ADVERTISEMENT

Nikki Haley announces she is running for President

“This is a war for freedom, and it’s a war we have to win. We shouldn’t be so arrogant to think this couldn’t happen on our doorstep. It could. We've got to fight for the Ukrainians as they are fighting for their freedom and their lives,” Haley said. “Putin is a thug and a war criminal. We've got to make sure that if we win, we'll keep every thug and war criminal from ever trying to do this again."
So you're just going to believe her latest stance on something? She stands for nothing. She goes back and forth in whichever way something is beneficial to HER...not the country.

....and Cheney and Kinzinger don't have jobs anymore. It is what it is...
...which is fine, but a candidate who falls in line with Trump has zero chance of capturing a non-GOP voter. The GOP has to find candidate that is anti-Trump, yet can survive the primaries. Easier said than done...it may take another election cycle or two to get there.

...which is fine, but a candidate who falls in line with Trump has zero chance of capturing a non-GOP voter. The GOP has to find candidate that is anti-Trump, yet can survive the primaries. Easier said than done...it may take another election cycle or two to get there.
I think Kemp has seemed to have threaded that needle pretty well.

Ron has been in Trumps crosshairs for a while and has done nicely.

Unfortunately the key seems to be be not to overtly go against Trump....got to be covert about it. Piss him off but don't engage with him...which probably pisses Don off quite a bit.

Last edited:
So you're just going to believe her latest stance on something? She stands for nothing. She goes back and forth in whichever way something is beneficial to HER...not the country.
It’s a stance that has gone back to at least 2016 on Russia. Literally her stance on Russia is documented in the UN! Not sure what else you need to prove that she is supportive of what Biden is doing if not wanting to do more against Russia.

Again you can not like the right but let’s not let facts get in the way of your blue colored sunglasses.

Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
It’s a stance that has gone back to at least 2016 on Russia. Literally her stance on Russia is documented in the UN! Not sure what else you need to prove that she is supportive of what Biden is doing if not wanting to do more against Russia.

Again you can not like the right but let’s not let facts get in the way of your blue colored sunglasses.
Ok.

Supportive is a very strong word for how she feels about Biden and the war in Ukraine. She also threw out the crap about it wouldn't happen under Trump. Sure, Nikki. Yeah, Putin was really terrified of his puppet.

I think Kemp has seemed to have threaded that needle pretty well.

Ron has been in Trumps crosshairs for a while and has done nicely.

Unfortunately the key seems to be be not to overtly go against Trump....got to be covert about it. Piss him off but don't engage with him...which probably pisses Don off quite a bit.
Agree. The “ignore” feature is a powerful tool and drastically underutilized.

Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2

I've already pointed it out in this thread but she was pretty convinced Russia would never invade Ukraine. But then after they did she did the rounds on Fox saying that she knew they would all along. She's an opportunist.

Why exactly is Kamala horrible? Why do people not like her?
No one here would question my libtard credentials, so I say this with nothing but love for leftist looney-tunes everywhere. Kamala is a silly, unserious person. The easily disproven lies ("I listened to 2Pac in college") and word salad answers to simple questions are the staples of the Trump Administration, but have no place in a serious Democratic Presidential Administration. She's terrible.

Agree. The “ignore” feature is a powerful tool and drastically underutilized.

Yep, it has worked very well for both Kemp and DeSantis, and Trump voters have been more than willing to vote for them despite Trump's attacks.

Being full on anti-Trump, as the defining feature of your political character, is an absolute non-starter. For a lot of reasons.

That should not be confused with accepting that Trump is some kind of ultimate king-maker/king-slayer for Republicans, as he has proven not to be, particularly in Georgia.

Trump has his hard-core cultists that it's Trump or nothing. But the majority of Trump voters, even those who feel positively about him, are very open if not partial to other candidates, even if for no other reason than political self-interest - he's a losing proposition in an eminently winnable race.

The problem is that the cultists, who don't care at ALL about Republicans actually winning elections, are a big enough block to win the primary, and fairly easily if there are enough candidates splitting the non-Trump vote.

The key will be how quickly it boils down to a Trump vs DeSantis primary. If it gels that way fairly quickly, I like DeSantis' chances. However if we get a repeat of 2016 with 5-6 no-hope Trump alternatives late into the process, Trump has a pretty good path.

Money is going to matter, and Trump is going to find the money a lot harder to come by this time. DeSantis has a pretty big war chest and it will continue to grow. I actually think Trump is going to bristle at the costs of running this time around without some of the bigger mainstream donors he had last time. He's down to basically his grifter ecosystem, and his own money, and I think we know how he will feel about spending his own money. There's already lots of stories about him running a "stripped down, more efficient and focused" campaign this time.

But if he hangs in with a clear path to victory in a crowded primary, some of that money will start coming back in.

I also think he will be hurt by less free advertising by the media. They've already moved in large part against DeSantis, Trump isn't going to get the 80% of the airtime he got in 2016.

No one here would question my libtard credentials, so I say this with nothing but love for leftist looney-tunes everywhere. Kamala is a silly, unserious person. The easily disproven lies ("I listened to 2Pac in college") and word salad answers to simple questions are the staples of the Trump Administration, but have no place in a serious Democratic Presidential Administration. She's terrible.
I literally hear nothing from her like I literally heard nothing from Biden, very little from Cheney, and Gore. The only reason I heard anything from Pence was because of Covid. I'll take your word for it. I just was under the impression that Republicans hated her from Day 1.

• Haha
Reactions: FAUlty Gator
I'm here too. I think she's a good candidate generally (in terms of where the Republicans are at the moment) but don't think she's got any momentum. Seems to be a strong VP candidate, would have no problem with a DeSantis/Haley ticket.

That said, been fairly surprised how robust the attacks on her have been from the left, given what I would consider her non-viability. Maybe they actually see her as potentially getting in the way of their beloved Trump nomination, more likely it's just automatic response.

I'm ok with her running, but nothing matters for Republicans other than beating Trump, and its still too early to see how her candidacy plays out to that effect. The less crowded field the better, so she needs to be ready to hit the exit early if its not happening, unlike the 2016 idiots.
How about attacks from the right? Coulter just told her to "go back to her country."
Which I suppose is fair since Haley told Warnock to do the same.

How about attacks from the right? Coulter just told her to "go back to her country."
Which I suppose is fair since Haley told Warnock to do the same.

What about them? I expect them toward anyone not Trump. Attacks on her and on DeSantis from the lunatic grifter wing have been and will be significant.

Reactions: BrunoMars420
I literally hear nothing from her like I literally heard nothing from Biden, very little from Cheney, and Gore. The only reason I heard anything from Pence was because of Covid. I'll take your word for it. I just was under the impression that Republicans hated her from Day 1.
Well of course they did. What chance did a black woman Democrat have with any Republicans ever? I of course liked her before I knew anything about her or heard her talk, and it's been downhill ever since. The next time she says something that sounds well thought out and sincere will be the first.

As an aside - See how easy it is, Republicans, to call your own side on their BS when it's appropriate? Of course if you did that for one of your pols, you'd have to do it for 99% of them, so I get why you clam up about MTG, Boebert, Gym Jordan, Trump, Gates, etc. etc. etc.

Reactions: EasyHawk
Well of course they did. What chance did a black woman Democrat have with any Republicans ever? I of course liked her before I knew anything about her or heard her talk, and it's been downhill ever since. The next time she says something that sounds well thought out and sincere will be the first.

As an aside - See how easy it is, Republicans, to call your own side on their BS when it's appropriate? Of course if you did that for one of your pols, you'd have to do it for 99% of them, so I get why you clam up about MTG, Boebert, Gym Jordan, Trump, Gates, etc. etc. etc.

Your take is refreshing compared to certain posters on here. The if they are democrat or Republican they can do no wrong because I am democrat or Republican takes are so pathetic. I am an independent that leans right but have plenty of left leaning thoughts but I think it’s crucial for both parties to call out the BS from these politicians.

Reactions: EasyHawk
Your take is refreshing compared to certain posters on here. The if they are democrat or Republican they can do no wrong because I am democrat or Republican takes are so pathetic. I am an independent that leans right but have plenty of left leaning thoughts but I think it’s crucial for both parties to call out the BS from these politicians.
My no pic wife asked me a couple nights ago, "Do you know who Bruno Mars is?" I said "I don't really know him, but I always enjoy his posts on the message board." She looked at me and said, "I'm not talking about your stupid message board, I'm talking about some singer." Yes, we are old.

My no pic wife asked me a couple nights ago, "Do you know who Bruno Mars is?" I said "I don't really know him, but I always enjoy his posts on the message board." She looked at me and said, "I'm not talking about your stupid message board, I'm talking about some singer." Yes, we are old.
You need to watch him live on YouTube to understand his brilliance as a singer and performer. 😤😤

Pretty good interview with Bari Weiss

It's ironic that Rs are infatuated with guns but are scared shitless to use them when scumbags like Putin come calling.

Reactions: cigaretteman
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT