ADVERTISEMENT

****Official FSU getting smashed by UGA thread****

alaskanseminole

HR Legend
Oct 20, 2002
Might as well get this thread going so we can post all the hilarity before, during and after.
As of Tuesday evening, Florida State is expected to be without players responsible for...

As of Tuesday evening, Florida State is expected to be without players responsible for...

Offense

95.6% of their completed passes on the year (239-of-250 completions)

93.6% of their attempted passes on the year (380-of-406 attempts)

96.8% of their passing yards (3,265 of 3,372 passing yards)

100% of their passing touchdowns (25 of 25 passing touchdowns)

100% of their interceptions thrown (2 of 2 interceptions)

85.4% of their rushing attempts (373 of 437 rushing attempts)

90.4% of their rushing yards (1,843 of 2039 rushing yards)

90.6% of their rushing touchdowns (29 of 32 rushing touchdowns)

76.4% of their receptions (191 of 250 receptions)

72.5% of their receiving yards (2,445 of 3,372 receiving yards)

76.0% of their receiving touchdowns (19 of 25 receiving touchdowns)

77.5% of their all-purpose yards (4,736 of 6,114 all-purpose yards)

94.4% of their total offense (5,108 of 5,411 total offensive yards)

Defense

28.8% of their total tackles (240 of 835 tackles)

28.5% of their tackles for loss (32.5 of 96 tackles for loss)

31.1% of their sacks (14 of 45 sacks)

32.6% of quarterback hurries (15 of 46 quarterback hurries)

30.7% of forced fumbles (4 of 13 forced fumbles)

28.6% of their fumble recoveries (2 of 7 fumble recoveries)

66.6% of their fumble returns (2 of 3 fumble returns)

0% of their fumble returns for touchdown (0 of 1 fumble returns for touchdowns)

50% of their interceptions responsible for (5 of 10 interceptions)

100% of their interceptions returns for touchdowns (1 of 1 interception returns for touchdowns)

Special Teams

0% of their field goal kicks made (0 of 18 field goals made)

0% of their extra-points made (0 of 58 extra points made)

100% of blocked kicks (2 of 2 blocked kicks)

0% of their punting yards (0 of 2,758 of punting yards)

0% of kickoff yards (0 of 5,622 kickoff yards)

96.3% of their punt returns (26 of 27 punt returns)

100% of their punt return yards (300 of 298 total)

38.5% of their kick returns (5 of 13 kick returns)

32.3% of their kick return yards (116 of 352 kick return yards)

0% of their kick return touchdowns (0 of 1 kick return touchdowns)

Team Total

80.3% of their total touchdowns scored on the season (49 of 61 total touchdowns)

--------------------
Notable absences for UGA as they arrive for the Orange Bowl

Opt Outs and Transfers result in a vastly different FSU depth chart for the Orange Bowl

soyouretellingmetheresachance-7.gif

I understand the disappointment of getting absolutely screwed out of the playoff. But a date with the defending champs in the freaking Orange Bowl should still be a big deal. Didn't read the article for Jawja, are they bringing mostly the B team too? Maybe they need to pay the players who show up for the bigger bowl games out of the prize money awarded to the schools/conferences. Nice little Christmas bonus plus some insurance policies for guys who are expected to go high in the draft. This sucks and keeps getting worse as a football fan and former bowl season junkie.

The link doesn’t show our kicker leaving. Did Fitzgerald opt out of the Orange Bowl? Punter too?
You're reading it backwards. We're losing 0% because Fitz is still playing. Conversely, we're losing 95.6% of our pass completion productions (239-of-250 completions) because Benson, Toafili, Bell, Coleman, Wilson and Hill are out.

Sweet! We needed to cut down on our interceptions thrown.

I understand the disappointment of getting absolutely screwed out of the playoff. But a date with the defending champs in the freaking Orange Bowl should still be a big deal.
Not a big enough deal to risk an injury and jeopardize draft status. The hyperfocus on the CFP has rendered bowl games meaningless. I bet they will eventually go away or shrink significantly.

I understand the disappointment of getting absolutely screwed out of the playoff. But a date with the defending champs in the freaking Orange Bowl should still be a big deal. Didn't read the article for Jawja, are they bringing mostly the B team too? Maybe they need to pay the players who show up for the bigger bowl games. This sucks and keeps getting worse as a football fan and former bowl season junkie.
They have about the same over-all numbers, but the opposite reason; transfers (19) vs opt outs (3). Simply put, our starters are out vs their 2nd and 3rd stringers who are transferring. We're putting up a bunch of almost never played freshman and sophomores against the 2x defending champions (starters) who'd likely beat any of the current top 4 teams.

For example, our #1, #2, #3, & #5 running backs are all out as well as THREE of our QBs. We'll have one scholarship QB and two walk-ons. It's insane. You think our offense was bad vs UL. You just wait.

If Green & Jones hadn't opted out yesterday, our defense might have been ok - still would've had 3 of the 4 starting line, both LBs, and most of the secondary. But without them, 3 of the 4 starting DBs are out.

Offensively, Holy Shit. 3rd string QB (a true freshman), backed up by two walk-on freshman. 4th String RB, backed up by 6th string RB and two guys who were WRs until last week. 2nd & 4th string TEs (fortunately, one of the TEs in the portal has apparently decided to play). Missing top two WRs. Good news - about all of the OL is intact. Bad News - the OL is the weakest unit on the team. Special teams should be ok - our kicker is playing, so whichever half we kick off will probably be a touchback. That's probably the only time he'll step on the field. And our punter is playing - he's gonna get so much action he'll think he got traded to Iowa. ;)

Gonna start drinking MadDog with breakfast & hope I'm passed out by the time the bleeding starts.

If Green & Jones hadn't opted out yesterday, our defense might have been ok - still would've had 3 of the 4 starting line, both LBs, and most of the secondary. But without them, 3 of the 4 starting DBs are out.

Offensively, Holy Shit. 3rd string QB (a true freshman), backed up by two walk-on freshman. 4th String RB, backed up by 6th string RB and two guys who were WRs until last week. 2nd & 4th string TEs (fortunately, one of the TEs in the portal has apparently decided to play). Missing top two WRs. Good news - about all of the OL is intact. Bad News - the OL is the weakest unit on the team. Special teams should be ok - our kicker is playing, so whichever half we kick off will probably be a touchback. That's probably the only time he'll step on the field. And our punter is playing - he's gonna get so much action he'll think he got traded to Iowa. ;)

Gonna start drinking MadDog with breakfast & hope I'm passed out by the time the bleeding starts.
Thinking this is the time to pull out the aged jar of ‘shine. It will cure what ails you.
This game will show us just how resourceful Norvell and crew can be in game planning/calling. There might be some fun moments.

I've been thinking this for a week or so, and I had to go find my tin foil hat:

1. The SEC has told Smart they demand this game be a rout; the powers that be want to embarrass FSU as much as possible.
2. In exchange, a lot of players are being paid NOT to opt out.

As you can tell, the paranoids are out to get me.

I've been thinking this for a week or so, and I had to go find my tin foil hat:

1. The SEC has told Smart they demand this game be a rout; the powers that be want to embarrass FSU as much as possible.
2. In exchange, a lot of players are being paid NOT to opt out.

As you can tell, the paranoids are out to get me.
I think you're being paranoid. Of course, I also thought it was paranoid to suggest that an undefeated FSU team would get left out of the CFP.

I understand the disappointment of getting absolutely screwed out of the playoff. But a date with the defending champs in the freaking Orange Bowl should still be a big deal. Didn't read the article for Jawja, are they bringing mostly the B team too? Maybe they need to pay the players who show up for the bigger bowl games out of the prize money awarded to the schools/conferences. Nice little Christmas bonus plus some insurance policies for guys who are expected to go high in the draft. This sucks and keeps getting worse as a football fan and former bowl season junkie.
Guess we found out the answer to the "what happens when a team is left out of the playoffs."

Overall though, not a lot of players are opting out unless they're in the portal. I think last year of the 88 teams in bowls, 55 didn't have any players opt out, and 33 had at least 1 opt out. Of the 12 NY6 games, only 4 had an opt out.

FSU right now is an anomaly and it's clearly bc they got f*cked over by the committee.

It’s almost comical now.

I don’t blame Tate for hitting the portal but seems like he could have let the coaches know before he took the first team reps. It was apparent FSU was looking for a QB weeks ago. Crappy way to leave at the last minute.
For sure. After seeing everyone else leave/opt out and hear the staff is looking for your replacement, its easy to think "Why put my body on the line against Georgia when they are replacing me anyway"

It may be a simple way of looking at it, but FSU has a bunch of guys looking NOT to play, Georgia has the opposite. Several players who were on the fence have decided TO play.

This might be…bad.

Reactions: millah_22
Guess we found out the answer to the "what happens when a team is left out of the playoffs”.

Well said, @millah_22 .
That is something many have likely been thinking, but did not put into words. It is impossible for us to know how this impacted the kids individually, but as a group it had to be devastating. With the tight deadlines for transfer/portal, draft workouts/protection from injury, frustration, etc… it is easy to see why players are opting out. Then, of course, there are injuries such as my personal favorite Toafili.
This game will be the “what could have been bowl”.

Reactions: millah_22
Seriously.

If your boss asked you to work for free, would you?
If your wife asked you to have sex with no climax, would you?

200.gif
Work for free? Not since I was a stupid teenage sucker being influenced by a lot of people with hyper American Protestant beliefs and values and I thought hard work would get me noticed and people would shove each other out of the way to give me bigger and better opportunities. Now I won't even do little things just for gratitude. Show me the money.

Now I'm not married but I'll take the sex no matter who's not finishing. If it's her, well, been there before.

Reactions: joelbc1
Work for free? Not since I was a stupid teenage sucker being influenced by a lot of people with hyper American Protestant beliefs and values and I thought hard work would get me noticed and people would shove each other out of the way to give me bigger and better opportunities. Now I won't even do little things just for gratitude. Show me the money.

Now I'm not married but I'll take the sex no matter who's not finishing. If it's her, well, been there before.
Congrats on the sex

Reactions: ConvenientParking

That is a very cynical view of things.

Also happens to be 100% accurate.

Reactions: seminoleed
I hate it for the kids who will play, but the game is tarnished and likely will be a shell of what it could have been.

Reactions: BelemNole
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT