ADVERTISEMENT

*****Offical 2023 Recruiting Thread*****

Sep 14, 2019
I-O-W-A
I also think this a great one to start up.

Committed Players:
DL: Maddux Borcherding-Johnson
LB: Ben Keuter
DL: Chase Brackney
QB: Marco Lainez
WR: Alex Mota
DB: John Nestor

June 24-25 Official Visitors (Big Weekend)
DB: John Nestor (Commit)
DE: Jordan Allen
WR: Andre Davis
DE: Chase Brackney (Commit)
WR: Kai Black
DB: Jamison Patton
OT: Logan Howland
WR: Alex Mota (Commit)
OT: Trevor Lauck
DT: Maddux Borcherding-Johnson (Commit)
C: Leighton Jones (Commit)
QB: Marco Lainez (Commit)

Other Notable Targets

LB: Asa Newsom
DE: Messiah Blair
DE: Kenneth Merriweather
DT: Tyler Gant
DT: Kendrick Gilbert
DE: Adepoju Adebawore
RB: Kendrick Raphael
WR: Josh Manning
WR: Chase Hendricks
TE: Zach Ortwerth
TE: Jackson Carver
OL: Kadyn Proctor
OL: Joe Otting
OL: Trevor Buhr
LB: Kooper Ebel
DB: Amare Snowden
DB: Cameren Jenkins
DB: Caden Jenkins
DB: Daniel Demery

Last edited:
What? Iowa has had multiple 6’4 or 6’3 TE’s lol.
NSS. Most likely ya didn’t catch the most likely 🙄 Little comparison TJ, Noah, Kittle, Kelce and Ertz are all listed around the 6’5 250lbs mark as grown men playing TE in the NFL. Do ya really think a sophomore in HS listed an roughly the same size is done growing? Most likely not lol

You missed the point. If he’s that big as a HS sophomore he will be much bigger as a college player. Do you think he will not grow any more??
It varies wildly on the player. Not all guys only put on weight. Some simply replace bad weight with good weight. Some are already where they need to be with good weight.

Markway is without a doubt a TE.

If Proctor admires Wirfs as much as it sounds, can we get DD to offer jersey #74 to the young man?

Going to be a tough battle for this kid. Ohio State is the favorite right now, along with Nwankpa.
Iowa has as good a shot with Proctor as anybody. Doesn’t mean he will end up at Iowa, but I don’t think it is accurate to call Ohio State the leader at this point.

Reactions: iafan44
It sounds like Tristan Wirfs has reached out to Kadyn Proctor. Proctor was really excited about it, and it meant a lot to him. Wirfs told him a lot about how great the Iowa staff is, and how they will help get him ready for the NFL.
That's awesome to hear that these past studs go out of their way to share their experiences!

Reactions: exiled in IL
That futurecast is by a OSU writer......
And? isn't their job to report where they think a recruit is going to head? I just stated that OSU was the current favorite, and I'm not disagreeing with anything else, just reporting what is shown on the website, no need for a pissing match.

And? isn't their job to report where they think a recruit is going to head? I just stated that OSU was the current favorite, and I'm not disagreeing with anything else, just reporting what is shown on the website, no need for a pissing match.
I get it, but a lot of the time these guys put that on their for their favorite team.

Reactions: nu2u
ADVERTISEMENT