ADVERTISEMENT

Nick Brooks down to 3…Iowa not one of them. Another recruiting/NIL FAILURE!

I will continue to say losing out on Zay Robinson is a much larger loss for the hawks. Landing Smith would be a huge win on that front for the hawks. Brooks is a massive project, and I bet with all of this going on he is at whatever school for a year before transferring out.

I will continue to say losing out on Zay Robinson is a much larger loss for the hawks. Landing Smith would be a huge win on that front for the hawks. Brooks is a massive project, and I bet with all of this going on he is at whatever school for a year before transferring out.
I was pretty surprised when Iowa offered Zay.

Great athlete with a high ceiling…we’ll see.

Face it, we’re stinking out more often with top in-state kids. We’ll struggle to be relevant going forward unless we lock down the state’s top kids.

https://www.si.com/college/georgia/...-three-includes-georgia-football-01j4m08fzf4h
Well, Sally Sunshine, what were you expecting?

Iowa still has the Brian Ferentz stench attached to its reputation and a head coach pushing 70.

Until Iowa shakes off its reputation for being the laughingstock of college football for offense, what players with solid P5 choices are going to be willing to sign on to that? Sure, NIL will win out, but it’s not like there isn’t money to be thrown around.

Iowa can land more decent players if they stop sucking so badly on offense.

Iowa still has the Brian Ferentz stench attached to its reputation and a head coach pushing 70.

Until Iowa shakes off its reputation for being the laughingstock of college football for offense, what players with solid P5 choices are going to be willing to sign on to that? Sure, NIL will win out, but it’s not like there isn’t money to be thrown around.

It's all about the money for a lot of kids. Don't fool yourself.

Iowa’s last OL commit in ‘25 class had offers from these schools to name a few. The ‘24 class had two 4* OL commits.

Miami

Michigan State

Ole Miss

Washington

Nebraska

Kansas State

This season will be very important for the Hawks' future. If the offense can show a pulse, heck, more than a pulse, they can start to change those attitudes among recruits. NIL money will always be an issue, until the whole system collapses (and it will at some point).

Not surprised about Brooks. He's already flaked once on Iowa.

Not all that surprised about Robinson, either. Iowa State has traditionally done better getting guys out of WDM Valley than Iowa has. Iowa's poor production on offense didn't help either, I'm sure.

This season will be very important for the Hawks' future. If the offense can show a pulse, heck, more than a pulse, they can start to change those attitudes among recruits. NIL money will always be an issue, until the whole system collapses (and it will at some point).

Not surprised about Brooks. He's already flaked once on Iowa.

Not all that surprised about Robinson, either. Iowa State has traditionally done better getting guys out of WDM Valley than Iowa has. Iowa's poor production on offense didn't help either, I'm sure.
Watch his film against Drew Campbell (Cedar Falls) last year. Brooks has some work to do.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT