ADVERTISEMENT

*****Offical 2023 Recruiting Thread*****

How are we feeling on Proctor? Kid is the #6 overall in 2023. Will he outgrow Iowa for the Blue Bloods?

How are we feeling on Proctor? Kid is the #6 overall in 2023. Will he outgrow Iowa for the Blue Bloods?
There's a lot of time between now and December 2022. Proctor seems pretty grounded and has an established relationship with Iowa, and has a positive connection to Tristan Wirfs specifically. The best things to help Iowa's chances are having a good 2021 season, Linderbaum getting drafted early, and heck Wirfs dominating in the pros. Iowa is Iowa. They're a known quantity with development so it's a matter of continuing to spread that message while the staff builds a familial relationship.

Iowa probably has a better chance with Proctor than Nwankpa, who seems to value going to a blueblood a little more. Not a bad thing. Just hope if he goes elsewhere it's not in the Big Ten.

If Proctor were to commit to Iowa, undoubtedly Iowa's highest recruit get ever, no?

Reactions: haightt
OSU rivals would disagree but they think everyone wants to go to OSU. Proctor said Wirfs is basically his football idol
yeah, not quite following what you are trying to spin here. Pierschbacher was a lifetime Iowa fan as well. Nothing I have said, has any feelings or direct insight into the matter, he tweets a decent amount about Iowa, so that is at least a plus.

yeah, not quite following what you are trying to spin here. Pierschbacher was a lifetime Iowa fan as well. Nothing I have said, has any feelings or direct insight into the matter, he tweets a decent amount about Iowa, so that is at least a plus.
you said osu is the leader

There's a lot of time between now and December 2022. Proctor seems pretty grounded and has an established relationship with Iowa, and has a positive connection to Tristan Wirfs specifically. The best things to help Iowa's chances are having a good 2021 season, Linderbaum getting drafted early, and heck Wirfs dominating in the pros. Iowa is Iowa. They're a known quantity with development so it's a matter of continuing to spread that message while the staff builds a familial relationship.

Iowa probably has a better chance with Proctor than Nwankpa, who seems to value going to a blueblood a little more. Not a bad thing. Just hope if he goes elsewhere it's not in the Big Ten.

If Proctor were to commit to Iowa, undoubtedly Iowa's highest recruit get ever, no?
He’s got some climbing to do to catch Kyle Williams. Williams is the 402nd highest rated recruit ever.

Nwankpa. I don’t know anything about Kadyn’s situation, but it seems premature for a lot of people to think he’s leaving too. Kadyn loves the Iowa staff and Tristan Wirfs is his idol.
Oh. Well that's a pleasant surprise. 🙂 Thanks for the info. From what I know Proctor is Iowa to lose right now. Loves the Hawks and Wirfs.

Reactions: LaTavianGreenshaw24
Nwankpa. I don’t know anything about Kadyn’s situation, but it seems premature for a lot of people to think he’s leaving too. Kadyn loves the Iowa staff and Tristan Wirfs is his idol.
So you have info on Nwankpa that has changed? he has clearly leaned toward the blue bloods (OSU, and now you say ND). Iowa does want him, but his interest in them seems to not be close to his favorite destination from recent visits, published articles on recruiting sites and even twitter speculation

Well, the fact he hasn't scheduled a visit to Iowa but has one scheduled to OSU and ND says Iowa probably isn't in the top list right now.

Well, the fact he hasn't scheduled a visit to Iowa but has one scheduled to OSU and ND says Iowa probably isn't in the top list right now.
Lol he’s been to kinnick a dozen times, of course there are other campuses he wants to visit first. Think whatever you want.

I actually think Nwankpa is overrated. He is good but Ankeny WRs like Bruce made him look silly.

Any good wr can do that to a db and yes we have a good one in AB. Can't wait to see him and K Johnson develop. Nwankpa is good.

Any good wr can do that to a db and yes we have a good one in AB. Can't wait to see him and K Johnson develop. Nwankpa is good.
Correct. It's laughable that someone could watch a Safety play in one game against a team that has TWO division one wide receivers and determine that safety isn't good or is overrated.

Fans are goofs.

Reactions: BEAVERDALEHAWK
ADVERTISEMENT