ADVERTISEMENT

Now you see why Michigan didn’t care if Cade walked

I don't disagree with any of this, but the fact that Dejong has started and played extensively for three seasons indicates missing or being wrong on several OL recruits for several years. He (and many other OL) have been turnstiles with very little run blocking ability. I admit, I don't know what the answer is, but it certainly isn't to stay the course with the same coaches. The players have come and gone, yet the results are largely the same.
The issue is the Offensive Coordinator.

He has proven that you can plug different players into the system with the same adverse results.

Any other team at any other level would have fired the OC last year.

The issue is the Offensive Coordinator.

He has proven that you can plug different players into the system with the same adverse results.

Any other team at any other level would have fired the OC last year.
Which is what I said, but added OL recruiting has failed as well.

Healthy Cade is good enough to win most games. Michigan would have loved to have him as a backup this year.

I keep flipping to your games...he's not the same guy that he was before the injury.

More importantly he has nobody to throw to. His WRs in 2021 weren't anything special. We lost our best one (for the season) in the first half of the first game. The three guys we had starting (after the injury) are all still here (not exactly veterans at the time). One is now a DB and one had zero catches today...the one balling right now was a skinny underclassman who needed to get bigger. Your WRs suck...give Cade even something half decent to work with and maybe he won't be terrible.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT