ADVERTISEMENT

Nice analysis contrasting Lester with Iowa's offense under Brian

Adding on to your post he should help with development, Nate Stanley when with the Vikings stated that Iowa's coaches do not coach or drill QB Footwork/Fundamentals. So Iowa basically hasn't had an actual QB coach since Greg Davis.
Yes, most of these D1 qbs and really good high school qbs etc go to camps and Iowa probably left the players to get their qb skills from camps and private coaches. That is a lazy way to coach your P5 team I think. It seems no one at Iowa wanted to change Hill's windup, really?

Reactions: ButtersHawk
Changing Hill's mechanics would certainly help. However, I think a bigger issue is what is between his ears! How many times did he lock on and thro to a 3-7 yard TE when there was a WR or RB wide open right over the middle? Too many if my memory is correct. You have to be able to go thru the progressions and see the development on the field.

I agree with the second part - I'll give Lester two series to reveal himself. ;)

I feel sorry for Iowa QB's in the last few years - not only did they have no time to throw, they no one to throw it to.

I swear, Iowa receivers aren't as bad as they seem to be - their routes simply suck.
Can't really go off a non-conference game until ISU. That's when they'll open the playbook up more.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT