ADVERTISEMENT

Nikki Haley planning Feb. 15 launch for 2024 White House bid

cigaretteman

HR King
May 29, 2001
Nikki Haley is moving closer to making her presidential campaign official.

On Wednesday, supporters of the former South Carolina governor will get an email invitation to a Feb. 15 launch event in Charleston, at which she plans to announce her campaign, according to a person familiar with the plans but not authorized to speak publicly about them.

News of Haley’s plans was first reported by The Post and Courier of Charleston.

Haley, 51, served as South Carolina’s governor for six years before serving as President Donald Trump’s ambassador to the United Nations. When she enters the race, Haley will be the first contender to join the contest against her former boss, who is currently the sole Republican seeking his party’s 2024 nomination.

Trump was in South Carolina Saturday for the initial campaign swing of his 2024 campaign, standing alongside Gov. Henry McMaster — who served as Haley’s lieutenant governor — and several GOP members of the state’s delegation, part of his leadership team in the early-voting state.

ADVERTISEMENT

During the Trump administration, Haley feuded at times with other White House officials while bolstering her own public persona. Her 2018 departure fueled speculation that she would challenge Trump in 2020, or replace Vice President Mike Pence on the ticket, but Haley did neither.

I hope it is too late for her. A lot of the buzz around her seem to have died off.

Reactions: BelemNole
My question is why?

Seriously look at your party, look at the polling on the matter. You are behind by like 40 points.

If it's not Trump it will be Desantis. No one else even comes close and the only way it's not one of those two is if both of their planes collide with one another in mid air.

My question is why?

Seriously look at your party, look at the polling on the matter. You are behind by like 40 points.

If it's not Trump it will be Desantis. No one else even comes close and the only way it's not one of those two is if both of their planes collide with one another in mid air.
I think she's more of a threat to take the WH in 2024 than DeSantis. We'll see...

It'll be harder for the D's to vilify her than Ron. Much harder...

Reactions: ICHerky
I believe Trump openly encouraged her to run as his successful strategy has been to splinter support among numerous candidates. She is probably coordinating with him to gain a spot on his ticket.
^^^^^^^^This.

She will do well in South Carolina, but not anywhere else. She's got Noem, Lake, and maybe Dim Kim as competition for veep candidate.

But I will enjoy her ventriloquist imitation.

I hope it is too late for her. A lot of the buzz around her seem to have died off.
While DeSantis has been able to use his office to throw red meat to the base (shipping migrants to blue states and scolding mask wearers), Nikki has been out of office and the limelight. She needs to get out on the campaign trail. This also puts her in position for a VP spot.

Reactions: MitchLL
Good luck being brown like me, Namrata. Ended well for Piyush, err Bobby, Jindal.

Good luck being brown like me, Namrata. Ended well for Piyush, err Bobby, Jindal.
I think you're right.

I believe there is a significant bloc of voters that will NEVER vote for a female. Even diehard, redneck, white Nationalists south of the Mason Dixon line.

Sadly, I believe the only way we ever see a female President is if we have a female veep and a President dies while in office.

Reactions: GOHOX69
I think you're right.

I believe there is a significant bloc of voters that will NEVER vote for a female. Even diehard, redneck, white Nationalists south of the Mason Dixon line.

Sadly, I believe the only way we ever see a female President is if we have a female veep and a President dies while in office.
They might vote for a female but that female better be white. Simple demographics bears this out. An Indian American woman, notwithstanding her fake South Carolina accent, ain't winning (even her nomination).

• Haha
Reactions: West Duval Nole
I think you're right.

They might vote for a female but that female better be white. Simple demographics bears this out. An Indian American woman, notwithstanding her fake South Carolina accent, ain't winning (even her nomination).

Woman*

I'm cancelling you fellas.

She has been my preferred candidate for two years now. I think she wins the nomination and becomes the next POTUS.

She is very smart, articulate, and a great communicator. Also very tough. She will be a great president.
Whatever drugs you are doing, I would like some of those please! I'll bet you $50 dollars she doesn't even win her party's nomination. Game?

Whatever drugs you are doing, I would like some of those please! I'll bet you $50 dollars she doesn't even win her party's nomination. Game?

We’ll see. I’d need huge odds to bet who will win a nomination this far out.

I I knew you personally I’d make a small wager that the republican nominee is not Trump or DeSantis. I don’t do anonymous internet bets😉

• Haha
Reactions: GOHOX69
We’ll see. I’d need huge odds to bet who will win a nomination this far out.

I I knew you personally I’d make a small wager that the republican nominee is not Trump or DeSantis. I don’t do anonymous internet bets😉
We will revisit this thread in a few years unless my jet setting lifestyle has killed me by then haha.

Reactions: ICHerky and Moral
I believe Trump openly encouraged her to run as his successful strategy has been to splinter support among numerous candidates. She is probably coordinating with him to gain a spot on his ticket.
That would actually be really smart of him to do. So that moron would not have come up with it.

Reactions: BelemNole
I think she's more of a threat to take the WH in 2024 than DeSantis. We'll see...

It'll be harder for the D's to vilify her than Ron. Much harder...
Why would us Dems need to vilify her? Trump is already working on his zingers, put downs, and ethnic slurs. Ron will just be slightly more clever in his than Trump.

Choice is good, but I don’t think she has a shot. It’s Trump’s to lose again, sadly.

There is not one piece of evidence or poll or survey to support that claim.

She's been hovering around 6 percent, yet you think she is a bigger threat.
He’s talking in the general election. You’re right about the primary, so it’s moot.

Why would us Dems need to vilify her? Trump is already working on his zingers, put downs, and ethnic slurs. Ron will just be slightly more clever in his than Trump.
Because that's what the parties do...vilify the opposition.

Mitt Romney....being a glaring example for the D's.

R's obviously guilty of this...

Anyway, I think it'd be much harder with Haley.

Reactions: hawkland14
yeah she isn't going to get the nomination unless there's a huge contingent of trump fans decide that from a pragmatic standpoint trump can't beat the dems but nikki might...or trump decides to step aside and recommend nikki. all said, if she ends up as prez, i think she'll do a good job for the country.

I don't like her chances. She won't be able to outcompete Trump for his own supporters, she hasn't done a whole lot the past several years so has big visibility problems, what would her lane even be?

There is not one piece of evidence or poll or survey to support that claim.

She's been hovering around 6 percent, yet you think she is a bigger threat.
Right now she's at 6%.....honestly getting the R nomination is a tough hill to climb for her. Trumps polling in early 2015 was pretty bad :)

I just think of the prospective R's running in 2024 she's the one that'd have the best chance of actually winning the presidency. I think she'd be more attractive to independents (the folks you need to win) than Trump/Ron/ Pompeo ect....

Reactions: globalhawk
Right now she's at 6%.....honestly getting the R nomination is a tough hill to climb for her. Trumps polling in early 2015 was pretty bad :)

I just think of the prospective R's running in 2024 she's the one that'd have the best chance of actually winning the presidency. I think she'd be more attractive to independents (the folks you need to win) than Trump/Ron/ Pompeo ect....

Part of having the best chance of winning is having the best chance of winning. She barely polls well enough to make primary four.

Reactions: lucas80
Because that's what the parties do...vilify the opposition.

Mitt Romney....being a glaring example for the D's.

R's obviously guilty of this...

Anyway, I think it'd be much harder with Haley.

Got any links to Dems using racist slurs against Mitt, or calling Mitt ugly?
The highlighted section I am not sure if you were referring to Dems or Republicans, but if it's Republicans, I find that refreshingly naive.

Part of having the best chance of winning is having the best chance of winning. She barely polls well enough to make primary four.
Way early....Obama was a long shot in 2007.

This polling was from June 2007....further along in the process than now.

Lets see where she is in June...

New York Sen. Hillary Clinton established her lead among the Democratic candidates early in the process. Since January there have been two occasions when Illinois Sen. Barack Obama, who has been in second place during most of 2007, came within striking distance of Clinton in Gallup Polls, but she has otherwise maintained her lead, which has ranged from 9 to 19 percentage points. In Gallup's latest poll, conducted June 11-14, 2007, Clinton leads Obama by 11 points among Democrats (33% to 21%).

Got any links to Dems using racist slurs against Mitt, or calling Mitt ugly?
The highlighted section I am not sure if you were referring to Dems or Republicans, but if it's Republicans, I find that refreshingly naive.
Oh Trump will go after her for sure.....disloyalty :)

Just saying if she gets the R nomination the D's will have a hard time vilifying her....much easier with Trump (for good reason) and Ron....harder with Haley.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT