ADVERTISEMENT

Now you see why Michigan didn’t care if Cade walked

I keep flipping to your games...he's not the same guy that he was before the injury.

More importantly he has nobody to throw to. His WRs in 2021 weren't anything special. We lost our best one (for the season) in the first half of the first game. The three guys we had starting (after the injury) are all still here (not exactly veterans at the time). One is now a DB and one had zero catches today...the one balling right now was a skinny underclassman who needed to get bigger. Your WRs suck...give Cade even something half decent to work with and maybe he won't be terrible.

I really don't think he's any better than a healthy Cade. He's playing behind the best OL in the country at ND and doesn't have an incompetent coordinator. Cade is playing hurt.
Yeah, but I felt more confident that Hartman wouldn't be as much of a reinjury risk................

How did it work for Petras? How is it working for Cade?
Lol wut? You said, “I’m not sure any QB out there could have success at Iowa as long as this debacle with BF continues.”

Stanley finished his career second all time in both yards and TDs at Iowa, starting all three years with BF at OC. I’d says that’s having some success.

Editing to add that I’m not saying this in an attempt to defend BF. More as wtf changed from 2017-2019 to now? We were never Chip Kelly’s Oregon but we could at least move the ball consistently and hit our WRs more than twice a game.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1stplacehawk
Lol wut? You said, “I’m not sure any QB out there could have success at Iowa as long as this debacle with BF continues.”

Stanley finished his career second all time in both yards and TDs at Iowa, starting all three years with BF at OC. I’d says that’s having some success.
He got progressively worse. Couldn’t accurately throw a deep ball consistently. He was okay but far from special.

Editing to add that I’m not saying this in an attempt to defend BF. More as wtf changed from 2017-2019 to now? We were never Chip Kelly’s Oregon but we could at least move the ball consistently and hit our WRs more than twice a game.
Good question as far as what’s happened. I think losing Doyle and Polesek were huge losses.

He got progressively worse. Couldn’t accurately throw a deep ball consistently. He was okay but far from special.
I’m not disagreeing with you there but the point is he found successful in this scheme and system, especially compared to the last 3 years. Enough to get drafted at least.

Yet, not only did Iowa keep an ineffective offensive coordinator, we kept a horrible oline coach to boot. Impressive
I don't disagree with any of this, but the fact that Dejong has started and played extensively for three seasons indicates missing or being wrong on several OL recruits for several years. He (and many other OL) have been turnstiles with very little run blocking ability. I admit, I don't know what the answer is, but it certainly isn't to stay the course with the same coaches. The players have come and gone, yet the results are largely the same.

Cade is a good QB. His injury and this scheme are what's causing him to be mediocre.
Mediocre?

Have you not watched him play or viewed his stats? I know he isnt healthy and the O Line once again is terrible....but he is far worse than "mediocre".

Total hype job. He's not a good QB...and our backups are obviously worse. This is literally no better than having the 1, 2 punch of Petras and Padilla...and that's tough to say.

I don’t know, in most cases Iowa’s QB is going to be a back up at any major top 10 team. Anyone who thought Cade was going to save the offense were probably the same people who wanted to blame everything on Petras. Football is a team sport and on this team, our OL and our WR’s are not very good. No QB out there lights it up taking that many sacks/hits, with no running game and 0 playmaking at WR.

Reactions: Nihilist Rodgers
I keep flipping to your games...he's not the same guy that he was before the injury.

More importantly he has nobody to throw to. His WRs in 2021 weren't anything special. We lost our best one (for the season) in the first half of the first game. The three guys we had starting (after the injury) are all still here (not exactly veterans at the time). One is now a DB and one had zero catches today...the one balling right now was a skinny underclassman who needed to get bigger. Your WRs suck...give Cade even something half decent to work with and maybe he won't be terrible.
Facts

I know you are trolling but the funny thing is Illinois threw 4 picks and they still scored 13 points against PSU. If Iowa threw 4 picks last night they’d have had to somehow make the scoreboard go into negative numbers for the Hawks!
I literally think Cade is awful. I will watch Iowa games to see him get beat to a pulp—and I have nothing against Iowa.

The Illinois game came down to psu getting ready to ice the game when a dumb personal foul extended the game another quarter. Illinois qb is Simply better as well.

I’ll say this—illinois and Iowa D both respectable—but Illinois plays with a lot more swagger and has superior talent.. but they can get sloppy.

PSU qb is Allar is as smooth as it gets, the kid doesn’t get rattled.

• Haha
Reactions: HawkinK.C.1
Those is a bad football team in an extremely weak division.

An 9-3 season will be deceiving.

Running game & defense carried Cade while he was at Michigan.
We could’ve taken JJ McCarthy instead and results wouldn’t have been much different with the archaic offensive scheme and OC. Basically what ever QB you put in really wouldn’t have made a difference.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT