ADVERTISEMENT

*****NIT tournament thread*****

#1 Villanova was eliminated in the other half of their region, so if the Hawks can leave Utah victorious this weekend, they'll get home court advantage in a game that will decide if they'll be playing in the 'Final 4' or not.
Yep you're right. Awesome! Here's a bracket for anyone interested as well. The initial one prior to games.

Reactions: HawkBall23
After watching a lot of these games (most of them were really good matchups and very entertaining btw) the good news is that Iowa can absolutely beat anyone left. The bad news is they can absolutely lose to anyone left too.

I like the Utah matchup because they are about as un-athletic as we are. So nobody there is going to cause us problems off the dribble and while they do have a skilled big man, he really shouldn't be a mis-match for Freeman or Krikke on our defensive side and he lacks bulk to really dominate the paint on the other end. But like always in tournament time, can Fran's teams hit shots on the road? If they do, they win, if they don't, they lose.

It would be cool to see Iowa-Indiana St. in the final 4 because that would be a really fun game, probably at +180 or so.

Reactions: Beattheohiostate
After watching a lot of these games (most of them were really good matchups and very entertaining btw) the good news is that Iowa can absolutely beat anyone left. The bad news is they can absolutely lose to anyone left too.

I like the Utah matchup because they are about as un-athletic as we are. So nobody there is going to cause us problems off the dribble and while they do have a skilled big man, he really shouldn't be a mis-match for Freeman or Krikke on our defensive side and he lacks bulk to really dominate the paint on the other end. But like always in tournament time, can Fran's teams hit shots on the road? If they do, they win, if they don't, they lose.

It would be cool to see Iowa-Indiana St. in the final 4 because that would be a really fun game, probably at +180 or so.
I agree. Iowa-Indiana State at Hinkle could be best case scenario for the NIT, and a pretty good one for the Hawkeyes too. I watched the Drake-Indiana State conference championship game, and it was a fun one. Drake took an 18-point lead, Indiana State came back and took a 3 or 4 point lead late, then Drake fought back and pulled out the win.

Indiana State is a very good team and deserved to be in the NCAA tournament. But Iowa would have a good chance to beat them. As you said, it's pretty much a toss-up the rest of the way.

So let's beat Utah and keep on going. Since Iowa is in it, they may as well win it.

How about the men win the NIT and the women win the NCAA? I'm ready for that.

Indiana State 36 - Minnesota 28 with 55.4 seconds left 1st half on ESPN2. Winner gets Cincinnati.

Nice pass from Cream Adbul Jabbar for an Indiana State hoop and they lead by 10.

Reactions: Hawksfor3
I dislike Minnesota, so its not too heart-breaking, but the B1G's unbeaten run ends here.

Still 4-1, in the NIT, after this game.

Georgia up 15 at halftime, at Wake Forest.

If score holds - and Iowa can win tonight - both remaining B1G teams in the NIT will have home games to try and make it to Hinkle Fieldhouse in Indianapolis in April for the NIT F4.

Possibly potential Ohio St vs Iowa NIT Final?

I wouldn't hate that too much.

Reactions: Hawksfor3
VCU vs so.florida
Tie game with 6 minutes 1st half.
If we win we play winner in Carver...we will need the home court to hang with these uber- athletic teams.

Cincinnati has a player named Jizzle James.

Good lord, that's nearly child abuse to name a kid that. The teasing he musta got growing up. oof

The second biggest star in college Basketball is playing right now on ESPN. Cream Abdul Jabbar has 11 points in first 5 minutes!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT