Total offense: 133/133
Passing offense: 131/133
Rushing offense: 108/133
Total first downs: 133/133
Scoring offense: 118/133
Punting avg yards/game: 1/133
Long plays from scrimmage: 132/133
Time of possession: 125/133

There are many of those stats that are pretty awful but the worst one for KFs strategy is ToP. He's ALWAYS been about ball control. The defense is on the field all game long. It's so hard to win that way.

What is amazing to me is that next year we will likely have three 3 yr starters and one 4 year starter that upon graduating will not be drafted. How is that possible not only at Iowa, but also at a power 5 school?

Were are you getting this info as the offical ncaa website list only 130 teams not that it matters as Iowa is last no matter the amount of teams

Iowa is only one of three teams to have under 2,000 yards of total offense. The other two teams have only played seven games to Iowa’s eight. And they still have more yards than Iowa. Literally two of the worst offenses ( Sam Houston State and Eastern Carolina) in college football have played one less game than iowa and are still out gaining Iowa for the season. That is insane.

I have a simple question for everybody, why won't KF make any sort of change to the offense when it is painfully obvious that what they are doing isn't working? Stubbornness? Ego? Doesn't want to hurt Brian's feelings? Lack of talent? That's Football?
Help me understand.

I have a simple question for everybody, why won't KF make any sort of change to the offense when it is painfully obvious that what they are doing isn't working? Stubbornness? Ego? Doesn't want to hurt Brian's feelings? Lack of talent? That's Football?
Help me understand.
What's the upside?

There are many of those stats that are pretty awful but the worst one for KFs strategy is ToP. He's ALWAYS been about ball control. The defense is on the field all game long. It's so hard to win that way.

Help me understand.

He either just doesn't care or is clueless about what to do about it, so just keeps doing the same thing. Those are the only two plausible explanations. I'm not sure which one is worse.

3rd down conversion 131/133

this is my go-to stat. this is how you keep drives alive and get in position to score. 3 and out is a killer. Iowa is really really good at three and outs. excellent indeed. you just know when it's third down, iowa shall find a way to not get it done somehow.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT