ADVERTISEMENT

Off the record: Trump White House logged no phone calls for seven hours on Jan. 6, 2021, during insurrection

Morrison71

HR Legend
Nov 10, 2006
Internal White House records from the day of the attack on the U.S. Capitol that were turned over to the House select committee show a gap in President Donald Trump's phone logs of seven hours and 37 minutes, including the period when the building was being violently assaulted, according to documents obtained by The Washington Post and CBS News.

The lack of an official White House notation of any calls placed to or by Trump for 457 minutes on Jan. 6, 2021 – from 11:17 a.m. to 6:54 p.m. – means the committee has no record of his phone conversations as his supporters descended on the Capitol, battled overwhelmed police and forcibly entered the building, prompting lawmakers and Vice President Mike Pence to flee for safety.
Click to shrink...
The records show that Trump was active on the phone for part of the day, documenting conversations that he had with at least eight people in the morning and 11 people that evening. The seven-hour gap also stands in stark contrast to the extensive public reporting about phone conversations he had with allies during the attack, such as a call Trump made to Sen. Mike Lee (R-Utah) — seeking to talk to Sen. Tommy Tuberville (R-Ala.) — and a phone conversation he had with House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.).

The House panel is now investigating whether Trump communicated that day through backchannels, phones of aides or personal disposable phones, known as "burner phones," according to two people with knowledge of the probe, who, like others interviewed for this report, spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive information. The committee is also scrutinizing whether it received the full logs from that day.
Click to shrink...
And of course they think we are that stupid:
In a statement Monday night, Trump said, "I have no idea what a burner phone is, to the best of my knowledge I have never even heard the term."

A Trump spokeswoman said that Trump had nothing to do with the records and had assumed any and all of his phone calls were recorded and preserved.

Please let there be a way to retrieve the missing information.
200.gif

Guys, this is the evidence we need to turn the tide. I really think we have enough circumstantial evidence to bring them all to justice. I think a televised tribunal would be excellent. These treasonous, vile scum will rot away for life.

Reactions: fsu1jreed
Now we know why there has been such a furious fight over phone records. It’s a cover up.
In the end a lot of this will come out. Remember that Trump famously used the personal phone of a Secret Service agent. Not everyone is trying to hide what happened. Both the caller and Don have to agree to hide the truth. Not everyone will lie when questioned. Jared Kushner goes before the committee soon. Is he willing to follow his dad and go to prison? Nah, but I’ll bet this genius businessman and ME peace savant will suffer a lot of memory problems and be unable to remember if Don caked him on Scavino’s phone.

How is this political committee going to put people in Prison?

Take the 5th

You do realize this is all for show, to make one side look bad.

Tourists engaged in legitimate political discourse, amirite?

Cons don’t need any help looking bad on this issue - it was bad.

Take the 5th - get a free referral to the DOJ. Fine.

The mere assertion of the Fifth Amendment privilege does not automatically insulate a party from the usual duty to comply with discovery. The Supreme Court in Hoffman v. the United States, 341 U.S. 479 (1951), dictated that a witness can properly invoke the Fifth Amendment protection when he or she has reasonable cause to apprehend danger of self-incrimination from a direct answer. However, the Court in Hoffman recognized the long-standing principle that the Fifth Amendment privilege not only extends to answers that would themselves support a conviction but also embraces answers that furnish a link in the chain of guilt that alone may not indicate any crime. Therefore, a party who reasonably apprehends a risk of self-incrimination may claim the privilege even though no criminal charges are pending against him or where the risk of prosecution is remote. IO-Dix Building Corp. v. McDaniel, 134ll1.App.3d 664,480N.E.2d 1212 (lst Dist. 1985).

The point is this all ends in November unless Democrats pull off a miracle.
Then the investigation of Adam Schiff and the Democrats start for their fake collusion evidence.

The mere assertion of the Fifth Amendment privilege does not automatically insulate a party from the usual duty to comply with discovery. The Supreme Court in Hoffman v. the United States, 341 U.S. 479 (1951), dictated that a witness can properly invoke the Fifth Amendment protection when he or she has reasonable cause to apprehend danger of self-incrimination from a direct answer. However, the Court in Hoffman recognized the long-standing principle that the Fifth Amendment privilege not only extends to answers that would themselves support a conviction but also embraces answers that furnish a link in the chain of guilt that alone may not indicate any crime. Therefore, a party who reasonably apprehends a risk of self-incrimination may claim the privilege even though no criminal charges are pending against him or where the risk of prosecution is remote. IO-Dix Building Corp. v. McDaniel, 134ll1.App.3d 664,480N.E.2d 1212 (lst Dist. 1985).

The point is this all ends in November unless Democrats pull off a miracle.
Then the investigation of Adam Schiff and the Democrats start for their fake collusion evidence.
No it doesn't end. The Republican corruption of our government will continue until we are no longer a Democratic Republic. Does your common sense tell you that 1/6 and things like Ginny Thomas, amongst shit tons of other reporting that this was no big deal? Not a coup? Is this what logic tells you?

You do realize this is all for show, to make one side look bad.
And I’m sure you nutted a thousand times over Benghazi and emails.

Why don’t you spare everyone the hackneyed drivel, and if you feel inclined to contribute to future threads, just type: “I’m a feckless dumb f#ck Trump chump, and one load my stupid whore of a mother should have swallowed”?

That would be more efficacious in helping the board to better understand where you’re coming from. 😊

Lame, but predictable coming from you.

It’s almost as if deep down you really do want Donnie’s lavender ejaculations coating the back of your throat. 🤔
EL OH EL.

It's almost as if deep down you are an emotionally unstable butt**** who plays both sides of the fence because it's easier to play a centrist who doesn't stand for anything than it is to admit your hopelessly lost and incredibly insecure.

Jizz doh my bruh!

Last edited:
Now we know why there has been such a furious fight over phone records. It’s a cover up.
In the end a lot of this will come out. Remember that Trump famously used the personal phone of a Secret Service agent. Not everyone is trying to hide what happened. Both the caller and Don have to agree to hide the truth. Not everyone will lie when questioned. Jared Kushner goes before the committee soon. Is he willing to follow his dad and go to prison? Nah, but I’ll bet this genius businessman and ME peace savant will suffer a lot of memory problems and be unable to remember if Don caked him on Scavino’s phone.
Fixated

No it doesn't end. The Republican corruption of our government will continue until we are no longer a Democratic Republic. Does your common sense tell you that 1/6 and things like Ginny Thomas, amongst shit tons of other reporting that this was no big deal? Not a coup? Is this what logic tells you?
Thinks the moon landing was fake

You don’t find it at all odd that for several hours there are no official call logs from the WH?
I don’t care. He’s gone. Locking up a former president seems like a bad idea. Dick didn’t go to jail either.

EL OH EL.

It's almost as if deep down you are an emotionally unstable butt**** who plays both sides of the fence because it's easier to play a centrist who doesn't stand for anything than it is to admit your hopelessly lost and incredibly insecure.

Jizz doh my bruh!
🙄

Did you not see my response to Chis’s thread last night? Lol. And here I thought your retort would be funny and witty.

And I stand on the side of sardonic discourse and common sense. And whatever’s good for the now lost cause of America. 😁

Riling up “both sides” is what I do. Ask our friend @BelemNole. He’s good when I hit the desecrations, but goes full WDDT when I talk about his team. 🤔

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT