ADVERTISEMENT

Official Braves 2020 thread

Riley should know once you get in a rundown, it won't end well. He should have made a mad dash to third... immediately.
Without a doubt. That's taught in every system above LL. The worst case scenario should have been 1st and 3rd with one out.

I don’t disagree completely. Riley should have taken third, but that automatically surrenders Swanson. Riley was in a bad spot there. I don’t blame him. Swanson has to know any ball hit to the corners, he’s freezing. He got caught in no man’s land and it’s 100% on him. There’s really no other way around it.

As a Braves fan, this feels about on par with 2020. They did go further than I expected but of course blew a 3-1 series lead. Of course.

When I step back and look at it though, without Soroka that is pretty impressive. They still need another arm or two but should be a title contender for the next few years here with that young lineup.

I don’t disagree completely. Riley should have taken third, but that automatically surrenders Swanson. Riley was in a bad spot there. I don’t blame him. Swanson has to know any ball hit to the corners, he’s freezing. He got caught in no man’s land and it’s 100% on him. There’s really no other way around it.
Swanson was toast the minute he broke. Watch what Riley did... the second he hesitated, he was toast as well. Both guys effed up. But as another poster stated... there was still potential to have first/third with one out.

Swanson was toast the minute he broke. Watch what Riley did... the second he hesitated, he was toast as well. Both guys effed up. But as another poster stated... there was still potential to have first/third with one out.

Or if Dansby doesn’t break, they’ve got 2nd and 3rd with one out. Swanson knows before the ball is hit, that any ball hit to the corners, he doesn’t attempt to score. He F’d up majorly. Plain and simple.

Riley hesitated to see what Swanson was going to do. He hesitated because he started out correctly with proper base running by not running into an out. I wish Dansby would have hesitated.

Reactions: DFSNOLE and MitchLL
How it started

bfht65eimaa0zf5.jpg

Reactions: runkpanole
Good news guys. Over the holidays my college-aged daughter asked me about Dansby Swanson. I asked her how she knew that name. She either came across him or a fangirl on Tik-Tok and it's her current celebrity crush. We bought her a Swanson jersey.

And before you guys ask - here's a pre-emptive pic....

giphy.gif

Good news guys. Over the holidays my college-aged daughter asked me about Dansby Swanson. I asked her how she knew that name. She either came across him or a fangirl on Tik-Tok and it's her current celebrity crush. We bought her a Swanson jersey.

And before you guys ask - here's a pre-emptive pic....

giphy.gif

He was dating some soccer chic, USWNT. Good luck.

Reactions: HROT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT