ADVERTISEMENT

****Official FSU getting smashed by UGA thread****

On so many levels.
I’ve witnessed that so-called wealth disappear and those kids fall back into what they thought they were escaping to begin with.
You do know the average “career” is four years, right? That’s why the NFLPA got pension eligibility rolled back to three years.
About 60% of these young guys are bankrupt within 5 years of being out of the League.
And they left without a degree, so the job market to replace part of that “wealth” is limited. They can’t even get hired as a middle school PE teacher.
They truly don’t get that a bonus in some states is going to eat up a lot of that money, then their super duper agent bro gets another 10% then they buy their Mom a house and they got baby mamas. I have personally witnessed sheriff’s deputies have to forcibly evict a baby mama and infant from a bank foreclosure after the ex player had already left and moved back to his Mom’s double wide in another state. Very sad situation.
So different than it was back in the 70’s when more guys graduated and were older. And a lot more were from nuclear families.
Can you tell now that I have an NFL background? 😉

On so many levels.
I’ve witnessed that so-called wealth disappear and those kids fall back into what they thought they were escaping to begin with.
You do know the average “career” is four years, right? That’s why the NFLPA got pension eligibility rolled back to three years.
About 60% of these young guys are bankrupt within 5 years of being out of the League.
And they left without a degree, so the job market to replace part of that “wealth” is limited. They can’t even get hired as a middle school PE teacher.
They truly don’t get that a bonus in some states is going to eat up a lot of that money, then their super duper agent bro gets another 10% then they buy their Mom a house and they got baby mamas. I have personally witnessed sheriff’s deputies have to forcibly evict a baby mama and infant from a bank foreclosure after the ex player had already left and moved back to his Mom’s double wide in another state. Very sad situation.
So different than it was back in the 70’s when more guys graduated and were older. And a lot more were from nuclear families.
Can you tell now that I have an NFL background? 😉

Goldie,

Not to be a pest but since it's Sunday and all, if you want to build real wealth, here it is. :)

"Each passing moment is a great opportunity for us, one of potentially eternal significance. From moment to moment, we have the ability to make deposits into our heavenly futures. Jesus urges as much, “lay up to yourselves treasures in heaven.” (Mt. 6:20) Many people work in the world to build up as much wealth as possible. We check endlessly the size and growth of our bank accounts and 401Ks. If this worldly wealth is here today and gone tomorrow, should we not work even more diligently for the wealth that endures forever? If we want to be greedy in this life, we should at least be greedy for the eternal things that matter most."

"People need to see what happened tonight and they need to fix this. It needs to be fixed. It's very unfortunate that they, who have a good football team and a good football program, are in the position they're in. And everybody can say it's their own fault, it's their own problem. Everybody can say that we had our guys and they didn't have their guys. I can listen to all that. But college football has got to decide what they want.

I know things are changing. Things are going to change next year. You know what, there's gonna still be bowl games outside of those. People got to decide what they want and what they really want to get out of it, cause it's really unfortunate for those kids on that sideline that had to play in that game and didn't have their full arsenal. It affected the game, 100%."

- Georgia Bulldogs Head Coach Kirby Smart

416095659_795736869217672_7674126367235937790_n.jpg

"People need to see what happened tonight and they need to fix this. It needs to be fixed. It's very unfortunate that they, who have a good football team and a good football program, are in the position they're in. And everybody can say it's their own fault, it's their own problem. Everybody can say that we had our guys and they didn't have their guys. I can listen to all that. But college football has got to decide what they want.

I know things are changing. Things are going to change next year. You know what, there's gonna still be bowl games outside of those. People got to decide what they want and what they really want to get out of it, cause it's really unfortunate for those kids on that sideline that had to play in that game and didn't have their full arsenal. It affected the game, 100%."

- Georgia Bulldogs Head Coach Kirby Smart
But after acknowledging this he decided to do all he could to embarrass FSU. Running trick plays and long passes when you're up by four touchdowns is a douchebag move. I have zero respect for him.

But after acknowledging this he decided to do all he could to embarrass FSU. Running trick plays and long passes when you're up by four touchdowns is a douchebag move. I have zero respect for him.
Is there no recruiting competition between Georgia and FSU?

Listen….did FSU get screwed out of a playoff? Its a conversation…

It’s not a conversation anymore when you get beaten like that. Call it portal or opt out…

That was embarrassing. Norvell needs to change the “culture”, cause the headline is FSU never belonged and Georgia wrote the article.

Listen….did FSU get screwed out of a playoff? Its a conversation…

It’s not a conversation anymore when you get beaten like that. Call it portal or opt out…

That was embarrassing. Norvell needs to change the “culture”, cause the headline is FSU never belonged and Georgia wrote the article.
I think that is only believed by those who didn't like or follow FSU prior. Nole fans knew that was the final FU to the committee. The vast majority of those players would've been on the field in a playoff game. The committee told them playing and winning means nothing when compared to TV ratings and money. So, why should they risk injury when it means nothing.

I think that FSU did it on its own, what's he supposed to tell his team that's loaded from top to bottom? Stop?

Reactions: BrianNole777
I think that is only believed by those who didn't like or follow FSU prior. Nole fans knew that was the final FU to the committee. The vast majority of those players would've been on the field in a playoff game. The committee told them playing and winning means nothing when compared to TV ratings and money. So, why should they risk injury when it means nothing.
So they play for the committee? Or their teamates

Just not buying that “give up” narrative.

So they play for the committee? Or their teamates

Just not buying that “give up” narrative.
You probably are not buying it because you neither played for an undefeated team in a Power 5 conference that got ****ed out of making the four team playoffs due to collusion for corporate interests nor had NFL talent.

You should boycott college sports and start a movement. The players that built a billion dollar empire decided to get their peice of the pie, good for them. I love how it's OK for pro athletes to ask for the sun, moon, and stars from the owners because they built them, but when college athletes do it's "out of control".
How many pro players sit out the last game after they are eliminated from playoff contention?

You probably are not buying it because you neither played for an undefeated team in a Power 5 conference that got ****ed out of making the four team playoffs due to collusion for corporate interests nor had NFL talent.
I have not played for an undefeated P5 conference team that got ****ed, so I can’t buy it.

Have you played for such a team and therefore can buy how this played out, or…..

Cause if not your opinion is just as valid as mine- and they’re just opinions.

They would have made playoff if their QB didn’t get hurt.

The committee took that into consideration.

Based on the QB performance against Georgia. I am damn happy FSU isn’t playing today.

They would have made playoff if their QB didn’t get hurt.

The committee took that into consideration.

Based on the QB performance against Georgia. I am damn happy FSU isn’t playing today.
Wouldn’t have been the same QB, and the offense wouldn’t be without their top 2 WRs, top 3 RBs, and their top TE. Let me know if you want to do the other side of the ball as well.

If Washington were to win this whole thing, I'd love to see the AP finish the season like this:

#1 15-0 Wash
#2 14-1 Mich (cheaters--victory to be vacated later)
#3 13-1 UGA
#4 13-1 FSU (with a 3-63 loss)
#5 12-2 Texas
#6 12-2 Bama

🤣🤣

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT