ADVERTISEMENT

Next Year's Womens Team

Mean Girls Shut Up GIF
Attendance will likely drop but this is well done 😂

CC has nothing left to prove?

After being a national runner up last season, and being as good as she is, I would think her hunger for a title is insatiable.

Remember, this is a team game first
Exactly right. It IS a team game. So how is it on Clark to win a natty? Your saying its on HER to prove it. Thats just like the dumb ass Jay Williams saying she's not great if she doesn't win the title. NONSENSE. We got to the game last year, and that would never have happened with out her. Any reasonable person can see that. Chances are we aren't going to get there this year or next either.

She needs to maximize her earnings while she can where ever that may be.
I do not think the WNBA is going to see the ratings bump that womens college basketball did. The WNBA is like the G league. Yeah they are better than the college players but no one wants to watch them in the number that people watch college.
That's the reason why 90% of NIL is bs. there are very few college athletes worth NIL. CC is at the top of that list but unfortunately not paid like it.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
Exactly right. It IS a team game. So how is it on Clark to win a natty? Your saying its on HER to prove it. Thats just like the dumb ass Jay Williams saying she's not great if she doesn't win the title. NONSENSE. We got to the game last year, and that would never have happened with out her. Any reasonable person can see that. Chances are we aren't going to get there this year or next either.
No last years team would beat this years team

• Love
Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
So, will CC make more in the WNBA or staying at Iowa for another year? Seems like the Iowa option might not be so bad, but I don't know much.

English not your strong point? I've said nothing close to saying it's on CC to win a title.

I have said I would think she is beyond hungry to win a title. And if so, there is still definitely something left to prove in her mind

She needs to maximize her earnings while she can where ever that may be.
I do not think the WNBA is going to see the ratings bump that womens college basketball did. The WNBA is like the G league. Yeah they are better than the college players but no one wants to watch them in the number that people watch college.
That's the reason why 90% of NIL is bs. there are very few college athletes worth NIL. CC is at the top of that list but unfortunately not paid like it.
Please take the discussion about Clark’s earning potential / wnba prospects to any of the other threads that are about that. This thread is meant to discuss returning personnel for next year and the depth chart.

Reactions: letsgosports
Please take the discussion about Clark’s earning potential / wnba prospects to any of the other threads that are about that. This thread is meant to discuss returning personnel for next year and the depth chart.
you do realize everyone on the roster can transfer. You are on a message board, don't like it, don't read it.

you do realize everyone on the roster can transfer. You are on a message board, don't like it, don't read it.
Of course anyone can transfer. But what is the point in rehashing this same topic over and over and over again? Again, there are like 10 other threads discussing this already. Why bring it up in a thread that is about something else? Do you not get annoyed when you see multiple threads about the same topic?

If Clarke leaves I will bet you on team wins and attendance. She is the team and Bluder cant recruit anyone Nationally. Recruits have ti fall into her lap.
I will be renewing my season tickets.

Also, we are trending in the right direction for recruiting. If we land some of these bigger 25 and 26 recruits we will be in good shape 😎

Reactions: Hawksbyamillion

Also, we are trending in the right direction for recruiting. If we land some of these bigger 25 and 26 recruits we will be in good shape 😎
Ikr? If we get Deal to sign, I'm going to come back and reply to that comment lol.

Also Bluder landed the #4 post in the class of 2024 out of Washington (around -#45 overall between ESPN/ASGR). They also just moved Taegan Mallegni up to #27....

I'll be watching too. I've been watching before Clark and I'll be watching after Clark. Can't wait to see the new gals coming in along with what's here now. Then hopefully Maddy will be here before long also.

English not your strong point? I've said nothing close to saying it's on CC to win a title.

I have said I would think she is beyond hungry to win a title. And if so, there is still definitely something left to prove in her mind
Stop being an ASS english teacher. Her WANTING to win it in NO way means she needs to prove ANYTHING to anyone. She's already done that. She's the best. That discussion is over. She'll get her 2nd crack at a title run in a few weeks. I think she'll be good with that. The number of things that would have to go right for them to get to THE game again this year, AND again next year are countless. I don't see her playing another entire season with all the stress she'll be under just for the slim chance that all that would somehow fall into place.

Reactions: RicoSuave102954
Stop being an ASS english teacher. Her WANTING to win it in NO way means she needs to prove ANYTHING to anyone. She's already done that. She's the best. That discussion is over. She'll get her 2nd crack at a title run in a few weeks. I think she'll be good with that. The number of things that would have to go right for them to get to THE game again this year, AND again next year are countless. I don't see her playing another entire season with all the stress she'll be under just for the slim chance that all that would somehow fall into place.
If an outsider says CC has nothing to prove, but CC herself says she does have something to prove, I'm going to believe CC.

I would guess very strongly that winning a title is CC's #1 goal this season. In fact, if it weren't, I would be quite disappointed. Accomplishing their goals is something these girls want to "prove" to themselves. Stop being so sensitive.

As far as CC being the "best", it would be respectful of all the other great current and former women's basketball players to qualify exactly what it is you mean by "best".

Are you saying she's the greatest women's basketball player of all-time? That just isn't true. She's not even the greatest women's basketball in the world at this moment. There are several women in the WNBA today that CC has a ways to go to catch. And that's not even mentioning the greats of years past.

Are you saying CC is the greatest women's college basketball player ever? That is also easily debatable. And players that have 2, 3, 4 championships have a strong foothold in that debate.

Unfortunately for CC, people recklessly throw around the term "GOAT" these days and it's creating a lot of backlash (and rightfully so, as many of the other greats in the game are being blatantly disrespected to have CC so thoughtlessly crowned the GOAT). Nonetheless it is backlash that CC doesn't deserve

If an outsider says CC has nothing to prove, but CC herself says she does have something to prove, I'm going to believe CC.

I would guess very strongly that winning a title is CC's #1 goal this season. In fact, if it weren't, I would be quite disappointed. Accomplishing their goals is something these girls want to "prove" to themselves. Stop being so sensitive.

As far as CC being the "best", it would be respectful of all the other great current and former women's basketball players to qualify exactly what it is you mean by "best".

Are you saying she's the greatest women's basketball player of all-time? That just isn't true. She's not even the greatest women's basketball in the world at this moment. There are several women in the WNBA today that CC has a ways to go to catch. And that's not even mentioning the greats of years past.

Are you saying CC is the greatest women's college basketball player ever? That is also easily debatable. And players that have 2, 3, 4 championships have a strong foothold in that debate.

Unfortunately for CC, people recklessly throw around the term "GOAT" these days and it's creating a lot of backlash (and rightfully so, as many of the other greats in the game are being blatantly disrespected to have CC so thoughtlessly crowned the GOAT). Nonetheless it is backlash that CC doesn't deserve
Yes, Yes, Yes! Winning the title THIS year is her #1 goal, as it should be. THIS year. That doesn't mean she is coming back for a do over if they don't win. She's invested her heart and soul into winning. Another whole year of "the CC rockin road show" would put a tremendous load on her, and I still hold the national reception won't be anything like this year, nor will whatever she does in absolutely shredding the record be anywhere near as meaningful to her. This is her year, her chance to show everyone what she can do in the same number of games and relative opportunity. Next year would be gratuitous, and she knows that..

I have been watching women's team for over 10 years when available, so I will be watching next year as well if possible.

Ikr? If we get Deal to sign, I'm going to come back and reply to that comment lol.

Also Bluder landed the #4 post in the class of 2024 out of Washington (around -#45 overall between ESPN/ASGR). They also just moved Taegan Mallegni up to #27....
We have the Goat and Bluder got no one to help Period.

it’s gonna to be wildly different that’s for sure
How bad will the payback train be next year? Do they win a B1G road game? Lots of pent-up aggression for all the beat-downs the last 4 years.

So the topic at hand was starters for next year. With Clark and Goodman leaving, does that open up a spot for a transfer?

How bad will the payback train be next year? Do they win a B1G road game? Lots of pent-up aggression for all the beat-downs the last 4 years.

You do realize that Indiana and Ohio States All Americans are using their COVID year this year?

I will never understand how Lisa managed to keep her job this last quarter century...she obviously didn't win a single game before Fall of 2020.

How can anyone who has watched Stuelke, Affolter, McCabe and Feuerbach these past few games ask this? There will be an adjustment period but next year’s team will be full of upperclasswomen who have been waiting for their opportunity to shine. There will be an adjustment but Iowa is not done, especially considering their recruits for 2024 and 2025.

How can anyone who has watched Stuelke, Affolter, McCabe and Feuerbach these past few games ask this? There will be an adjustment period but next year’s team will be full of upperclasswomen who have been waiting for their opportunity to shine. There will be an adjustment but Iowa is not done, especially considering their recruits for 2024 and 2025.
They'll make the tourney next year, although doubtful they'll host the first weekend. If they somehow land a stellar point through the portal like Kaitlyn Chen from Princeton, who knows? She seems set on UConn, UCLA, or Stanford but there will be more PG's announce as the process unfolds.

They'll make the tourney next year, although doubtful they'll host the first weekend. If they somehow land a stellar point through the portal like Kaitlyn Chen from Princeton, who knows? She seems set on UConn, UCLA, or Stanford but there will be more PG's announce as the process unfolds.
I do find the pg position very concerning. If molly D were coming back I would feel much better. We have no pg with what I would call great handles. The presses we currently score on, we will be giving up points on.
Our effective field goal % will be the real measuring stick next year. Caitlyn sets the table like no one ever. I'd bet between layups and kick out threes to wide open shooters, she is worth 10% on our effective field goal %. Next year that will drop by 5-10%.
And I would agree that a lot of teams would like to get some pay back. Whether or not they can will be another story.

I do find the pg position very concerning.

Another one of those sad situations where Iowa was really sucking before Caitlin.

I do not know how we even fielded a team back in those dark ages.

I really wish Lisa knew how to develop our guard play.

2024 - Caitlin Clark - Player of the Year, All American, All Big Ten 1st
2023 - Caitlin Clark - Player of the Year, All American, All Big Ten 1st
2022 - Caitlin Clark - Big Ten Player of the Year, All American, All Big Ten 1st
2021 - Caitlin Clark - All American, All Big Ten 1st

* Now the sad history of our Point Guards & other Guards With Decent Assists *

2020 - Kathleen Doyle - Big Ten Player of the Year, All American, All Big Ten 1st
2019 - Kathleen Doyle - All Big Ten 1st
2018 - Kathleen Doyle - All Big Ten 2nd
2017 - Ally Disterhoft - All Big Ten 1st
2016 - Ally Disterhoft - All Big Ten 2nd
2015 - Ally Disterhoft - All Big Ten 2nd
2015 - Samantha Logic - All American, All Big Ten 1st
2015 - Ally Disterhoft - All Big Ten Honorable Mention
2014 - Samantha Logic - All American, All Big Ten 1st
2013 - Jamie Printy - All Big Ten Honorable Mention
2013 - Samantha Logic - All Big Ten Honorable Mention
2012 - Jamie Printy - All Big Ten 3rd
2012 - Samantha Logic - All American Freshman, All Big Ten Freshman
2011 - Jamie Printy - All American, All Big Ten 2nd
2011 - Kachine Alexander - All American, All Big Ten 1st
2010 - Jamie Printy - Big Ten Freshman of the Year, All Big Ten Freshman Team, All Big Ten 2nd, All American Freshman
2010 - Kachine Alexander - All American, All Big Ten 1st
2009 - Krisiti Smith - All Big Ten 1st, WBCA District All American
2009 - Kachine Alexander - All Big Ten 2nd
2008 - Krisiti Smith - All Big Ten 1st
2007 - Krisiti Smith - All Big Ten 3rd
2006 - Crystal Smith - All American, All Big Ten 1st
2005 - Crystal Smith - All Big Ten 3rd
2004 - Kristia Faulkner- All Big Ten 3rd
2003 - Kristia Faulkner- All Big Ten 3rd
2002 - Lindsey Meder- All Big Ten 1st
2001 - Lindsey Meder- All Big Ten 1st

Start of Lisa's dismal track record with Point Guards

To give a proper payback you have to be good enough to do it. Just not seeing it from most of the Big Ten next year. Most of the teams this year are pretty senior heavy. Now USC and UCLA may be a different story.

Reactions: kceasthawk
Another one of those sad situations where Iowa was really sucking before Caitlin.

I do not know how we even fielded a team back in those dark ages.

I really wish Lisa knew how to develop our guard play.

2024 - Caitlin Clark - Player of the Year, All American, All Big Ten 1st
2023 - Caitlin Clark - Player of the Year, All American, All Big Ten 1st
2022 - Caitlin Clark - Big Ten Player of the Year, All American, All Big Ten 1st
2021 - Caitlin Clark - All American, All Big Ten 1st

* Now the sad history of our Point Guards & other Guards With Decent Assists *

2020 - Kathleen Doyle - Big Ten Player of the Year, All American, All Big Ten 1st
2019 - Kathleen Doyle - All Big Ten 1st
2018 - Kathleen Doyle - All Big Ten 2nd
2017 - Ally Disterhoft - All Big Ten 1st
2016 - Ally Disterhoft - All Big Ten 2nd
2015 - Ally Disterhoft - All Big Ten 2nd
2015 - Samantha Logic - All American, All Big Ten 1st
2015 - Ally Disterhoft - All Big Ten Honorable Mention
2014 - Samantha Logic - All American, All Big Ten 1st
2013 - Jamie Printy - All Big Ten Honorable Mention
2013 - Samantha Logic - All Big Ten Honorable Mention
2012 - Jamie Printy - All Big Ten 3rd
2012 - Samantha Logic - All American Freshman, All Big Ten Freshman
2011 - Jamie Printy - All American, All Big Ten 2nd
2011 - Kachine Alexander - All American, All Big Ten 1st
2010 - Jamie Printy - Big Ten Freshman of the Year, All Big Ten Freshman Team, All Big Ten 2nd, All American Freshman
2010 - Kachine Alexander - All American, All Big Ten 1st
2009 - Krisiti Smith - All Big Ten 1st, WBCA District All American
2009 - Kachine Alexander - All Big Ten 2nd
2008 - Krisiti Smith - All Big Ten 1st
2007 - Krisiti Smith - All Big Ten 3rd
2006 - Crystal Smith - All American, All Big Ten 1st
2005 - Crystal Smith - All Big Ten 3rd
2004 - Kristia Faulkner- All Big Ten 3rd
2003 - Kristia Faulkner- All Big Ten 3rd
2002 - Lindsey Meder- All Big Ten 1st
2001 - Lindsey Meder- All Big Ten 1st

Start of Lisa's dismal track record with Point Guards
list is irrelevant to next years team. No one said anything about bluder, this isn't a thread about frans inability to coach a pg. Get a grip....
Looking at the current roster, pg is the concern.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT