ADVERTISEMENT

How Are You Guys Feeling Today?

Mister Hawkeyes

HR All-State
Feb 3, 2013
How are you guys feeling post-game?

I think I’m ready for KF to retire. Our style of football is tolerable when we’re beating the other Big Ten West teams, but we’re pretty much a joke within college football. It’s a tough pill to swallow knowing that if we even had an average offense, we probably beat the #2 team in the nation 4 or 5 times out of 10. Kirk’s inability to adapt offensively and keep running the same outdated scheme season after season tells me he’s not fit to run a Power 5 program anymore.

This whole being loyal to guys like Spencer Petras and Deacon Hill while not giving anyone else a chance is such a slap in the face to the Iowa fans. Why would anyone send their kid to Iowa while our offense is stuck in 1906? If KF is the coach for the next 2 seasons, we already know who’s going to be the QB’s. It’ll be Cade next season and Deacon the season after that. If I’m a QB on the roster, I’m hitting the portal and going elsewhere. And if that doesn’t make your blood boil as a fan, it should.

KF can stand up there and talk about the refs screwing Iowa on the punt return against Minnesota all he wants. I’d rather he give a calculated explanation as to why Deacon Hill is still the QB. Why we’re still running a zone blocking scheme that has been a swinging a door for the last 3 seasons, and why guys like Vines (who is probably the worst WR I’ve seen in an Iowa uniform) are still seeing the field.

I have spent a lot of time and money on Iowa Football, as I’m sure most of you have as well, and this is the product we’re getting. Unless Kirk goes completely hands off on the offense, which I doubt, and brings in an offensive coordinator who isn’t afraid to use a mobile QB and spread the ball out, then he needs to retire. His way or offensive philosophy doesn’t work anymore. It’s not an eye test thing either. The stats clearly back this up. We’re ranked dead last or close to it in every offensive category, and have been the last 3 years.

If you’re not pissed off as Iowa fans, and you’re still drinking the KF Kool-Aid, then you’re not an Iowa fan. You’re a KF fan.

Little bit hungover and my son got up at 5:30. Oh well, bloody Mary time.
stone-cold-steve-austin.gif

I thought we gave one heck of an effort. With that said it was tough watching us go 3 and out. After watching Michigan play OSU I really thought we'd struggle and they'd pick the score. Our defense was great all game. I wanted to tell the announcers to shut the f-up when they were talking about L Riley backing the brinks truck up to Phils front door. I just don't see KF giving control of the offense to anyone. Who ever and what ever it is will have to work within his system so sadly I don't see any major change coming.

Reactions: KFsdisciple
I feel great! 812 days sober. I don't even remember my last hangover now.

College Football is just a game 18-23 year olds play for entertainment. Going on 40 now I'm glad I don't dwell on losses like I did in my teens and 20's. Meaningless.

There is so much more to life than football/sports. A 10 win season is far more than I expected after the early season injuries happened. I'm happy and content

Feeling good
Iowa game went as expected.

Watched my nhl team get a W last night instead of the B1GCG.

Watching my premier league team win currently.

Crazy enough, I thought it went better than expected. Michigans offense couldn’t do shit, outside their short fields with the punt return and asinine replay overturn. Score was close to what I expected but damn the D was salty.

Pretty much this. I thought we were in for a repeat of the CCG 2021 and/or Penn State this year.

The defense was outstanding yesterday. Now, I thought the UM OL injuries had something to do with that, but given how terrible our offense was and knowing Michigan probably have some talented backups - the defense still did an outstanding job given the hand they were dealt.

Wasn't expecting to win, but not happy we got screwed. Really proud of the effort in all three phases. We made them sweat it out for quite a while and it felt like Michigan needed a friendly boost to ensure the desired outcome.

I am completely at peace. After all the injuries we had this season, just getting to the championship at 10-2 was a pretty remarkable accomplishment in and of itself. We all knew the defense and special teams would give us a chance, but we also knew the offense wouldn’t. Turns out we were all correct in thinking that. Certainly wish Brian the best whatever he ends up doing, but things just didn’t work out for him as OC here.

Was a fine season all things considered.

Disappointed because even an average offense probably makes Michigan sweat a lot. Replay sucks, my god. I'll never understand how a play can be blown dead as incomplete, a guy casually picks the ball up to hand it to the official, and then replay calls it a clear recovery. That's the shit that makes a person think fishy stuff goes on with these games. Michigan definitely didn't need the help but a three score lead at that point is insurmountable. Taylor was good last night, but the punt coverage sucked. Special teams has been shaky the past few weeks.

Salty as ****… replay still pisses me off… but whats even more frustrating…Iowa has 1 td in their three CCG appearances….**** you, Kirk.
Let's be completely honest. The ONLY reason that Iowa was in 3 CCG appearances is because of the ridiculous - absolutely ridiculous - division setups in the B1G. Those were not the 2 best teams in the conference last night or in previous years. All of the power is - and has been in the East again.....like in all of the previous years

Most of the B1G championship games were complete blowouts and the West never won one of those games. Thank God it ends after this year. You'll have a better chance of hitting the lottery than one of the current West teams playing in a B1G CCG going forward

I also feel great….contrary to popular belief as the season wore on we actually got lots of respect and positive press because our D was so awesome!

We have a good program. It is/was frustrating watching this offense keep going 3 & out, but we held a dynamic offense below 220 total yds. I wasn’t going to miss this defense play. While having 3 TOs & an uncharacteristically 87 yd Punt return.

We lost our QB, 2All American TEs, had a shit ton of injuries on an already iffy line and won 10 games with a chance for 11…WTH???

And for the dopes that are going to scoot in here in a minute and say yeah, just because of Phil and the defense and the special teams…..LOL

Phil started crying when he presented a game ball to KF a few weeks ago… A man like Phil Parker doesn’t do that if he doesn’t have great respect for the coaching ability of his head, coach, and Friend…

And it’s just a football game….in posterity when people look backwards, they’ll see a team that has won a lot of games over the last 10 years.

And the smart fans will realize schedules are fluid.

Only thing that was upsetting was we had nothing to lose and Kirk still wouldn't open up the playbook even a tiny bit. I do not understand why we never ever throw a deep pass. Or do any kind of misdirection to get them off their toes. But it doesn't surprise me it went that way and watching our defense show out on that stage was fun.

College Football is just a game 18-23 year olds play for entertainment. Going on 40 now I'm glad I don't dwell on losses like I did in my teens and 20's. Meaningless.

There is so much more to life than football/sports. A 10 win season is far more than I expected after the early season injuries happened. I'm happy and content
Reading this makes me want to put a double shot of Irish in my morning coffee.....BRB......

Reactions: gamedayron01
Let's be completely honest. The ONLY reason that Iowa was in 3 CCG appearances is because of the ridiculous - absolutely ridiculous - division setups in the B1G. Those were not the 2 best teams in the conference last night or in previous years. All of the power is - and has been in the East again.....like in all of the previous years

Most of the B1G championship games were complete blowouts and the West never won one of those games. Thank God it ends after this year. You'll have a better chance of hitting the lottery than one of the current West teams playing in a B1G CCG going forward

You clearly haven't paid much attention to schedules nationally over the years. Thats been all over these power 5 leagues.

Business as usual for me this morning. Last night's game didn't really affect me. I knew Iowa football has a strong defense and a disgraceful offense, but I've known this for years.

The game went pretty much exactly as I expected.

Reactions: cmhawks99

I think I’m ready for KF to retire. Our style of football is tolerable when we’re beating the other Big Ten West teams, but we’re pretty much a joke within college football. It’s a tough pill to swallow knowing that if we even had an average offense, we probably beat the #2 team in the nation 4 or 5 times out of 10. Kirk’s inability to adapt offensively and keep running the same outdated scheme season after season tells me he’s not fit to run a Power 5 program anymore.

This whole being loyal to guys like Spencer Petras and Deacon Hill while not giving anyone else a chance is such a slap in the face to the Iowa fans. Why would anyone send their kid to Iowa while our offense is stuck in 1906? If KF is the coach for the next 2 seasons, we already know who’s going to be the QB’s. It’ll be Cade next season and Deacon the season after that. If I’m a QB on the roster, I’m hitting the portal and going elsewhere. And if that doesn’t make your blood boil as a fan, it should.

KF can stand up there and talk about the refs screwing Iowa on the punt return against Minnesota all he wants. I’d rather he give a calculated explanation as to why Deacon Hill is still the QB. Why we’re still running a zone blocking scheme that has been a swinging a door for the last 3 seasons, and why guys like Vines (who is probably the worst WR I’ve seen in an Iowa uniform) are still seeing the field.

I have spent a lot of time and money on Iowa Football, as I’m sure most of you have as well, and this is the product we’re getting. Unless Kirk goes completely hands off on the offense, which I doubt, and brings in an offensive coordinator who isn’t afraid to use a mobile QB and spread the ball out, then he needs to retire. His way or offensive philosophy doesn’t work anymore. It’s not an eye test thing either. The stats clearly back this up. We’re ranked dead last or close to it in every offensive category, and have been the last 3 years.

If you’re not pissed off as Iowa fans, and you’re still drinking the KF Kool-Aid, then you’re not an Iowa fan. You’re a KF fan.
Yeah, I'm sick of "Kirk ball". Last night was beyond embarrassing...poor Phil. Another crap performance (offensively anyway) on the national stage. Performances like that is why the B1G is dropping divisions.

It's time to turn the page on all things Ferentz and get going on a new (modern) era of Iowa football. The program was fine before Kirk, and it will be fine after he leaves. Cut the f*cking cord and move on.

Woke up feeling like shit. We shut down Corum and once again made JJ look like a MAC QB at best and we still lost by 26. Just wish the guys scored once or twice. Now we have to watch the cheating Michigan losers celebrate, and we're without a B1G title. I don't even care about whatever bowl we go to because it's likely the same result will happen. Then it's another off-season of being America's punching bag.

Upset that we chose another important game to be the time we make horrible mistakes.

Disappointed that we couldn’t have at least kept it closer, and the scoreline more respectable, like we WERE capable of. We only win this game like 1 out of 10 times at best, but I also believe this result was at the extreme end of favorable from Michigan’s standpoint.

Pissed off at the refs who screwed us over on an unconscionable replay decision yet again.

Proud of how well the defense played, and optimistic about continuing to see this defense as long as Parker is at the helm and now, possibly, with a less inept offense to go with it.

Lastly, looking forward to seeing this limited but mentally extremely tough team try for an 11th win in the bowl game.

Reactions: littlez
This was Iowa’s best shot at a Big Ten title for the rest of my life and Ferentz once again blew it because he doesn’t put a mediocre offense with a championship defense. It’s going to be monumentally more difficult to win a title going forward and I highly doubt we get one during the rest of my life. Sadly.

I'm feeling A-OK.
Iowa playing sh!tty offensive football and not being competitive against good teams is the baseline now. Why get worked up about that?
I've been ready for KF to retire for several years. But since I have no power to make that happen I don't waste time stewing over it.

Reactions: littlez

Yup.

I love my Hawkeyes, and never miss a game, but as I've aged these things have much less impact on me emotionally. I think the last season that really pissed me off was 2010 as that team should have been so much better.

I would have liked to seen what could have been different with a healthy team, but unfortunately we were hit pretty hard. I'm pretty satisfied with the season all things considered; I would have never guessed 10-3 with a west title knowing of all the injury issues.

Reactions: WildTurk
You clearly haven't paid much attention to schedules nationally over the years. Thats been all over these power 5 leagues.
No, I have paid attention and NO WHERE - in CF - is it even close to being lopsided as it is in the B1G CCG. Jesus Christ, The West never won one of these games and most were 20 to 25 point (at least) blowouts

Reading this makes me want to put a double shot of Irish in my morning coffee.....BRB......
You do you my friend. I remember making comments like that.

Alcohol is just poison put in the body to dull your brain and alter your nervous system. Far more harm than good. Glad I figured that out before it was too late.

I don’t think anyone has ever argued that Michigan and Ohio State aren’t the two best programs in the B1G. BUT, you deal with what’s in front of you, and you play the teams in front of you. Iowa has proved over the years that it is one of the better programs in the country. Not elite like UM or OSU, but good and definitely in the top 20-25 percent of division one programs historically. Maybe even higher. While I agree it’ll be very tough to win the B1G moving forward, I think a program like Iowa can have years where it competes.

Wow…is that a personal take. 10 wins in today’s college football vs any schedule is awesome…the entirety of the Big 12 was very weak….

12 teams with 4 loses or more, 8 with 5 or more. 7 at .500 or worse.

The ACC was even worse…8 teams…NINE with 5 plus loses.

Hell the “great” SEC had 8…😳

Sonny Dykes 7 loses, Lieopold, 4, Kleinman 4, Hueple 4, Stoops 5, all coaches our “positive” fans have pined over… fell back to earth as many of us projected.

Dabo Swinney has fallen back to earth…

Lincoln Riley, routinely considered a top 5 coach has yet to field a defense in his entire career.

Holy snikes dude…Vines worst in an Iowauniform.

Zoneblocking?! You mean that a gazzilion teams use?!

You talk about bad fans, and I’m not talking about being a bad Iowa fan. You are just a bad fan. You don’t know shit about the totality of football and what’s going on everywhere.!

Id quit watching if I were you, just sayin!

Last edited:
Reactions: ShonnDeereGreene
Meh, not upset at all. Disappointed a bit, but it went like most of us thought.
This is where I am. We all knew we were the sacrificial lambs from the west. We've been saying it all season.

Some things felt better than last time (defense performance) some things felt shittier than last time (offense in general, missed roughing, fluke fumble gift for michigan).

But really I thought it would be like 35-3, so 26-0... is... i donno, shitty but better?

You do you my friend. I remember making comments like that.

Alcohol is just poison put in the body to dull your brain and alter your nervous system. Far more harm than good. Glad I figured that out before it was too late.
Nectar of the Gods, my friend! Now run along to an AA site!

Yeah, I'm sick of "Kirk ball". Last night was beyond embarrassing...poor Phil. Another crap performance (offensively anyway) on the national stage. Performances like that is why the B1G is dropping divisions.

It's time to turn the page on all things Ferentz and get going on a new (modern) era of Iowa football. The program was fine before Kirk, and it will be fine after he leaves. Cut the f*cking cord and move on.

Yeah poor Phil, the guy who broke down when he presented a game ball to KF a few games back.

I chuckle at you guys who keep postulate this. Parker would likely tell you to eat shit if you addressed this to him in person….

LOL….😂

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT