ADVERTISEMENT

Not to be outdone by Texas, DeSantis joins in

This guy is such a mean-spirited jerk. He might actually be worse than Trump.

(CNN)Florida Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis is claiming credit for sending two planes carrying migrants to Martha's Vineyard in Massachusetts Wednesday, according to a statement emailed to CNN by his office.

"Florida can confirm the two planes with illegal immigrants that arrived in Martha's Vineyard today were part of the state's relocation program to transport illegal immigrants to sanctuary destinations," the statement said.

"States like Massachusetts, New York, and California will better facilitate the care of these individuals who they have invited into our country by incentivizing illegal immigration through their designation as 'sanctuary states' and support for the Biden Administration's open border policies."

An estimated 50 migrants arrived on Martha's Vineyard Wednesday on two planes, according to Massachusetts state Sen. Julian Cyr, a Democrat who represents Martha's Vineyard. The two planes arrived just after 3 p.m., Cyr said, and white vans took the migrants to Martha's Vineyard Community Services.

"There was no advance notice to anyone in Martha's Vineyard or Massachusetts that these migrants were arriving to my knowledge," Cyr said.

"The island scrambled to respond," he added. "They essentially set up shelters, the equivalent of a hurricane or Nor'easter. They set that up in a matter of hours and these families received a meal. They were Covid tested and are spending the night in shelters at several churches on the island."

Municipal officials and state officials are in touch about next steps, but Cyr stressed that the focus right now is supporting the migrants who arrived.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2022/09/14/...yard-massachusetts-migrants-planes/index.html
Why oh why is it "mean" to send them to places that are not overrun with illegals? You do know they agree to it right, their not just herded onto the plane

LOL.

The "island jumped into action" to help?

I give it a few days and they will all be moved away from the Island.

So when Trump was enforcing the border and AOC goes there to take the pictures of her crying at the fence, that’s not messaging to the liberal base?
What you call, "enforcing the border", people who care about other people call it taking children away from their mothers. Trump didn't enforce the border any better than administrations before or after him. Like I said, within 2 weeks of inauguration, Ted Cruz was down there bitching about the border. It worked on you.

Reactions: nelly02
I don't have any problem with this.

All of the left and some of the right seem to want open borders and refuse to solve the problem. There is no reason just those states that are affected should have to deal with all of the problems themselves when it is an issue for the entire country. On top of that, you had people grandstanding in the Trump era that they were sanctuary cities so lets find out if they actually are when the problem is on their doorstep.

Why oh why is it "mean" to send them to places that are not overrun with illegals? You do know they agree to it right, their not just herded onto the plane

* They’re.

And they were told that they would get expedited work papers to get on the flight. Of course, that’s false. And fraud. And human trafficking.

A nice day’s work. And the usual suspects cheer it on. BAU

This guy is such a mean-spirited jerk. He might actually be worse than Trump.

(CNN)Florida Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis is claiming credit for sending two planes carrying migrants to Martha's Vineyard in Massachusetts Wednesday, according to a statement emailed to CNN by his office.

"Florida can confirm the two planes with illegal immigrants that arrived in Martha's Vineyard today were part of the state's relocation program to transport illegal immigrants to sanctuary destinations," the statement said.

"States like Massachusetts, New York, and California will better facilitate the care of these individuals who they have invited into our country by incentivizing illegal immigration through their designation as 'sanctuary states' and support for the Biden Administration's open border policies."

An estimated 50 migrants arrived on Martha's Vineyard Wednesday on two planes, according to Massachusetts state Sen. Julian Cyr, a Democrat who represents Martha's Vineyard. The two planes arrived just after 3 p.m., Cyr said, and white vans took the migrants to Martha's Vineyard Community Services.

"There was no advance notice to anyone in Martha's Vineyard or Massachusetts that these migrants were arriving to my knowledge," Cyr said.

"The island scrambled to respond," he added. "They essentially set up shelters, the equivalent of a hurricane or Nor'easter. They set that up in a matter of hours and these families received a meal. They were Covid tested and are spending the night in shelters at several churches on the island."

Municipal officials and state officials are in touch about next steps, but Cyr stressed that the focus right now is supporting the migrants who arrived.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2022/09/14/...yard-massachusetts-migrants-planes/index.html
Ok but this is just funny... Martha's Vineyard of all places. A place with PLENTY of money and influence to do whatever it wants with this situation.

I'm not particularly fond of DeSantis as I've gone into before, but this is top notch trolling.

Ok but this is just funny... Martha's Vineyard of all places. A place with PLENTY of money and influence to do whatever it wants with this situation.

I'm not particularly fond of DeSantis as I've gone into before, but this is top notch trolling.

Human trafficking to troll the libs.

Next time there’s a hurricane in TX or FL and the governors want federal aid, Biden should say no. Because trolling people in desperate straits is funny.

Meh. It's only 50 people, I can also appreciate that more than just the border states should share in the costs of illegal migrants. Sure there's probably some funding concerns to be hashed out. Maybe if I was a immigration hardliner, I would be upset that migrants are going to sanctuary areas where it's presumably harder for them to ever be deported, but again just 50 people.

Of course none of that is actually the story. The story is just a political promo. I can't really fault DeSantis here, he knows the playbook you have to run to be successful in his party. You have to appeal to garbage people. You've got to try and hurt the right people.

This one delivers on two:

- Treat the illegals as political pawns at best, and subhuman waste to be dealt with at worst.
- Ownage of the libs as they have to "deal with" the illegals and also that supreme feeling that you see on display in this thread where conservatives think they're really taking the "better than thou - all talk" libs down a notch.

Human trafficking to troll the libs.

Next time there’s a hurricane in TX or FL and the governors want federal aid, Biden should say no. Because trolling people in desperate straits is funny.
You don’t think that they are in a better situation in Martha’s Vineyard than if they were just released into Texas with all of the other thousands of people each day.

Where do you think these people go in Texas?

Reactions: Gimmered

Hmm… I don’t think it’s funny at all. Also not very original. Just more of the pile on, anti-woke, troll the libs nonsense that we’ve become accustomed to from DeSantis.

Should everyone just let your nonsense go unchecked? Please, since you agree with DeSantis, please direct me to Biden's "open border policies" and, further, explain how sanctuary cities and/or states effectuate "open border policies".

Since this is how these assholes — the ones you're prone to nodding along with (ALWAYS based on some horseshit emotional ploy) are framing this immigration crap — please answer the challenges above.

Or, quite simply and easily for your lazybrained ass — just admit that you're a dumb ƒuckwad who can't parse shit from shinola.
@Mike Zierath
Are we allowed to call each other such names as “dumb ****wad”

Hmm… I don’t think it’s funny at all. Also not very original. Just more of the pile on, anti-woke, troll the libs nonsense that we’ve become accustomed to from DeSantis.
Yeah, but in this instance he's not dropping them in the middle of NYC for some liberal mayor to deal with, this is dropping them right in the lap of where Washington lawmakers on both sides, as well as those who are pulling the strings for them vacation, have multi-million dollar homes, and where they go for respite away from us common folk.

These are people who can sit back and watch everyone else figure out how to deal with this problem, and they're also the ruling class most able to do something about it at scale.

Sure this is somewhat a move to own the libs (I'm not sure DeSantis does anything else these days), but this has a way better chance of triggering change. It's hitting elitist Rs too, not just Ds.

Sure it leans left and the Obamas and Clinton's have homes there, which is why it's seen as an "own the libs" move. But objectively, this hits where it has a chance to count

Well, it's sort of like people showing up at the motel 6 hoping for a room, and the motel 6 tells them "Sorry, we'll have to put you up at the Ritz Carlton instead."

That'll show them not to try and cross the border to get to Motel 6

Reactions: St. Louis Hawk
Oh, I know why they're doing it. The Rs want to stick it to the libs. It's the only "problem solving" they have.
They for sure are making others aware of the issue and the resource drain in causes. Open peoples eyes.

If everyone stays in a Texas and Arizona then the northern states won’t care

Yeah, but in this instance he's not dropping them in the middle of NYC for some liberal mayor to deal with, this is dropping them right in the lap of where Washington lawmakers on both sides, as well as those who are pulling the strings for them vacation, have multi-million dollar homes, and where they go for respite away from us common folk.

These are people who can sit back and watch everyone else figure out how to deal with this problem, and they're also the ruling class most able to do something about it at scale.

Sure this is somewhat a move to own the libs (I'm not sure DeSantis does anything else these days), but this has a way better chance of triggering change. It's hitting elitist Rs too, not just Ds.

Sure it leans left and the Obamas and Clinton's have homes there, which is why it's seen as an "own the libs" move. But objectively, this hits where it has a chance to count
Do you honestly believe this will trigger change? Because I sure don't. I believe this will just inflame the already toxic environment in Washington. This is the opposite of being productive, imo.

If enough are sent it will.
No, it won't. Making Dems feel pain over political stunts won't endear them to your ideas. It will only piss them off and motivate them to vote against you. Your stance is counter productive.

No, it won't. Making Dems feel pain over political stunts won't endear them to your ideas. It will only piss them off and motivate them to vote against you. Your stance is counter productive.
It makes it a real issue to these folks. Not an issue if you don’t feel it daily

Helping immigrants is pain? See, your eyes are beginning to open. Now, why is that pain only supposed to be felt by the southern most states?

They consented.
Oh, look, the 10th post of this thread is a guy who doesn't care one bit about the physical and mental wellbeing of innocent people, but in the Iowa Nice thread is hounding other posters by saying they are okay with doxxing, even though they are not supporting innocent folks being harmed.
So laughable, but so on point for Northern.
By the way, the reporting is that the migrant were lied to on top of the imbalance of power when someone is "asked", by the authorities if they'd like to go someplace.

Helping immigrants is pain? See, your eyes are beginning to open. Now, why is that pain only supposed to be felt by the southern most states?
The people defending this stunt are the ones claiming its all about pain. I'm simply dissecting that argument and why it isn't productive.

And Northern states do have to deal with illegal immigration. They have to deal with it with overstayed Visas. That is the major source of illegal immigration. So it puzzles me why all Rs care about is people walking from Mexico? Can you explain to me why Rs never highlight overstayed Visas?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT