ADVERTISEMENT

Offensive Coordinator Job Posting Still Up

bueller-bueller-economics-teacher.gif

anyone-answer.gif

Reactions: Thunderlips71
Perhaps with Beth becoming the full time AD she can get the ball rolling? I think it's more of a money thing at this point, and we need someone who is willing to go up to bat and convince the board that we need to shill out some big bucks if we want a decent name.

Reactions: obfuscating
Perhaps with Beth becoming the full time AD she can get the ball rolling? I think it's more of a money thing at this point, and we need someone who is willing to go up to bat and convince the board that we need to shill out some big bucks if we want a decent name.
I told everyone that 3 weeks ago i was told They budgeted 1.25M for the OC. That will only get an up and comer or a fossil hire

Reactions: 2D_
It's going to be Budmeyer and we're all going to lose our collective effing minds.
That will officially make me stop caring about Iowa football until Ferentz is gone. I've been missing more basketball games with the kids getting older, but if that really happens then kiss Saturdays in fall goodbye. There are other things I can be doing. If the guy in charge either doesn't care or has simply grown too incompetent to do anything to fix his family mess then I'm out.

That will officially make me stop caring about Iowa football until Ferentz is gone. I've been missing more basketball games with the kids getting older, but if that really happens then kiss Saturdays in fall goodbye. There are other things I can be doing. If the guy in charge either doesn't care or has simply grown too incompetent to do anything to fix his family mess then I'm out.
I basically cut my men's basketball watching by 95%. It's been nice checking a score on my phone and thinking, "Glad I'm not watching.' Once Iowa's games were televised in the early 80s until a couple of years ago I probably watched 80-90% of them. Now I barely care and it's been a positive for my stress level.

Football is getting closer to being there too. Kirk fatigue. Horrible offense. Constant transfers and NIL. Gross to all of it.

Where would 1.25 rank in terms of OC salaries?

Also, given the whirlwind of college and especially NFL coaching:|coordinator movement isn’t it possible KF has 5-6 candidates and needs to wait for the dust to settle?

Reactions: kceasthawk

Also, given the whirlwind of college and especially NFL coaching:|coordinator movement isn’t it possible KF has 5-6 candidates and needs to wait for the dust to settle?
Rumor on the street from Iowa beat writers who have been deadly accurate through this whole process is that KF is interviewing 2 candidates this week.

And by "deadly accurate" I mean "totally clueless."

1.25 is well below Rutgers, Nebraska, soon to be Michigan, Michigan State, both of OSUs coordinators, Penn State, Longo from Wisky makes 1.25. Grubb was making 2 million. NFL OCs can make upward of 4 million per year, so probably worth waiting that one out.

Rumor on the street from Iowa beat writers who have been deadly accurate through this whole process is that KF is interviewing 2 candidates this week.

And by "deadly accurate" I mean "totally clueless."
We want photos! If I was retired I would sit outside the building just waiting.

Reactions: Ferentz_Fan
Yes, the first play the OC calls that doesn't work will have the haters screaming about what a bad choice Kirk made. Book it.
I hope it is a handoff up the middle. Oh and on that play line the RB up about 7 yards or 10 yards deep so the defense stuffs it for a loss.

Reactions: Quintana
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT