ADVERTISEMENT

Nikki Haley announces she is running for President

She is probably the person that has disagreed and came after Trump the most the past 6 years. Per her wiki page on Trump:
During the 2016 Republican presidential primaries Haley supported and campaigned for Marco Rubio. Before Super Tuesday, she condemned Trump's failing to denounce Ku Klux Klan leader David Duke by saying "We saw and looked at true hate in the eyes last year in Charleston...I will not stop until we fight a man that chooses not to disavow the KKK. That is not a part of our party. That is not who we want as president." She added, "That is not who our Republican Party is. That's not who America is. When my parents came here, they came here because they knew there was love and acceptance in this country". Rubio dropped out of the race two weeks later. In October 2016, when asked if she'd vote for Trump she replied, "Of course". Haley further endorsed Trump saying, "...the best person based on the policies, and dealing with things like Obamacare, still is Donald Trump".[177][178] Haley warned that Trump's rhetoric could lead to violent tragedy.

Since her resignation in 2018, she has remained supportive of Trump and his administration describing him as a "friend". She had stated that she was "proud of the successes of the Trump administration" and "I'm not going to apologize" for working with Trump. She strongly defended Trump since his election loss against Joe Bidensaying, "I understand the president. I understand that genuinely, to his core, he believes he was wronged, This is not him making it up."[180]

She described Trump's actions around the 2021 storming of the United States Capitol as "not his finest", but fiercely opposed Trump's second impeachment, criticizing Democrats and journalists on Fox News's The Ingraham Anglewith Laura Ingraham. In that January 25 television interview, she also declared that she would vote against impeachment, and that "They will bring about impeachment, yet they say they are for unity. They beat him up before he got into office. They are beating him up after he leaves office. At some point, give the man a break. I mean, move on".[181] However, in an interview given on January 12, 2021, but published a month later, while Trump's second impeachment trial was underway on charges he had incited the January 2021 storming of the Capitol, Haley said, "We need to acknowledge he let us down. He went down a path he shouldn't have, and we shouldn't have followed him, and we shouldn't have listened to him. And we can't let that ever happen again."[108] According to Politico in February 2021, Haley later reached out to former President Trump to request a sit-down meeting at Mar-a-Lago. Trump reportedly declined the request.[182]

She has reportedly not spoken with Trump on or since January 6, 2021, and asked whether Trump is a friend, she stated that "Friend is a loose term."[180] She has been critical of Trump's role during the 2021 storming of the United States Capitol,[180] saying that she was angry that Donald Trump took no action to protect Vice President Pence, adding, "When I tell you I'm angry, it's an understatement."[180]

In February 2021 Haley stated:

Most of Mr. Trump's major policies were outstanding and made America stronger, safer and more prosperous. Many of his actions since the election were wrong and will be judged harshly by history...I will gladly defend the bulk of the Trump record and his determination to shake up the corrupt status quo in Washington.
— The Wall Street Journal op-ed[183]
Nevertheless, in April 2021, Haley said she would support Trump for President in 2024.

FpDJRJVX0AAc1dW

it's almost like twitter was invented for don to wield it.
guy's good. wish we could get him to join hrot.

Has Trump come up with a nickname yet? This has become my new favorite part of the election process. Meatball Ron. LOL. Awesome.

Obama campaigned with Farrakhan? After a quick Google search I didn't see anything but a few articles from 2018 about a photo showing the two of them together in 2005, and several articles from 2008 where Obama condemned Farrakhan's comments.

That's what they always do, throw BS out there to see if anyone catches it.

Obama campaigned with Farrakhan? After a quick Google search I didn't see anything but a few articles from 2018 about a photo showing the two of them together in 2005, and several articles from 2008 where Obama condemned Farrakhan's comments.
So once it becomes a big deal she will condemn him and it will all be good? Again, like I said no one will give a shit from the right like no one gave a shit about Obama from the left in 2007

• Haha
Reactions: BelemNole
She is probably the person that has disagreed and came after Trump the most the past 6 years. Per her wiki page on Trump:
During the 2016 Republican presidential primaries Haley supported and campaigned for Marco Rubio. Before Super Tuesday, she condemned Trump's failing to denounce Ku Klux Klan leader David Duke by saying "We saw and looked at true hate in the eyes last year in Charleston...I will not stop until we fight a man that chooses not to disavow the KKK. That is not a part of our party. That is not who we want as president." She added, "That is not who our Republican Party is. That's not who America is. When my parents came here, they came here because they knew there was love and acceptance in this country". Rubio dropped out of the race two weeks later. In October 2016, when asked if she'd vote for Trump she replied, "Of course". Haley further endorsed Trump saying, "...the best person based on the policies, and dealing with things like Obamacare, still is Donald Trump".[177][178] Haley warned that Trump's rhetoric could lead to violent tragedy.

Since her resignation in 2018, she has remained supportive of Trump and his administration describing him as a "friend". She had stated that she was "proud of the successes of the Trump administration" and "I'm not going to apologize" for working with Trump. She strongly defended Trump since his election loss against Joe Bidensaying, "I understand the president. I understand that genuinely, to his core, he believes he was wronged, This is not him making it up."[180]

She described Trump's actions around the 2021 storming of the United States Capitol as "not his finest", but fiercely opposed Trump's second impeachment, criticizing Democrats and journalists on Fox News's The Ingraham Anglewith Laura Ingraham. In that January 25 television interview, she also declared that she would vote against impeachment, and that "They will bring about impeachment, yet they say they are for unity. They beat him up before he got into office. They are beating him up after he leaves office. At some point, give the man a break. I mean, move on".[181] However, in an interview given on January 12, 2021, but published a month later, while Trump's second impeachment trial was underway on charges he had incited the January 2021 storming of the Capitol, Haley said, "We need to acknowledge he let us down. He went down a path he shouldn't have, and we shouldn't have followed him, and we shouldn't have listened to him. And we can't let that ever happen again."[108] According to Politico in February 2021, Haley later reached out to former President Trump to request a sit-down meeting at Mar-a-Lago. Trump reportedly declined the request.[182]

She has reportedly not spoken with Trump on or since January 6, 2021, and asked whether Trump is a friend, she stated that "Friend is a loose term."[180] She has been critical of Trump's role during the 2021 storming of the United States Capitol,[180] saying that she was angry that Donald Trump took no action to protect Vice President Pence, adding, "When I tell you I'm angry, it's an understatement."[180]

In February 2021 Haley stated:

Nevertheless, in April 2021, Haley said she would support Trump for President in 2024.
If Nikki can't stand up to Trump how will she stand up to Putin?

We've given her since 2016. I think she's been given enough time to denounce Trump.
She was ripping him during the 2016 primaries, and endorsing other candidates. After the election, she buddied up and got the ambassador position.

Romney did the same but did not get a position. Trump was just playing him.

If Nikki can't stand up to Trump how will she stand up to Putin?
She called Putin out in her campaign speech. Calling Ukraine a great Ally we have to protect. Plenty of examples of condemning Russia and putin.

She called Putin out in her campaign speech. Calling Ukraine a great Ally we have to protect. Plenty of examples of condemning Russia and putin.

And yet she still chose to work for his buddy. Her speeches don't mean anything when she continues to support Russia's greatest Western asset.

Gawd you’re beyond help.
She didn't even think that Russia was going to invade Ukraine, Jan. She said repeatedly that Russia was just doing this to gain concessions but that they would ultimately stay out. And then after they invaded, she hit Fox and said that she knew all along that they would invade. She's full of shit. Why's it so hard for you to admit this?

Reactions: Tom Paris
And yet she still chose to work for his buddy. Her speeches don't mean anything when she continues to support Russia's greatest Western asset.
She literally said she is for protecting Ukraine and was the only other country other than Isreal she brought up during her speech for an ally. And if you look her up on Russia there are plenty of other examples.

Huey, I get you hate the right and such but these are her stances going into primary season.

“This is a war for freedom, and it’s a war we have to win. We shouldn’t be so arrogant to think this couldn’t happen on our doorstep. It could. We've got to fight for the Ukrainians as they are fighting for their freedom and their lives,” Haley said. “Putin is a thug and a war criminal. We've got to make sure that if we win, we'll keep every thug and war criminal from ever trying to do this again."

To me it seems like she is like Biden on sanctions and fighting for the Ukrainian people. She even wants to go further with sanctions on Russia. Not sure why this is a bad thing?

And this also goes against the far rights policy on Russia and Ukraine.

She literally said she is for protecting Ukraine and was the only other country other than Isreal she brought up during her speech for an ally. And if you look her up on Russia there are plenty of other examples.

Huey, I get you hate the right and such but these are her stances going into primary season.
See my above post. She has no stance. She has no core beliefs. Her stances and core beliefs change just as soon as it convenient for them to change. Look at her promise to not run if Trump did. That didn't last long. She is like Lindsay Graham.

So once it becomes a big deal she will condemn him and it will all be good? Again, like I said no one will give a shit from the right like no one gave a shit about Obama from the left in 2007

So Obama never campaigned with Farrakhan, and you just wanted to make an attempt at a "both sides" argument? Got it.

I never claimed this would make difference, I just said that it shows how far to the right Republicans have moved that Haley can actively campaign with this nutjob and still be viewed as "moderate".

Reactions: BelemNole
See my above post. She has no stance. She has no core beliefs. Her stances and core beliefs change just as soon as it convenient for them to change. Look at her promise to not run if Trump did. That didn't last long. She is like Lindsay Graham.
You mean like Obama's and Biden's and Hillary's did on gay marriage, all in the same year at the exact same time? Whew. And to think you almost voted for them!

Agree to disagree Huey.

So Obama never campaigned with Farrakhan, and you just wanted to make an attempt at a "both sides" argument? Got it.

I never claimed this would make difference, I just said that it shows how far to the right Republicans have moved that Haley can actively campaign with this nutjob and still be viewed as "moderate".
No my premise is no one will give a shit like no one gave a shit about Obama and Farrakhan or Trump and Epstein

I suspect they’re all going to announce then sit back and hope someone else takes out Trump, and then they can still be a viable alternative. Just like 2016.

Agree to disagree Huey.
Just like Lindsay. Just like Rubio. Just like most Republicans, Nikki warned up and down how dangerous Trump was in 2015. Then after he won they all couldn't gush over him fast enough. And in her case, she even begged for a job from Don afterwards. She is an opportunist.

Just like Lindsay. Just like Rubio. Just like most Republicans, Nikki warned up and down how dangerous Trump was in 2015. Then after he won they all couldn't gush over him fast enough. And in her case, she even begged for a job from Don afterwards. She is an opportunist.

Kamala and Joe Biden. Ring a bell?

Reactions: BrunoMars420
This is the game all politicians play lol.

I don't dislike Haley, but I'd be surprised to see her be able to make a strong move on the nomination,... VP nominee material perhaps...

I would think that should be an easy choice in a primary between trump and Haley, but eventually we will find out if the Republicans have learned anything over the last 1 or 2 or 6 or 8 years.

I don't dislike Haley, but I'd be surprised to see her be able to make a strong move on the nomination,... VP nominee material perhaps...

I'm here too. I think she's a good candidate generally (in terms of where the Republicans are at the moment) but don't think she's got any momentum. Seems to be a strong VP candidate, would have no problem with a DeSantis/Haley ticket.

That said, been fairly surprised how robust the attacks on her have been from the left, given what I would consider her non-viability. Maybe they actually see her as potentially getting in the way of their beloved Trump nomination, more likely it's just automatic response.

I'm ok with her running, but nothing matters for Republicans other than beating Trump, and its still too early to see how her candidacy plays out to that effect. The less crowded field the better, so she needs to be ready to hit the exit early if its not happening, unlike the 2016 idiots.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT