ADVERTISEMENT

Now that we have an (acting) AD that seems to have some sense

BetterLuckNextTime

HR All-State
Sep 17, 2017
Do you think she had a little chat with Kirk after this dumpster fire of a shit show on national tv? Barta couldn't have cared less, but this new AD seems like she means business. I can't imagine she would have just let it go completely without at least saying something.

Do you think she had a little chat with Kirk after this dumpster fire of a shit show on national tv? Barta couldn't have cared less, but this new AD seems like she means business. I can't imagine she would have just let it go completely without at least saying something.
On paper Brian reports to her. What would be optimal is if she had a little chat with Brian, and let him know that it is highly likely he is not retained as OC after this season due to the nepotism policy, and the significant distraction and embarrassment his continued poor offensive performance is causing the University on a state and national level.

There’s an elephant in the room, and it’s getting discussed nationally every week. She should just deal with it now.

No, I don't think she did. I'm not sure what she would say if she did have that meeting or what good would come of it. You aren't going to right the ship in one week or even one month. Iowa's issues are systemic and require a complete overhaul.

Paramount Network Beth GIF by Yellowstone

Micro managing would be a horrible way to be an AD.
Thank you. We have the number 1 ranked Field Hockey team, a soccer team that is decent, a VBall team in the rebound, plus ball teams doing fall ball, as well as the usual fundraising responsibilities.

As usual, the football team will get it's review in January.

BF isn’t going anywhere this year but he won’t be here next year. Gare Bare is gone and this massively-failed experiment with BF at OC will finally come to an end.

Gare Bare let KF call the shots - his entire time he was AD. The 25 point addendum was Gare Bare’s terrible attempt to show fans he is taking it seriously re: BF. Instead of firing him - as he should have - he let KF bring him back for yet another dismal year.

As new AD I think BG will start to shake some shit up. Continuity is great - to an extent - but continuity and longevity can also breed complacency. KF’s decision to bring BF back after last year’s historically horrid offense showed he runs the show … in any other P5 setting that would not happen. KF is doing a disservice to the program, players, coaches, fans, and to his own son by bringing him back into this firestorm that is the Iowa offense.

Change will come next season … and I won’t be surprised if we’re shopping for a new coach as I think this may be Kirk’s swan song…

Reactions: MeetTheFerentzes
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT