ADVERTISEMENT

Obama giving the eulogy of John Lewis

What stood out to me is President Bush mentioned that they had their disagreements and a lot of people forget that John Lewis skipped President Bush’s first inauguration. Politically, they agreed on little, except for what was most important, love of country and democracy. This is what decency and being true Americans looks like. Not flaunting/taunting rivals or opposition on Twitter every day and holding grudges.

Yep only BLM protests, not the protests op wearing masks or Presidential rallies. Why don’t you call those out too?
I'm on record stating that everyone should wear a mask when out in public and they should stay home if they are unable to wear a mask because they think they have some sort of medical condition that prevents them from being able to wear a mask. I'm also on record stating that now is not the time for Trump to be holding rallies.

You would know these things if you paid attention to the words I actually write instead of assigning my viewpoints to me.

LMFAO. Some of you are just completely nuts. There's no other explanation. Willful ignorance would only go so far.
Uh huh, that's gotta be it. People couldn't possibly have an opinion different from yours without being nuts.
How about some great examples of bho leading across party lines and drastically improving things for the majority of Americans in non partisan fashion?

Reactions: SDHN2013
I'm on record stating that everyone should wear a mask when out in public and they should stay home if they are unable to wear a mask because they think they have some sort of medical condition that prevents them from being able to wear a mask. I'm also on record stating that now is not the time for Trump to be holding rallies.

You would know these things if you paid attention to the words I actually write instead of assigning my viewpoints to me.

I did read what you wrote but more importantly wasn’t able to read what you left out of your post which is what was the point of mine.

Uh huh, that's gotta be it. People couldn't possibly have an opinion different from yours without being nuts.
How about some great examples of bho leading across party lines and drastically improving things for the majority of Americans in non partisan fashion?
Sure, once you acknowledge that on the eve of Obama's inauguration the leaders of the GOP met at a DC steakhouse and decided that their plan going forward was to oppose everything Obama did no matter how small and even if they were previously in favor of it.

That's a really low bar to compare to. But unfortunately BHO proved time and again to be a partisan first and foremost which is why big picture he accomplished very little. He'd have likely been a very good president in less partisan divided era.
And who’s fault was it that the circumstances were so partisan?

The GOP and white nationalists who were appalled that a Muslim Nigra was in the White House.

I did read what you wrote but more importantly wasn’t able to read what you left out of your post which is what was the point of mine.
So I’m allowed to mention protests if I also mention Trump rallies in the same post?

Please kindly provide me with a complete list of your posting guidelines so I can try to maintain compliance.

That's a really low bar to compare to. But unfortunately BHO proved time and again to be a partisan first and foremost which is why big picture he accomplished very little. He'd have likely been a very good president in less partisan divided era.
Other than the leading the country out of one of the worst recessions we've ever had. Not to mention making healthcare available to another 20+M people. :rolleyes:

jobs.jpg
_110937643_us-realwages-nc-3.png

Sure, once you acknowledge that on the eve of Obama's inauguration the leaders of the GOP met at a DC steakhouse and decided that their plan going forward was to oppose everything Obama did no matter how small and even if they were previously in favor of it.
Don't disagree. But GREAT leaders overcome this type of opposition and resistance if they're truly interestedin leading the entire nation. He played right into the gop partisan game for 8 years and helped divide us all the further.
I've learned over the years having these discussions with those far left of center is pretty fruitless as they tend to not understand leadership qualities. No offense.

So I’m allowed to mention protests if I also mention Trump rallies in the same post?

Please kindly provide me with a complete list of your posting guidelines so I can try to maintain compliance.

How about just not cherry pick? Can you start there? I will work with you more as I feel needed.

Don't disagree. But GREAT leaders overcome this type of opposition and resistance if they're truly interestedin leading the entire nation. He played right into the gop partisan game for 8 years and helped divide us all the further.
I've learned over the years having these discussions with those far left of center is pretty fruitless as they tend to not understand leadership qualities. No offense.
The entire problem comes from the white nationalists in the GOP who hated Obama because they saw him as a Muslim Nigra (i.e., Trump supporters).

All of the traits that made him an effective leader are on display. Humility to the moment. Strength. Understanding the scope and scale of history. Clarity. Compassion. Humor. Ability to craft meaningful words into a narrative.
very colorful description of a purely political speech

Lol - Republicans hatch a plan to oppose everything Obama tries to do. He still turns the economy around and passes historic healthcare reform but he's the one dividing the nation.

The divisiveness in America was initiated and grown by the Tea Party and resulted in the failed Presidency of Donald Trump. Hopefully enough people have learned that hard lesson and allow the country to heal.

You're crediting Obamas "leadership" for an economic rebound? Come on.

I’d say the Federal Reserve, the FDIC, and Hank Paulson deserve due credit for the economic rebound but I’d absolutely give credit to Obama and his leadership. The American Recovery and Reinvestment act of 2009 played a big role in injecting stimulus into the economy.

Reactions: mstp1992
I’d say the Federal Reserve, the FDIC, and Hank Paulson deserve due credit for the economic rebound but I’d absolutely give credit to Obama and his leadership. The American Recovery and Reinvestment act of 2009 played a big role in injecting stimulus into the economy.
Agreed - Obama relied upon Paulson (R) and Bernanke (R) as central players to help him direct America out of the financial crisis. He didn't put politics before the good of the country.

You, like many others, continue to mistake eloquent, highly skilled oratory skills with leadership. Being able to read a great speech does not make one a great leader. They're just words. Actions define great leaders.
lol. What type of actions?

Ones where you mock people on Twitter like a middle schooler. Or the kind where you mock prisoners of war? Or how about actions where you mock disabled people?

And who’s fault was it that the circumstances were so partisan?

The GOP and white nationalists who were appalled that a Muslim Nigra was in the White House.
I was with you until the white nationalist boogy man comment. The gop certainly didn't make themselves real open to non partisan agreement but gtfo with it being all about race. It was about partisanship and agendas that were miles apart.

I was with you until the white nationalist boogy man comment. The gop certainly didn't make themselves real open to non partisan agreement but gtfo with it being all about race. It was about partisanship and agendas that were miles apart.
Yes - republican partisanship that refused to work with a black President to try to bring him, and his party, down.

I don't know if it's the adage about time healing all wounds, but from a character perspective I've always like the guy George W. Bush. If for whatever reason, I was invited to meet either GWB or Obama while they were President I'd have dropped everything to do so. I'd never want to meet DJT in person. If DJT offered me the Medal of Freedom, I'd decline it.
Weird you would say that about a guy that was often compared to Hitler.

Yes, yes, I can see now. It was Obama’s fault for not convincing the GOP to stop their campaign that they set upon before he even took office. How partisan of him. You seem smart.

W did a good job too. The bar is set so low now he sounded positively eloquent. Until Obama spoke...

At one point today, I was looking at Twitter and trending tags and I saw "Bush" was trending. Basically trending because people were making notes about how Presidential Bush was.

That made me sad. I remember when Reagan died or other various politicians and just thinking how cool it was to see 5-6 ex-Presidents together at a location. Now, it's "wow, look at how bad these guys make our current POTUS look!"

What stood out to me is President Bush mentioned that they had their disagreements and a lot of people forget that John Lewis skipped President Bush’s first inauguration. Politically, they agreed on little, except for what was most important, love of country and democracy. This is what decency and being true Americans looks like. Not flaunting/taunting rivals or opposition on Twitter every day and holding grudges.

I'm pretty sure Lewis skipped both of Bush's inaugurations. Was Bush the last POTUS who was actually able to reach across the ailse and get something accomplished? I'll grant that more than half of Obama's issue in that category was due to McConnell.

So mattski, using THIS logic, you abd I agree that easily the greatest President since FDR had to be Willian Jefferson Clinton, correct?
Glad you and I finally agree upon something.

lol. What type of actions?

Ones where you mock people on Twitter like a middle schooler. Or the kind where you mock prisoners of war? Or how about actions where you mock disabled people?
I don't tweet nor have I done any of the above? Or are you making this about Trump? We were discussing Obama.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT