ADVERTISEMENT

Off the record: Trump White House logged no phone calls for seven hours on Jan. 6, 2021, during insurrection

I don’t care. He’s gone. Locking up a former president seems like a bad idea. Dick didn’t go to jail either.

He is not gone. If he were we wouldn’t need to talk about him. But he is the leader of the GOP, the presumptive 2024 presidential nominee, with an army of wild eyed supporters at the local, state, and national level willing to overturn our democracy at his bidding.

You see, the not naive among us realize that our democracy only works because for all of our history all Americans agreed to it. There are no checks and balances to prevent a would be dictator from simply ignoring the constitution or our election results so long as he has others willing to let him do it. We understand Trump is an existential threat to our nation, and that his supporters - along with those who try to pretend he is not a threat - are enabling that threat.

On January 6, the only thing that prevented a constitutional crisis was, of all things, the good sense of Mike Pence. Had he gone along with Trump and his mouth breathing supporters, it is anybody’s guess how things would have played out. But it would have been ugly.

So GFY with your attitude. You are a big part of the problem.

Last edited:
🙄

Did you not see my response to Chis’s thread last night? Lol. And here I thought your retort would be funny and witty.

And I stand on the side of sardonic discourse and common sense. And whatever’s good for the now lost cause of America. 😁

Riling up “both sides” is what I do. Ask our friend @BelemNole. He’s good when I hit the desecrations, but goes full WDDT when I talk about his team. 🤔
No dude. I am at a conference in Houston and spending my time networking. I got on here to read about Keegan and responded to what I was tagged in. Right now I'm taking my morning shit and reading the "transfer portal hitting the hawkeyes" write up. Seems like this board is getting the better of your time and energy.

Insert dumb smiley

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
No dude. I am at a conference in Houston and spending my time networking. I got on here to read about Keegan and responded to what I was tagged in. Right now I'm taking my morning shit and reading the "transfer portal hitting the hawkeyes" write up. Seems like this board is getting the better of your time and energy.

Insert dumb smiley
Yeah, who are the other defections besides Joe T?

Thinks the moon landing was fake
Nope. But you...

head-in-the-sand.gif

I have a buddy from Houston who brought kolaches to Des Moines. I would crush a sausage and egg kolache right now.

Yeah, they are the usual Sunday morning breakfast. Good stuff. i'm more of a breakfast taco fan. I'm not too familiar with the offerings in The Woodlands. I know my man Ronnie Killen opened up a second bbq joint up there and the one in Pearland is legit.

He also has a steak house up there

Yeah, they are the usual Sunday morning breakfast. Good stuff. i'm more of a breakfast taco fan. I'm not too familiar with the offerings in The Woodlands. I know my man Ronnie Killen opened up a second bbq joint up there and the one in Pearland is legit.

He also has a steak house up there
We did papaxxxx(?) For Mexican Monday night, it was good.

Papasitos I think.

He is not gone. If he were we wouldn’t need to talk about him. But he is the leader of the GOP, the presumptive 2024 presidential nominee, with an army of wild eyed supporters at the local, state, and national level willing to overturn our democracy at his bidding.

You see, the not naive among us realize that our democracy only works because for all of our history all Americans agreed to it. There are no checks and balances to prevent a would be dictator from simply ignoring the constitution or our election results so long as he has others willing to let him do it. We understand Trump is an existential threat to our nation, and that his supporters - along with those who try to pretend he is not a threat - are enabling that threat.

On January 6, the only thing that prevented a constitutional crisis was, of all things, the good sense of Mike Pence. Had he gone along with Trump and his mouth breathing supporters, it is anybody’s guess how things would have played out. But it would have been ugly.

So GFY with your attitude. You are a big part of the problem.
Our democracy works because people, for the most part, play the rules. 1/6 was a trial run for people who don't want to play by the rules. Next time someone that isn't incompetent will run the coup. Someone like Ted Cruz or Josh Hawley who knows enough about the law, and knows which levers they can pull legally will run the coup. Then we will really be in trouble.

How is this political committee going to put people in Prison?

Take the 5th

You do realize this is all for show, to make one side look bad.

Eyewitnesses. Just takes a couple to say there were calls and the logs were doctored. And there will be those witnesses. DoJ involved.

Like the shit hole sewer that WH was, the rats will jump the sinking ship.

Last edited:
The mere assertion of the Fifth Amendment privilege does not automatically insulate a party from the usual duty to comply with discovery. The Supreme Court in Hoffman v. the United States, 341 U.S. 479 (1951), dictated that a witness can properly invoke the Fifth Amendment protection when he or she has reasonable cause to apprehend danger of self-incrimination from a direct answer. However, the Court in Hoffman recognized the long-standing principle that the Fifth Amendment privilege not only extends to answers that would themselves support a conviction but also embraces answers that furnish a link in the chain of guilt that alone may not indicate any crime. Therefore, a party who reasonably apprehends a risk of self-incrimination may claim the privilege even though no criminal charges are pending against him or where the risk of prosecution is remote. IO-Dix Building Corp. v. McDaniel, 134ll1.App.3d 664,480N.E.2d 1212 (lst Dist. 1985).

The point is this all ends in November unless Democrats pull off a miracle.
Then the investigation of Adam Schiff and the Democrats start for their fake collusion evidence.

Donald Trumps 2016 campaign did collude with Russia. Paul Manafort gave his Kremlin contact polling data to aid their strategy of misinformation efforts on facebook with targeted ads.

How do you not know this? Denial? Delusion?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT