ADVERTISEMENT

*O$U screwed out of # 1 seed...

tOSU was clearly the best team in the country all year. Just more unfounded SEC bias. tOSU is going to steamroll their way through the playoffs
Agree to disagree. I can certainly see anyone that says they think OSU is better, but to say they were clearly better is a no (just IMO).

If they do steamroll everyone we'll know they're the true champ, just like last year when Clemson bent over Bama.

Reactions: ghost80
LSU vs. Oklahoma.
*O$U vs. Clemson.

I guess it pays to play a NC non - major and only and 8 game league schedule. *O$U won every game by double digits , while LSU won 3 games by a single score...

I think the committee got it right.

LSU beat Alabama and destroyed Georgia in the SEC championship game.

Their resume is more impressive than Ohio State's.

What is Alabama’s best win this season? I think people are overrating that win for LSU.

Just imagine how crazy it would be right now if we didn't have the 4-team playoff and we were still operating under the BCS system where the top 2 teams play for the title.

The defending national champion goes undefeated and doesn't get a chance to defend their title? It would be absolute mayhem.
I think the committee got the final 4 correct.

Reactions: ghost80

Agreed, the committee got it right. It's also about expectations. The Buckeyes were expected to roll Whiskey yesterday and that didn't happen. They had to get off the floor and rolled them in the 2nd half.

It really doesn't matter. Beat the 2 teams in front of you and you are champ. If you complain about getting screwed out of #1 spot it only makes you look weak for wanting to play the weakest team of the 4.

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
I think osu and lsu will meet in the champ game no matter who was #1 to start. It's going to be some great football any way it goes!

Reactions: Funky Bunch
Wut. What?

OSU played 0 power 5 schools
LSU played 1.

Really not that hard to understand.
So you didn't read his post, or chose to overlook the fact that fOSU played a much tougher schedule, or are just obtuse. I'll choose the later.

LSU vs. Oklahoma.
*O$U vs. Clemson.

I guess it pays to play a NC non - major and only and 8 game league schedule. *O$U won every game by double digits , while LSU won 3 games by a single score...

If OSU is the best team in the country, shouldn't they be able to win it all playing any other team in a 4 team playoff? The best team will prove it on the field in the playoffs. If OSU wins it all, then they can cry about how they should have been a number 1 seed.

So you didn't read his post, or chose to overlook the fact that fOSU played a much tougher schedule, or are just obtuse. I'll choose the later.

I did read over it and have commented several times about it.

LSU played and beat 4 top 10 teams and played a power 5 team OCC
OSU didn't.

I don't care if you played a 10-2 cincy instead of a 7-5 Sun Belt team. They are all the same in my box. It doesn't matter. Those games are scheduled years in advance and you never know who is going to be good and who isn't. I don't reward a team for getting lucky in its OCC scheduling.

yeah, if you are in this elite 4 type deal, seeding does no longer matter. time to just win or go home

we need at least 8 in there. maybe 16

Alabama was a legitimate Top 5 team until Tua got hurt.
And that's when LSU beat them, without Tua, why they lost to Auburn too. Thank you. Texas - rated # 9 based on their name recognition, second game of the year when LSU beat em by a TD. Five losses later, unrated and not as good as Cincinnati.

*OSU's extra game was against another p-5 team from the Big X, LSU's extra game was non major Northwestern State...

I did read over it and have commented several times about it.

LSU played and beat 4 top 10 teams and played a power 5 team OCC
OSU didn't.

I don't care if you played a 10-2 cincy instead of a 7-5 Sun Belt team. They are all the same in my box. It doesn't matter. Those games are scheduled years in advance and you never know who is going to be good and who isn't. I don't reward a team for getting lucky in its OCC scheduling.

This is one of the stupidest posts I’ve seen on here. You get credit for beating good teams, not simply beating a major conference team. By your logic Oklahoma’s road win over UCLA should be a marquee win for them. I mean they’re a big name school who was good once. They could have been good this year too when OU scheduled them might as well just count that as a big time win.

And that's when LSU beat them, without Tua, why they lost to Auburn too. Thank you. Texas - rated # 9 based on their name recognition, second game of the year when LSU beat em by a TD. Five losses later, unrated and not as good as Cincinnati.

*OSU's extra game was against another p-5 team from the Big X, LSU's extra game was non major Northwestern State...
No. Tua, played the LSU game. Try again.

*OSU NC schedule:
Florida Atlantic 9 - 3 CUSA Champion
Cincinnati 10 - 2 AAC runner-up
Miami of Ohio 8 - 5 Mac Champions
9 game undefeated Big schedule + Champ
Won every game by double digits

LSU NC schedule:
Georgia Southern 7 - 5 Sun Belt
Texas 7 - 5 Big 12
Northwestern State 3 - 9 Non-major
Utah State 7 - 5 Mountain West
8 game undefeated SEC schedule + Champ
Had 3 single score wins

This really makes me think.....how does Tom Herman have a job? 7-6 then 9-3 and now 7-5 at the preeminent school in Texas with an athletic budget that is literally more than FSU, Iowa, and UCF put together. That is pathetic.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
Another way to look at this is that in five years of the four-team playoff system, the #1 seed still hasn't won a single National Championship.

Wow, I didn’t realize the committee sucked that bad.
5 tries, they select the 4 teams, and they failed to identify the best team each time?
Wonder how long they maintain that streak.

Reactions: jamesvanderwulf
Big deal.
If they don’t like it they could schedule a super difficult non conference game to really separate themselves.

Alabama finished the season with a strength of schedule in the 50s for the second straight year. They get a lifetime achievement award every year that no other team gets.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT