ADVERTISEMENT

*****Offical 2023 Recruiting Thread*****

Back to the subject of Proctor. If I had to guess (and more than a guess solid info) it is a 4 horse race. Iowa, ND, Bama and OSU. I have said it before. Put Iowa at a little over 50 percent and the others about even.

Just don't forget who Proctor's idol was/is and where THAT GUY played his college ball.
Stop! He has already said that he doesn't want the comparison. He will make his own decision about where he wants to play and it won't be because of Wirfs!

Stop! He has already said that he doesn't want the comparison. He will make his own decision about where he wants to play and it won't be because of Wirfs!
Seems like it could be a factor. Maybe small, but not to be discounted.

Seems like it could be a factor. Maybe small, but not to be discounted.
It is a factor as it is his idol but probably not a big one. I was told as of this morning ISU and LSU (while they may get visits) are out. It is the 4 I listed above. Just got done fishing for the day (which really pisses Clones trolls off since 6 of CF donors just stayed here and I will refrain from saying what they think of CF besides Jason who is using it as a tax loss) and I got confirmation Proctor is Iowa, OSU, ND or Bama. My source who is tight with his Mom said he will do a Brody deal. Never, ever going to ISU but for political reasons will keep them around. See e.g., Harrison Barnes. Funny how with Brody the family went scorched earth on never going to ISU regardless of baseball. I read an ISU fan said had a “Brecht family source” while Brody and his parents said the opposite. Totally f’d up liars.

It is a factor as it is his idol but probably not a big one. I was told as of this morning ISU and LSU (while they may get visits) are out. It is the 4 I listed above. Just got done fishing for the day (which really pisses Clones trolls off since 6 of CF donors just stayed here and I will refrain from saying what they think of CF besides Jason who is using it as a tax loss) and I got confirmation Proctor is Iowa, OSU, ND or Bama. My source who is tight with his Mom said he will do a Brody deal. Never, ever going to ISU but for political reasons will keep them around. See e.g., Harrison Barnes. Funny how with Brody the family went scorched earth on never going to ISU regardless of baseball. I read an ISU fan said had a “Brecht family source” while Brody and his parents said the opposite. Totally f’d up liars.
Ok despite all the ISU stuff mixed up in this, this was actually some good info. Thanks for providing it.

What did you catch?

So if we land a couple of these guys will the negative Nancy’s about the 2022 class and beyond disappear?

Reactions: silasstarr
My top wants for 2023 class:

1: Kadyn Proctor (Nuff said)
2. Marco Lainez (Always want the 4 star QB’s.)
3. Tyler Gant (Tough force in the middle, great kid too)
4. Alex Mota (Great athlete, would make a great DB under Phil)
5. Kyler Kasper (I already feel like he’s Iowa bound, so thats why he’s not higher. He’s going to be great.
6. Charles Jagusah (Big big guy. Handful to deal with if you’re a lineman)
7. Andrew Depaepe (Would be higher if i thought our chances were better. He’s very good)
8. Kai Black (Good WR, great size and speed.)

That’s my post. If we get commits they will disappear because it doesn’t fit their narrative.
Lol it's not a narrative right now, it's a fact. Our recruiting class is not good (on paper) as it currently stands, and we have less recruits than any other team in the conference. I'm not saying the sky is falling or that this class won't end up being good, but we're behind schedule and I'm not seeing a lot of reasons for optimism with some of our remaining top targets.

Reactions: not_mantiteo
Lol it's not a narrative right now, it's a fact. Our recruiting class is not good (on paper) as it currently stands, and we have less recruits than any other team in the conference. I'm not saying the sky is falling or that this class won't end up being good, but we're behind schedule and I'm not seeing a lot of reasons for optimism with some of our remaining top targets.
And some have jumped off the boat because they think it’s a trend. They forget the 24th ranked class last year, all of whom had 6-8 months before signing to find a different school since some say the cultural issues are scaring recruits away. Do people not believe that others wouldn’t have taken some of the 4* players? The ‘22 class may not be going how some like, but land a couple of the ‘23 recruits all will soon be forgotten.

My top wants for 2023 class:

1: Kadyn Proctor (Nuff said)
2. Marco Lainez (Always want the 4 star QB’s.)
3. Tyler Gant (Tough force in the middle, great kid too)
4. Alex Mota (Great athlete, would make a great DB under Phil)
5. Kyler Kasper (I already feel like he’s Iowa bound, so thats why he’s not higher. He’s going to be great.
6. Charles Jagusah (Big big guy. Handful to deal with if you’re a lineman)
7. Andrew Depaepe (Would be higher if i thought our chances were better. He’s very good)
8. Kai Black (Good WR, great size and speed.)

Great list but I'd add
Kaedin Feagin
Dylan Senda

And some have jumped off the boat because they think it’s a trend. They forget the 24th ranked class last year, all of whom had 6-8 months before signing to find a different school since some say the cultural issues are scaring recruits away. Do people not believe that others wouldn’t have taken some of the 4* players? The ‘22 class may not be going how some like, but land a couple of the ‘23 recruits all will soon be forgotten.
That 24th ranked recruiting class likely could have been better were it not for those "issues." There are still obvious problems, and word is Brian is one of the key contributing factors. Maybe not racial issues directly, but just being a complete ass.

That 24th ranked recruiting class likely could have been better were it not for those "issues." There are still obvious problems, and word is Brian is one of the key contributing factors. Maybe not racial issues directly, but just being a complete ass.
There has yet to be a single confirmation of this.

The "rumor" started on message boards.

There has yet to be a single confirmation of this.

The "rumor" started on message boards.
I'm not sure what you mean single confirmation of this, he has been in direct contact with key TE recruits, none of which have come to Iowa, reports of him shitting all over Cedric Boswell, Noah Fant, and Jaleel Johnson should all but confirm he has a problem. You believe what you will, this is not merely a "rumor" started on the message boards.

Last edited:
And some are just looking for reasons to hate on the current staff. Always have been, always will.

Find me one shred of evidence then.
listed above, it's not difficult to see. Losing recruits that were strong Iowa leans is a major problem and falls heavily on the head coach/coordinators. Can he turn it around, sure, but anyone that looks at this staff and feels good about the way things going forward are not looking at trends in recruiting.

And some are just looking for reasons to hate on the current staff. Always have been, always will.
This is the first post I have mentioned this or anything negative about the coaching staff, feel free to look at my comments.

ADVERTISEMENT