ADVERTISEMENT

Night of Conflict

HawkFan1986

HR MVP
Mar 26, 2019
Iowa
I’m heading down to watch my bro in laws nephew and I took a look at the bout sheet. Surprisingly, I don’t recognize more than a handful of names.

Does anyone have any suggestions for people I need to pay attention to, or any under the radar wrestlers.

Also, has anyone been to this event before? Any thoughts?

I’m heading down to watch my bro in laws nephew and I took a look at the bout sheet. Surprisingly, I don’t recognize more than a handful of names.

Does anyone have any suggestions for people I need to pay attention to, or any under the radar wrestlers.

Will be there watching my nephew. Its usually a decent event.

Looked at the line-up and seemed like I recognized a lot of the names as wrestlers from the K-8 range, maybe I missed something. Didn’t this event used to feature HS’ers?

I'm pretty sure I paid to watch this last year. I believe it had the Riggins vs Gaitan match and really had quite a few other pretty good matches. Didn't seem near as good this year.

Wyatt Smith vs Cam Geuther

Dawson Youngblut vs Rowdy Neighbor

Max Riggins vs Jabari Hinson

Connor Fiser vs Kaden Weber

CJ Carter vs Denarli Mickel

Linden Phetxoumphone vs Cooper Hinz

Jase Jaspers vs Corbin Reisz

Brent Slade vs Wyatt Reisz

Jared Thiry vs Josh Glendening

Jillian Worthen vs Reanah Utterback

Markee Gomez vs Mila Sebolt

Layla Phillips vs Katie Biscoglia

Valerie Hamilton vs Skylar Slade

Carter Cajthaml vs Gage Spurgeon

Amir Newman-Winfrey vs Jonathan Thompson

Beckett Moyer vs Brody Peters

Tracen Frain vs Kai McDonald

Colter Lenze vs Kash Koopmans

Reactions: RothMatt
^^^^^^^^^ This list is pretty damn accurate but not 100%. There's definitely some last minute changes.

Highlights from me for anyone interested.

Dawson Youngblut = future stud.

Max Riggins beat Hinson in sv..

Val Hamilton placed fourth in the soldier salute. She’s a killer. Tech called Slade. Made it look easy.

Very impressed with the younger kids level of wrestling. The state of Iowa is in good hands.

Good event. I had fun, lots of good wrestling.

Reactions: 12tdsaw and Buchos
Highlights from me for anyone interested.

Dawson Youngblut = future stud.

Max Riggins beat Hinson in sv..

Val Hamilton placed fourth in the soldier salute. She’s a killer. Tech called Slade. Made it look easy.

Very impressed with the younger kids level of wrestling. The state of Iowa is in good hands.

Good event. I had fun, lots of good wrestling.
Where can I find results?

Yeah that was a tough matchup.Had they wrestled before? Phextomphone has a somewhat unique top game. I think he’s stronger than he looks.
They had never wrestled before so great experience for both. Linden wrestled a great match especially on top getting those two quick turns.

Reactions: HawkFan1986
Tell me more.
Possibly the most decorated youth wrestler Iowa has had in a long time. Several youth championships….like 8-9. I can’t remember the exact number. He’s an 8th grader now, but he just put up 8 points before pinning Rowdy Neighbor, a state finalist this year. This all took maybe 40 seconds. He owns a tech fall win over Bruno Cassioppi. Bruno is considered a very good Illinois wrestler.

At his current trajectory it would be hard for me to not see him as a 4 time champ. Check out his Trackwrestling page for more details. He’s a good one.

Possibly the most decorated youth wrestler Iowa has had in a long time. Several youth championships….like 8-9. I can’t remember the exact number. He’s an 8th grader now, but he just put up 8 points before pinning Rowdy Neighbor, a state finalist this year. This all took maybe 40 seconds. He owns a tech fall win over Bruno Cassioppi. Bruno is considered a very good Illinois wrestler.

At his current trajectory it would be hard for me to not see him as a 4 time champ. Check out his Trackwrestling page for more details. He’s a good one.
I see his trackwrestling profile says Jesup, is he wrestling there with Hinz?

Kid looks great! Hope he doesn't fizzle.....
Guessing he won't. Technique wise, he's the best youth wrestler I've seen in several years. His dominance over the years hasn't been because he was a superior athlete, or because he developed physically earlier than other kids or because he was coached up at a young level compared to other kids. His technique is better than most high school kids. He's confident not cocky. He's a hard worker. Has big goals. I would expect him to contend for a state title next year as a freshman at 120.

Man, you guys sure do get worked up where a 13 yo kid goes to school. So bizarre, not sure how that has an effect on your life.
Texted a buddy and heard today the rumor is that they are getting Schwab's from CF and Silas from East. So that would be 4 if it holds true.. as a coach, that would effect my teams ability to win a title lol especially if you're a 1a school competing against that.

I get it though, if you want to be the best you need to train with the best. Can't blame the kids for looking to improve!

Texted a buddy and heard today the rumor is that they are getting Schwab's from CF and Silas from East. So that would be 4 if it holds true.. as a coach, that would effect my teams ability to win a title lol especially if you're a 1a school competing against that.

I get it though, if you want to be the best you need to train with the best. Can't blame the kids for looking to improve!
It's pretty much been a given that they are winning 1A for some time now. It is what it is.

Or how about you worry about your kid getting a 1600 on the SAT and quit worrying about who wins a high school wrestling tournament.

If you want they can go to the best wrestling clubs, etc. But good god just worry about what they are doing academic wise.

Or send them to Don Bosco if you want the to win a team championship.

Guessing he won't. Technique wise, he's the best youth wrestler I've seen in several years. His dominance over the years hasn't been because he was a superior athlete, or because he developed physically earlier than other kids or because he was coached up at a young level compared to other kids. His technique is better than most high school kids. He's confident not cocky. He's a hard worker. Has big goals. I would expect him to contend for a state title next year as a freshman at 120.
How does he compare to Jesueroga at the same time frame?

Youngblut was o-for versus cassioppi for the first few years they wrestled if I am not mistaken (always close matches) but has sort of turned the tide. Believe he has won 3 in a row now. Beat him last summer at 14 national duals in both fs and Greco.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT