ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official '19-'20 EPL, Bundesliga, La Liga, etc. Thread*****

Anyone who thinks “soccer is boring” should watch this Chelsea-Leicester game. It’s been wide open with tons of scoring chances and great defense and saves. Very exciting!

Lee Dixon agrees with you: “Best 1-1 draw I have ever [seen]”. That was like a heavyweight fight where the later rounds are just the two fighters wailing on each other and each refusing to go down.

Reactions: torbee
Really hoping the wolves can pull off the upset today. 1-nil to the Reds so far though.

Anyone watch Chelsea/ Pulisic this morning? Sounds like Pulisic got an assist but I wasn't waking up at 6:30 for this. Wondering how well he played

Anyone watch Chelsea/ Pulisic this morning? Sounds like Pulisic got an assist but I wasn't waking up at 6:30 for this. Wondering how well he played

He played well. Norwich just couldn't match him and he had a great assist to Tammy too.

The commentators said Pulisic too, but that second assist to Tammy wasn’t Pulisic, but Kovacic. He was involved in both the first goals though, including a nice little assist on Mount’s. In the second half, he should have had a simple lay-off assist to Tammy but took the shot on the worse angle and hit side netting. He looks like he’s nailed down the starting role. Those young attackers are really gelling.

Reactions: jaxhawk06
I think Arsenal might win this game. I could see a goal or two on the counter for them. Just a hunch....I could be wrong.

Red Devils fall at home to Palace? Is this a sign of the impending apocalypse?
Meanwhile, The Arsenal are hanging in against the Peasants. If they could get a draw in this match, I'd be totally satisfied.

COYG!

If the ref missed it and it IS worthy of a red card, why not? Personally, I'm in favor of VAR. I do believe it makes the game more fair.

Totally ruins the flow of the game. You still end up with many subjective calls, so whats the point. Its a game played by and for people, not a computer simulation.

If the ref missed it and it IS worthy of a red card, why not? Personally, I'm in favor of VAR. I do believe it makes the game more fair.

Totally ruins the flow of the game. You still end up with many subjective calls, so whats the point. Its a game played by and for people, not a computer simulation.

There’s good and bad to VAR, but the good outweighs the bad. As far as the flow of the game, I respectfully disagree. In the old days you just have a mob around the ref arguing for that many seconds/minutes anyway. Getting the calls right is most important.

Reactions: ThamesHawk

It does disrupt the flow of the game. I'll give you that. But I feel like it's a small price to pay for even matches. For me, it certainly feels like certain matches calls always go for certain teams. Three matches in and I've been saved 2 conceded goals from it.

Welp. The Arsenal returned to form and showed they aren't ready for Prime Time just yet. I was afraid two opening wins over basically chopped liver was getting me too excited.

Just watched Newcastle take down Spurs 1-0. Former Atlanta United player Almiron looked real good. He has some serious pace, even against a "Big 6' Club.

Just watched Newcastle take down Spurs 1-0. Former Atlanta United player Almiron looked real good. He has some serious pace, even against a "Big 6' Club.

True that. And it took the 5 Stripes practically half this season to figure out how to play without him.

Watching Schalke. Weston McKinnie isnt getting the flash Pulisic is, but we have another young American playing at a high level in a top league.

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
Another start, another assist. This time via a run in and point blank shot that rebounded right to Abraham.

All their subs used, Lampard is going with Pulisic the full 90 for the second week in a row.

UPDATE: Going to have to be a hero now. The Blades equalize in the 88th...

Man some of the calls VAR has missed this season is just baffling. Hard to believe a system designed to catch the things refs miss can also be missed by VAR when some of them are just so obvious.

I like the way the replay for VAR is showed on the stadium boards simultaneousy. They can't do that in MLS, or fans would literally burn stadiums down if it didn't go there way. Plus, MLS screws the pooch on the vast majority of VAR reviews anyhoo.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT