ADVERTISEMENT

Odd thing in North Liberty.

lucas80

HR King
Gold Member
Jan 30, 2008
Monday as I was visiting my brother I came back to IC via 380. Getting onto 380 southbound in the strip between the get on ramp and 380 I saw an eagle perched on top of what looked like a beavers lodge. There appear to be two lodges there.
Two times since Monday I've driven past and seen a duck sitting on top of one of them.
Odd spot for a beaver lodge. That spot does catch water, but it's a very busy spot. They certainly don't seem like random piles of brush, but driving past at interstate speed it's hard to tell.
Anyone else noticed this? I imagine the eagle was biding its time for the builder to venture out and have it for dinner.

Monday as I was visiting my brother I came back to IC via 380. Getting onto 380 southbound in the strip between the get on ramp and 380 I saw an eagle perched on top of what looked like a beavers lodge. There appear to be two lodges there.
Two times since Monday I've driven past and seen a duck sitting on top of one of them.
Odd spot for a beaver lodge. That spot does catch water, but it's a very busy spot. They certainly don't seem like random piles of brush, but driving past at interstate speed it's hard to tell.
Anyone else noticed this? I imagine the eagle was biding its time for the builder to venture out and have it for dinner.
Was there a ring sitting on the beaver's lodge?

Reactions: Chuck C
I've seen Eagles go to the Moose Lodge and the Elks Lodge, but usually for things like oyster stew suppers.

Muskrat lodge?

c70ac965aaf1a5483bfaf162b7936afe.gif

I thought this thread was going to be about the 100 Mexican restaurants and 150 banks in North Liberty.

There's more than the Cancun and Caza Azul? Didn't care for either of those two. Are the others any good? Worth the drive from outer North Liberty anyway. My address is NL but I rarely go into NL.

Great opening for a joke.

The beavers lodge has been there for a good ten years. As like you, each time I drive by I think what a strange place for wild life.

There's more than the Cancun and Caza Azul? Didn't care for either of those two. Are the others any good? Worth the drive from outer North Liberty anyway. My address is NL but I rarely go into NL.

El Taquito is the place to go for Mexican in North Liberty, though many their best dishes are on the Honduran portion of the menu.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT