ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official #76 RPI IOWA at #194 RPI Northwestern Games Thread (Fri on BTN; Sat & Sun on BTN PLUS)*****

One camera behind the plate

No play x play announcers (not that they were any good yesterday)

The only thing you hear is the sound from the crowd.

No replays.

This has to be one of the worst produced BTN Plus games I have seen.

Perfect for this game, I guess.

After 3
innings:

4-0, Northwestern

Iowa coming up to bat

Top of 4th:

Martin grounds OUT.
Sosa walks
Frazier HIT by pitch. Runners on 1st & 2nd, 1 OUT.

DOUBLE STEAL. Runners on 2nd & 3rd, 1 OUT.

McCleary singles to Right side, Scoring 1 Run. Runners on 1st & 3rd, 1 OUT.

Seegers grounds into FC; OUT at 2nd. Seegers HUSTLES & IS SAFE at 1st. Runner Scores. 2 OUT.

Norman DOUBLES, SCORING SEEGERS!!! 2 OUT.

Fullard FLIES OUT.

4-3, Northwestern

Heading to bottom of 4th

Top of 6th:

6, 7 and 8 hitters due up

Sosa bunt singles to 3rd
Frazier singles to Left. Runners on 1st & 2nd, NO OUTS.

McCleary FLIES OUT to RF. Runner tags, advanced to 3rd. Runners on 1st & 3rd, 1 OUT.

Balk is called. Run Scores. Runner goes to 2nd. 1 OUT.

#9 hitter Seegers pops up to SS. 2 OUTS.

Norman hits DOUBLE to Right Field!!! RUN SCORES!!! 2 OUTS.

Fullard strikes out looking on what appeared to be an outside pitch (but w/ one camera behind plate, its hard to tell for sure)

6-5, Northwestern

Heading to Bottom of the 6th

Home plate ump must think he’s umping little league, that pitch was way out. Don’t think Heller is happy with this clown.

• Love
Reactions: Franisdaman
Top of 7th:

Williams walks
Passed ball
; Williams to 2nd base.

Wallace grounds to 2nd; Williams to 3rd. 1 OUT.

Austin Martin singles hard up the middle, hitting pitcher in leg; RUN SCORES; Runner on 1st, 1 OUT.

Passed ball. Runner to 2nd base. 1 OUT

Sosa grounds out. 2 OUT.

Frazier strikes out swinging.

6-6 Ball Game

Heading to Bottom of the 7th

FWIW, Maryland beat Michigan (taking series 2 game to 1).
Nebraska is killing OSU.
Indiana and OSU play at 4:00 p.m. CDT.

Wow . . . should've been an easy play. NW's 3Bman gags it . . . bases juiced. Two outs. Still 6-6. Trent Wallace with the chance to be a hero.

EDIT: Williams showed surprising speed running to first. His hammy must be feeling much better.

EDIT: Can of corn fly ball to LF. Heading to B8. Still tied.

Top of 8th:

McCleary singles.

#9 hitter Seegers HAS A REALLY BAD AT BAT. He rounds to bunt REALLY EARLY, allowing 3rd baseman to run WAY IN; he attempts the BUNT AGAIN ON A 3-2 COUNT, BADLY FOULING & STRIKING OUT. 1 OUT.

New N'w pitcher.

This ump really wants you to swing. He will call outside pitches as strikes.

#1 hitter Norman on a 3-2 pitch WALKS. Runners on 1st & 2nd, 1 OUT.

Fullard FLIES OUT to LF. 2 OUT.

Williams hits INFIELD SINGLE. BASES LOADED. 2 OUT.

Wallace FLIES OUT to LF.

6-6 Ball Game

Heading to Bottom of the 8th

Wow . . . should've been an easy play. NW's 3Bman gags it . . . bases juiced. Two outs. Still 6-6. Trent Wallace with the chance to be a hero.

EDIT: Williams showed surprising speed running to first. His hammy must be feeling much better.
And..........?

Folks . . . as much as yesterday's loss sucked . . . Iowa is still very much in the running to get to 3rd or 4th place in the B1G if they can win today. Never say die. Gotta pull this one out.

Wallace hitting cleanup is interesting to me.

He goes 0-5 on the day, Adreon now in the game after that at bat. I’ve been consistent that Wallace as a fielder/hitter needs to end. I think he’d be an even better pitcher than he is now. Judkins excelled once he gave up the idea of hitting and playing 1B/OF.

Top of 8th:

McCleary singles.

#9 hitter Seegers HAS A REALLY BAD AT BAT. He rounds to bunt REALLY EARLY, allowing 3rd baseman to run WAY IN; he attempts the BUNT AGAIN ON A 3-2 COUNT, BADLY FOULING & STRIKING OUT. 1 OUT.

New N'w pitcher.

This ump really wants you to swing. He will call outside pitches as strikes.

#1 hitter Norman on a 3-2 pitch WALKS. Runners on 1st & 2nd, 1 OUT.

Fullard FLIES OUT to LF. 2 OUT.

Williams hits INFIELD SINGLE. BASES LOADED. 2 OUT.

Wallace FLIES OUT to LF.

6-6 Ball Game

Heading to Bottom of the 8th
Seegers squares to bunt then swings away for the 2nd strike. Then tries to bunt with 2 strikes. A .158 hitter for the year, should be sacrificing that runner to second in the 8th inning.

Reactions: Franisdaman
Folks . . . as much as yesterday's loss sucked . . . Iowa is still very much in the running to get to 3rd or 4th place in the B1G if they can win today. Never say die. Gotta pull this one out.

If Indiana were to lose both to Ohio State, Maryland goes 1-2 vs Indiana, Michigan gets swept by Nebraska and IF Iowa were to win out, they’d finished tied with Maryland in 2nd. A lot of hoping and wishing, but it’s still possible.

Watching game on my phone at my office. My hat is inside out and backwards. Calling upon the bats to wake up and put a crooked number on the board.

A lead off walk works. But, at some point, someone is going to need to come through with a big hit. Later tonight, I'm going to post a pet peeve observation that I made last weekend in Iowa City and, since seeing it live, I've noticed plenty of Iowa hitters doing it yesterday and today . . . too nervous to type more now.

Top of 9th:

Martin leads off w/ a walk.

Nelson pinch runs for Martin.

Sosa FLIES OUT to CF. 1 OUT.

#7 hitter Frazier strikes out looking. 2 OUTS.

#8 hitter McCleary pops up to catcher

6-6 Ball Game

Heading to Bottom of the 9th

Last edited:
I repeat . . . at some point, Iowa cannot rely on the other team to issue walks for runners to get on base. The bats need come alive. If I'm tracking the order correctly, T10 would have Seegers, Norman and Fullard due up.

For those who aren't watching:

NW B9:
K (swinging)
Walk (after falling behind 0-2)
EDIT: Meeting on mound after first pitch ball
EDIT: Walk off HR. Hawks lose.

I won't write off the season but this was another brutal loss. Lots of baserunners via walk but bats were far too silent. Again. OBP% doesn't matter if you can't drive them in.

I won't write off the season but this was another brutal loss. Lots of baserunners via walk but bats were far too silent. Again. OBP% doesn't matter if you can't drive them in.

It’s over man, Iowa ain’t sweeping Michigan State. Also at that rate 26-18 won’t get an Iowa team in as at best they’d be tied with Michigan and Maryland. Better just hope Illinois and OSU don’t pass Iowa in the standings.

Someone needs to ask why this continues to happen. Continuous May choke jobs when at large bids are on the line. Iowa hasn’t won a series @ NW since 2014, and hasn’t won one against them since 2015. Granted since 2015 it’s been three road series.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT