ADVERTISEMENT

NK missile taking aim at Japan right NOW

I was a speed bump just north of Seoul at Camp Red Cloud for 15 months back in the late 90s
I hung out with quite a few military guys stationed in Yongsan. The amount of conventional weapons NK had pointed at Seoul and Tokyo was startling to learn. Was Red Cloud near Uijeongbu?

Correct. But please point me to the last time the Japanese government had to issue a warning to the public because of the trajectory possibly landing in their territory. This is an unusual kind of recklessness.

Reactions: BlIIlken2
I hung out with quite a few military guys stationed in Yongsan. The amount of conventional weapons NK had pointed at Seoul and Tokyo was startling to learn. Was Red Cloud near Uijeongbu?
Uijeongbu is where it was. Close enough to Seoul that we had access to the subway system. My battalion was spilt between CRC and Camp Casey in Dongducheon

Reactions: globalhawk

When NK shoots over Japan it becomes alarming. Typically NK launches missiles into the Sea of Japan.

Reactions: BlIIlken2
Uijeongbu is where it was. Close enough to Seoul that we had access to the subway system. My battalion was spilt between CRC and Camp Casey in Dongducheon
I was on contract through SK and one of the Korean managers lived in Uijeongbu. I would go up there sometimes to party with him. Koreans can throw down the alcohol. Soju hangovers are the worst.

Reactions: mjtommy
Lets hope. So there is nothing anyone can do but let him lob missiles which is basically a threat?
Nothing has been done before. The Kim Regime knows how to survive. The UN is out of sanctions. Remember, China may not like the decisions NK makes but they definitely don't want a Western friendly nation on their border.

Reactions: mjtommy
On a related note, unless it’s a underground bomb shelter, is it really a good idea to take shelter in a building? Even if the missile doesn’t kill you, there’s a good chance you’ll be crushed under rubble.

I think I’d rather take my chances in the middle of an open field.
IDK, have you seen the pictures from Ukraine? A lot of those buildings have been hit multiple times and are still standing. Many of those were built in the Soviet era. Buildings in Japan are mostly built to withstand an earthquake. I'd prefer the building over the open field. Now, a deep ditch is a different story. I'd take the ditch over the building.

On a related note, unless it’s a underground bomb shelter, is it really a good idea to take shelter in a building? Even if the missile doesn’t kill you, there’s a good chance you’ll be crushed under rubble.

I think I’d rather take my chances in the middle of an open field.
I thought you're supposed to shelter under a desk:

crawling-under-the-desk.gif

Reactions: TJ8869
I thought you're supposed to shelter under a desk:

crawling-under-the-desk.gif
If you’re already in a building and don’t have time to get out then that makes sense. But if I’m already outside, I’m not going to run into the nearest building unless it has a bomb shelter.

You are avoiding the strength of the Japanese military. You know you are wrong. You keep posting articles that proves Japan is making more improvements due to the threat China possess. Everyone can see it.

They can't really do much if NK decides to start shooting missiles at Japanese targets. They would need our firepower to respond.

Wut? Why do you keep changing the topic. Japan has one of the top militaries in the world. Yes or no?

But it's primarily defensive, per their constitution. They don't have the capability to perform an amphibious invasion, for example.

Even if I was in the middle of a large city, I think I would rather be outside. It’s more likely that the missile could hit the building I’m in than the missile hitting me.
If the missile lands within 100' you're probably toast so it doesn't matter.

But it's primarily defensive, per their constitution. They don't have the capability to perform an amphibious invasion, for example.
Yes, they do. They literally use the same ship-to-shore connector we do.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT