ADVERTISEMENT

Nord Stream Gas Leaks Raise Allegations of Sabotage

I’m not the sharpest knife in the drawer and have a dumb question: Nordsteam 2 was never online, and Russia had shut off Nordstream 1 due to technical issues. If true, how/why is natural gas bubbling to the surface?

The entire situation seems very fishy.

While not actually transporting gas, the lines were still charged and under pressure... Maintaining line pressure counteracts the pressure of the surrounding seawater and creates a stable condition for the pipeline.

I’m not the sharpest knife in the drawer and have a dumb question: Nordsteam 2 was never online, and Russia had shut off Nordstream 1 due to technical issues. If true, how/why is natural gas bubbling to the surface?

The entire situation seems very fishy.
From last year:

MOSCOW, Oct 4 (Reuters) - Nord Stream 2 has started filling one of its two pipelines with natural gas for tests, said the operator of the pipeline that runs on the bed of the Baltic Sea from Russia to Germany.

The politically charged Nord Stream 2 project was designed by Moscow to bypass Ukraine with its gas exports to Europe.

Reactions: Thunderlips71
As I mentioned before, I actually think that Ukraine has the most to gain from putting these pipelines on the sidelines...

According to who? All the international news I have read believes it is Russia. Where are you getting your news?
Just so we're clear, the international news you're now reading isn't still the Asia Times, correct? And you're able to determine that the NS1 isn't transporting gas from Norway to Poland, correct?

Just so we're all on the same page here.

Just so we're clear, the international news you're now reading isn't still the Asia Times, correct? And you're able to determine that the NS1 isn't transporting gas from Norway to Poland, correct?

Correct. I read quite a few international publications.

By the way, what is wrong with the Asia Times?

Because it precludes the option of (re)starting flows again to Europe and bypassing Eastern Europe.
The destruction of this pipeline and establishment of the Norway-Poland pipeline give Poland and Ukraine more leverage than if both of those pipelines could carry supplies.

You really are the russian puppet. At this point until proven otherwise the obvious answer is Russia. Until you have more proof to the contrary.

By the way, what is wrong with the Asia Times?
Nothing, except they're pushing conspiracy theory articles (your words, not mine) about countries other than Russia possibly targeting the pipeline.

Wow. Going all conspiracy theory already?

But don't take my word for it, here's the Asia Times article you linked yesterday. Maybe actually read through it and see what conspiracy theories they're out there peddling.

https://asiatimes.com/2022/09/who-gains-most-from-nord-stream-sabotage/

Let's be honest, you likely did read it and just don't understand it, like you thinking the NS1 sent gas from Norway to Poland reading these same articles.

Nothing, except they're pushing conspiracy theory articles (your words, not mine) about countries other than Russia possibly targeting the pipeline.

But don't take my word for it, here's the Asia Times article you linked yesterday. Maybe actually read through it and see what conspiracy theories they're out there peddling.

https://asiatimes.com/2022/09/who-gains-most-from-nord-stream-sabotage/

Let's be honest, you likely did read it and just don't understand it, like you thinking the NS1 sent gas from Norway to Poland reading these same articles.
Asia Times has a solid reputation. D-Port was repeating Tucker if you can’t understand. I think you might have some beef with me I am unaware of?

Asia Times has a solid reputation. D-Port was repeating Tucker if you can’t understand. I think you might have some beef with me I am unaware of?
I'm not 12 so I don't really have "beef" on the internet. Just love watching people make themselves look stupid. Like linking an article to further your point that's putting out the same info you're calling "conspiracy theories" in another post is a great example.

Good stuff.

At this point until proven otherwise the obvious answer is Russia. Until you have more proof to the contrary.
Why is that ‘obvious’?

The most obvious benefactor is Ukraine, because this eliminates a Russian-German means to bypass them for energy.
People are protesting in Germany and it’s not even October yet.

Poland is an obvious benefactor as well, since they don’t want the Germans to have any leverage to cut deals with Russia. Poland’s new pipeline from Norwegian gas fields opening points to another way this benefits Poland.

The PNAC/neocon crowd running US policy benefit because this prevents the Germans from making any deals with Russia, and makes them more reliant on the U.S.

What is Russia’s ‘obvious’ benefit to blowing up their own infrastructure to prevent the possibility of delivering their gas production? I’m open to examining Russian motives, I’m just not clear what they would be. Why would Russia do this to themselves?

What is Russia’s ‘obvious’ benefit to blowing up their own infrastructure to prevent the possibility of delivering their gas production? I’m open to examining Russian motives, I’m just not clear what they would be. Why would Russia do this to themselves?
There is no good answer to that, but anyone that doesn't believe it is a "conspiracy theorist" who is just repeating Tucker Carlson.

Reactions: hwk23
I'm not 12 so I don't really have "beef" on the internet. Just love watching people make themselves look stupid. Like linking an article to further your point that's putting out the same info you're calling "conspiracy theories" in another post is a great example. By

Good stuff.
You honestly don’t think Tucker was pushing out a conspiracy theory? D-Port stated we blew it up. I posted an article that had a different take. Did I say it was true? You aren’t following along. I realize I was wrong on the pipeline. What does that have to do with conspiracy theories?

Why is that ‘obvious’?

The most obvious benefactor is Ukraine, because this eliminates a Russian-German means to bypass them for energy.
People are protesting in Germany and it’s not even October yet.

Poland is an obvious benefactor as well, since they don’t want the Germans to have any leverage to cut deals with Russia. Poland’s new pipeline from Norwegian gas fields opening points to another way this benefits Poland.

The PNAC/neocon crowd running US policy benefit because this prevents the Germans from making any deals with Russia, and makes them more reliant on the U.S.

Your analysis is spot on. There is no strategic reason for Russia to sabotage the pipeline they already control. If they want to shut down the line they have this thingy called a valve at the other end. With damage to the pipe they now have less leverage.

You honestly don’t think Tucker was pushing out a conspiracy theory? D-Port stated we blew it up. I posted an article that had a different take. Did I say it was true? You aren’t following along. I realize I was wrong on the pipeline. What does that have to do with conspiracy theories?
Its destruction necessarily involves a conspiracy, right?

I mean, whomever did this was necessarily engaged in conspiratorial activity - it was done in secret for nefarious reasons.

So look at motive and means.
Ukraine has the strongest motive, but considerably weaker than other actors and thus only could be considered in concert.

Poland, in my view, has the next strongest motives to see German and Russian cooperation nixed and the value of their own pipeline increased.

If you read 9 years from now that Poland and Ukraine worked out a means to do this would it actually surprise anyone? Or wouldn’t we be more like, “well, of course they did it. Kept Germany from getting wobbly before the frost hit.”

Its destruction necessarily involves a conspiracy, right?

I mean, whomever did this was necessarily engaged in conspiratorial activity - it was done in secret for nefarious reasons.

So look at motive and means.
Ukraine has the strongest motive, but considerably weaker than other actors and thus only could be considered in concert.

Poland, in my view, has the next strongest motives to see German and Russian cooperation nixed and the value of their own pipeline increased.

If you read 9 years from now that Poland and Ukraine worked out a means to do this would it actually surprise anyone? Or wouldn’t we be more like, “well, of course they did it. Kept Germany from getting wobbly before the frost hit.”
No. I not about to declare who did this as nobody really knows. Understand?

No D-Port did. Go back and look. JFC. That’s why I responded.
America is the only logical suspect. We had the means to do it, the motive to do, we said we were going to do it, and our response (or lack there of) is pretty telling.

But since you won't form an opinion until you read it in the the NY Times or the Washington Post (or I guess Asia Times) I guess it's all just a big mystery.

America is the only logical suspect. We had the means to do it, the motive to do, we said we were going to do it, and our response (or lack there of) is pretty telling.

But since you won't form an opinion until you read it in the the NY Times or the Washington Post (or I guess Asia Times) I guess it's all just a big mystery.
I am not going to form an opinion because nobody has a phuqing clue who is responsible. It’s that simple.

I am not going to form an opinion because nobody has a phuqing clue who is responsible. It’s that simple.
I guess you need to keep your HROT cred for some reason? Wouldn't want to jump to any conclusions on an anonymous message board.

But if you don't think the USA would lie about something like this, I would refer you to the Gulf of Tonkin or WMDs in Iraq or the USS Maine or many other instances.

I guess you need to keep your HROT cred for some reason? Wouldn't want to jump to any conclusions on an anonymous message board.

But if you don't think the USA would lie about something like this, I would refer you to the Gulf of Tonkin or WMDs in Iraq or the USS Maine or many other instances.
How do you know that the USA did this? This isn’t hard?

He was pushing out a conspiracy theory, just like the article you decided to link from a source with a "solid reputation".

JFC, just take the L and move on.

Your analysis makes perfect sense. Can you imagine what the narrative would be right now if Trump said what Biden did in February 2022? Biden either needs to denounce what he said in February or admit we did it to end the speculation and finger pointing. To be honest, I think what he said was one of those off script senior moments ... he let the cat out of the bag and I'm sure the Pentagon was cringing as they were watching that in real time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Big Hawk D-Port
He was pushing out a conspiracy theory, just like the article you decided to link from a source with a "solid reputation".

JFC, just take the L and move on.

The White House should proactively put out a statement. But since we are the ones that blew it up they are not going to do that.
Do you see a difference between linking an article and making the above statement? JFC. At no point did I accuse any country or organization of anything.

Do you see a difference between linking an article and making the above statement? JFC. At no point did I accuse any country or organization of anything.
Haha, I'm starting to feel sorry for you.

Peddling the idea another country blew up the pipeline - sensible.
Stating another country blew up the pipeline - conspiracy theory.

Haha, I'm starting to feel sorry for you.

Peddling the idea another country blew up the pipeline - sensible.
Stating another country blew up the pipeline - conspiracy theory.
Where did I state which country blew it up? I said other countries where looking at it differently and linked an article. I am not starting to feel sorry for you.

Where did I state which country blew it up? I said other countries where looking at it differently and linked an article. I am not starting to feel sorry for you.
headache-gif-19.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT