and fast. If she gets stronger, she could really improve.

USC, UCLA and Oregon will be tough additions to the league.
Johnson just tore her ACL so she will not play next year.

Neither Kylie nor Taylor can play PG. Affolter would be a better option. The best option would be a veteran PG from the portal.

Oregon is not good. Their coach is probably gonna get fired. His players hate him.

Buy season tickets next year or you may be shut out the following few years
I live in New England but thanks!

Last edited:

Sounds like a double header with South Carolina and NC State the other matchup
HUGE for recruiting that Iowa WBB is being featured in this and the Women's Champions Classic in Brooklyn, NY 🔥

It's important that we continue to have strong attendance/viewership numbers next season, in order to sustain strong recruiting and media coverage post-CC.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT