ADVERTISEMENT

Obama wants mandatory voting

Originally posted by wildcatdad:
Originally posted by Nat Algren:
How so?

I tend to believe it would be better if more people were involved in our political process. Its just the way it is.
It's a corrupt process. A century ago when monarchies were falling, the wealthy thought this current system was the best way to control things and have the masses think they were the deciders. Fact is, every election, the voters are given Hobson's choice. 2 candidates are on the ticket that are beholden to the same paymaster. Look no further than when Joh Kerry ran against George Bush. They were both members of the secret senior society at Yale known as the Skull & Bones. They play both sides of the fence.

Originally posted by strummingram:

How so?
It's irrelevant to him because I don't have some bought-off politician pimping my "idea." He's going to do what those people offer. Yet, he will insist he's "doing something" by eating the sh*t sandwiches and washing it down with the turdy punch that politicians and bought-off government offers.
Did you leave anything out Strum? For a guy who trys to preach independence, you seem to be taking a strong stand on this political issue which is consistent with the Republican Party. Who bought you off?

If the Republican playbook is consistent with Stalinism, the pretty much supports what I believe about the Republican Party.

This post was edited on 3/22 1:32 PM by wildcatdad
That's exactly how partisan-minded people think... like you. I'm not "siding the Republican Party" here. I simply see mandatory voting as a mistake. I don't care if Republicans like it or dislike it. I don't care what Democrats think. Personally, I don't recognize people by such labels, myself included.

You're literally conditioned, to your core, to react and respond in a partisan sense. You only see left vs. right, republican vs. democrat. There's no real difference and that's exactly why mandatory voting won't make a difference. It will only work to instill the illusion of choice rather than the reality of choice. You never explained how mandatory voting will guarantee more choices on ballots. It won't. It will only have TWO! And, those TWO will be the same two that are already owned and operated by big corps and wealth. You'll eliminate even the names of 3rd party options on ballots.

You should look in the mirror Strum. You try to make it seem you are not partisan, but actually you are more passionate about your partisanship than I. And I love Ralph Nader, BTW. And I think Mr. Nader would say, let them vote and let the chips fall where they may. He is a good educator about the two political parties. I am a progressive, that does not necessarily make me a democrat in all things. Plenty of the Liberals on this board disagree with me on a number of things.

This post was edited on 3/22 1:51 PM by wildcatdad

options on ballots.

You should look in the mirror Strum. You try to make it seem you are not partisan, but actually you are more passionate about your partisanship than I. And I love Ralph Nader, BTW. And I think Mr. Nader would say, let them vote and let the chips fall where they may. He is a good educator about the two political parties. I am a progressive, that does not necessarily make me a democrat in all things. Plenty of the Liberals on this board disagree with me on a number of things.

This post was edited on 3/22 1:51 PM by wildcatdad
And, what "party" am I partisan toward??? You're one of the weakest and least comprehensive of all the posters on this board, so I'm going to give you one more shot.

The Republicrats enjoy a political monopoly. Why on earth would they wish to give it up?
They will not give it up. Which is why I am in the opposition party. I lived in a hard core Republican state I have been in the minority my entire life. I understand they uphill battle. I have NEVER been represented in Congress. If I am going to live in a Conservative State I may as well live a nicer environment with warmer weather and places to go.
This post was edited on 3/22 12:08 PM by wildcatdad

How so?

I tend to believe it would be better if more people were involved in our political process. Its just the way it is.
And that statement reveals your problem. I, too, believe the process would be better if more people were involved in it. I think that ideally, every citizen would be involved in it.

Where you err is thinking that casting a totally uninformed vote qualifies as being involved in the process.

Originally posted by Lone Clone:

How so?

And that statement reveals your problem. I, too, believe the process would be better if more people were involved in it. I think that ideally, every citizen would be involved in it.

Where you err is thinking that casting a totally uninformed vote qualifies as being involved in the process.

What makes you think those who are voting now are informed? In Kansas the best way to win office is say, I am a Republican. Now that is a really smart electorate.
laugh.r191677.gif

Ponder these quotes from those who sat at the fulcrum of power:

~[On the goals of the Council of Foreign Relations] Nothing less than to create a world system of financial system in private hands able to dominate the political system and economy of nations as a whole (pg 324).
-1966 from his book Tragedy and Hope-
Carroll Quigley
Professor at Georgetown University
(taught and named as mentor for Bill Clinton in inauguration speech)

The world is governed by very different personages from what is imagined by those who are not behind the scenes
-1844-
The governments of the present day have to deal not merely with other governments, with emperors, kings and ministers, but also with the secret societies which have everywhere their unscrupulous agents, and can at the last moment upset all the governments' plan
-1876-
Benjamin Disraeli
British Prime Minister

It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning.

The one aim of these financiers is world control by the creation of inextinguishable debts.
Henry Ford

The real menace of our republic is this invisible government which like a giant octopus sprawls its slimy length over the city, state and nation. Like the octopus in real life, it operates under the cover of a self created screen. At the head of this octopus are Rockefeller Standard Oil interests and a small group of powerful banking houses generally referred to as international bankers. The little coterie of powerful international bankers virtually run the United States Government for their own selfish purposes. They practically control both political parties.
-1922-
John F. Hylan
Mayor of New York 1918-1925

Fifty men have run America, and that's a high figure.
-1936-

Joseph Kennedy
Brother to John and Robert

For a long time I felt that FDR had developed many thoughts and ideas that were his own to benefit this country, the United States. But he didn't

Most of his thoughts were carefully manufactured for him in advance by a Council of Foreign Relations-One World Money Group. The United Nations is but a long range, international banking apparatus clearly set for financial and economic profit by a small group of powerful One-world revolutionaries, hungry for profit and power.

The One-world government leaders and their ever close bankers have now acquired full control of the money and credit machinery of the U.S. via the creation of the privately own Federal Reserve bank.
-quote from his book
FDR: My Exploited Father-in-Law
Curtis Dall
FDR son-in-law

The real truth of the matter is, as you and I know, that a large financial element in the large centers has owned the government ever since the days of Andrew Jackson.
-1933-
Franklin Delano Roosevelt

We shall have world government whether or not you like it… by conquest or consent.
-1950-
James Warburg
Rothschild Banking Agent

The real rulers of Washington are invisible, and exercise power from behind the scenes.
-1952-
Felix Frankfurter
US Supreme Court Justice

The case for governments by elites is irrefutable.
-1963-
William Fulbright
U.S. Senator

The Trilateral Commission is intended to be the vehicle for multinational consolidation of the commercial and banking interests by seizing control of the political government of the United States…. They will rule the future.
-1964-
Barry Goldwater
US Senator
Under this system, observed Reginald McKenna,
President of the Midlands Bank of England: "Those that create and issue the money
and credit direct the policies of government and hold in their hands the destiny of the
people." Once the government is in debt to the bankers it is at their mercy. A
frightening example was cited by the London Financial Times of September 26, 1921,
which revealed that even at that time: "Half a dozen men at the top of the Big Five
Banks could upset the whole fabric of government finance by refraining from
renewing Treasury Bills."

~[On the goals of the Council of Foreign Relations] Nothing less than to create a world system of financial system in private hands able to dominate the political system and economy of nations as a whole (pg 324).
Carroll Quigley

The world is governed by very different personages from what is imagined by those who are not behind the scenes
-1844-
The governments of the present day have to deal not merely with other governments, with emperors, kings and ministers, but also with the secret societies which have everywhere their unscrupulous agents, and can at the last moment upset all the governments' plan
-1876-
Benjamin Disraeli
British Prime Minister

It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning.

The one aim of these financiers is world control by the creation of inextinguishable debts.
Henry Ford

The real menace of our republic is this invisible government which like a giant octopus sprawls its slimy length over the city, state and nation. Like the octopus in real life, it operates under the cover of a self created screen. At the head of this octopus are Rockefeller Standard Oil interests and a small group of powerful banking houses generally referred to as international bankers. The little coterie of powerful international bankers virtually run the United States Government for their own selfish purposes. They practically control both political parties.
-1922-
John F. Hylan

-1936-

Joseph Kennedy

For a long time I felt that FDR had developed many thoughts and ideas that were his own to benefit this country, the United States. But he didn't

Most of his thoughts were carefully manufactured for him in advance by a Council of Foreign Relations-One World Money Group. The United Nations is but a long range, international banking apparatus clearly set for financial and economic profit by a small group of powerful One-world revolutionaries, hungry for profit and power.

The One-world government leaders and their ever close bankers have now acquired full control of the money and credit machinery of the U.S. via the creation of the privately own Federal Reserve bank.
-quote from his book
Curtis Dall
FDR son-in-law

The real truth of the matter is, as you and I know, that a large financial element in the large centers has owned the government ever since the days of Andrew Jackson.
-1933-

We shall have world government whether or not you like it… by conquest or consent.
-1950-
James Warburg
Rothschild Banking Agent

The real rulers of Washington are invisible, and exercise power from behind the scenes.
-1952-
Felix Frankfurter
US Supreme Court Justice

-1963-
William Fulbright
U.S. Senator

The Trilateral Commission is intended to be the vehicle for multinational consolidation of the commercial and banking interests by seizing control of the political government of the United States…. They will rule the future.
-1964-
Barry Goldwater
US Senator
President of the Midlands Bank of England: "Those that create and issue the money
and credit direct the policies of government and hold in their hands the destiny of the
frightening example was cited by the London Financial Times of September 26, 1921,
which revealed that even at that time: "Half a dozen men at the top of the Big Five

I do not disagree with many of those quotes. I especially like the one in 1936 about fifty men run American and that is a high number.
laugh.r191677.gif

I would say about half a dozen at most. Hell we cannot get a vote on Lorretta Lynch for AG. The say its cause the Repubs have principles. I say its because they do not have principles or balls.
laugh.r191677.gif

Carroll Quigley

-1844-
-1876-
Benjamin Disraeli
British Prime Minister

Henry Ford

-1922-
John F. Hylan

-1936-

Joseph Kennedy

-quote from his book
Curtis Dall
FDR son-in-law

-1933-

-1950-
James Warburg
Rothschild Banking Agent

-1952-
Felix Frankfurter
US Supreme Court Justice

-1963-
William Fulbright
U.S. Senator

-1964-
Barry Goldwater
US Senator
I love when you post these concise lists. I love it because it reveals true agenda and factual statements. It also rarely gets any discussion or rebuttal because it blows a giant hole in the left vs. right argument boat. If it's not a partisan pissing match then they have no interest.

Nice list and very revealing. It kinda sucks when you realize you've been taken and those who came before you got taken! Then these saps are convinced that by playing their rigged game that they can somehow beat them.

Carroll Quigley

-1844-
-1876-
Benjamin Disraeli
British Prime Minister

Henry Ford

-1922-
John F. Hylan

-1936-

Joseph Kennedy

-quote from his book
Curtis Dall
FDR son-in-law

-1933-

-1950-
James Warburg
Rothschild Banking Agent

-1952-
Felix Frankfurter
US Supreme Court Justice

-1963-
William Fulbright
U.S. Senator

-1964-
Barry Goldwater
US Senator
I love when you post these concise lists. I love it because it reveals true agenda and factual statements. It also rarely gets any discussion or rebuttal because it blows a giant hole in the left vs. right argument boat. If it's not a partisan pissing match then they have no interest.

Nice list and very revealing. It kinda sucks when you realize you've been taken and those who came before you got taken! Then these saps are convinced that by playing their rigged game that they can somehow beat them.

You might want to read a little Ralph Nader. But ofcourse you will not because he is probably not far enough right for you. But I encourage you to take a look anyway.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ralph-nader/

This post was edited on 3/22 2:34 PM by wildcatdad

There is one cartoon I saw that summed up the election ruse. It showed a cow standing in front of a line heading for the slaughter house. The cow had 2 choices to get there. One lane was marked 'right' and the other 'left'.

After reading those quotes and then listening to CIA Director Wm Colby testifying before the Church Committee and admitting that the CIA had over 400 well placed agents guiding what was going to be seen and read by the American public, how can anyone not see that a free press is a farce.

Check out this video.

video link

Carroll Quigley

-1844-
-1876-
Benjamin Disraeli
British Prime Minister

Henry Ford

-1922-
John F. Hylan

-1936-

Joseph Kennedy

-quote from his book
Curtis Dall
FDR son-in-law

-1933-

-1950-
James Warburg
Rothschild Banking Agent

-1952-
Felix Frankfurter
US Supreme Court Justice

-1963-
William Fulbright
U.S. Senator

-1964-
Barry Goldwater
US Senator

You might want to read a little Ralph Nader. But ofcourse you will not because he is probably not far enough right for you. But I encourage you to take a look anyway.

Yeah, I'm so far right that I voted for Nader twice. I'm done with you.

I didn't read all the posts in this thread, so sorry if it was already mentioned.

Stupid, lazy people have the right to not vote just as much as they have the right to vote.

They also have the right to bitch about the government after they don't vote.

The scary part is, that's a lot of people.

Carroll Quigley

-1844-
-1876-
Benjamin Disraeli
British Prime Minister

Henry Ford

-1922-
John F. Hylan

-1936-

Joseph Kennedy

-quote from his book
Curtis Dall
FDR son-in-law

-1933-

-1950-
James Warburg
Rothschild Banking Agent

-1952-
Felix Frankfurter
US Supreme Court Justice

-1963-
William Fulbright
U.S. Senator

-1964-
Barry Goldwater
US Senator

Yeah, I'm so far right that I voted for Nader twice. I'm done with you.

I appreciate your protest vote. But you really need to read Nader.

This post was edited on 3/22 8:51 PM by wildcatdad

It's a stupid idea by a stupid president. Choosing indifference is a freedom.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT