ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official Caitlin Clark/Indiana Fever at Dallas Wings Game Thread*****

If you won’t watch her I don’t really see the point in participating in threads like these. You are just opining on box scores.

It's your choice to not watch, and I respect that. However, the Box Score only indicates stats and not how the game was played. The stat lines don't account for the human element in effort, and how adjustments are made in-game.
Stats don't lie and don't take into account emotions. If I like to keep track of former Hawks by looking at the stats, what's it to you? I'll follow the way I want to follow and will not tell you how you should follow. Good grief.

Stats don't lie and don't take into account emotions. If I like to keep track of former Hawks by looking at the stats, what's it to you? I'll follow the way I want to follow and will not tell you how you should follow. Good grief.
Don't get upset. I acknowledged your right to do what you want. Take a breath and relax.

Obviously, follow how you want to follow. In a thread about how she actually played, there were shots fired based on the numbers alone, and the numbers without context don’t tell an accurate story. Just struck me as odd.

Caitlin got many assists at Iowa with a supporting cast of rim-runners (Hannah, Syd, Kate) that she consistently found with some spectacular passes. The Fever don't seem to have that type of player.
that nalyssa smith fits the bill. I am thinking in a regular game with Kelsey Mitchell back we will see more rim running and the ability to take some pressure off Clark so that she doesn’t need to take on the defense by herself, at times.

CC had a sub-par game. Poor shooting percentage, not many rebounds and assist to turnover was horrible. It ids pre-season and she will settle in. BTW, I didn't watch the game and probably won't watch any of them.
I didn't watch the game either and I can tell you that she didn't have a sub-par game.

Stats don't lie.......

• Love
Reactions: Franisdaman
I enjoyed watching the game but found the piped in music and chants annoying. I prefer just the normal crowd noise from college, I guess missing cheerleaders in WNBA may be a part of the problem where they need to try to generate atmosphere.

Reactions: Franisdaman
40% shooting isn't good, only 3 rebounds, 2 assists is way subpar her game, 5 turnovers, and 4 fouls - she is much better than that. Her game was way off. I do expect her to be more Clark-like.
She needs the ball in her hands more to create and be more like "herself".

40% shooting isn't good, only 3 rebounds, 2 assists is way subpar her game, 5 turnovers, and 4 fouls - she is much better than that. Her game was way off. I do expect her to be more Clark-like.
Her first half was stellar, and then she picked up a couple of quick fouls in the 3rd quarter, which I thought were pretty cheap, given how the game was being reffed to that point. She sat most of the 3rd quarter and the lead she helped build dissipated. When she was brought back in, in the 4th quarter, it seemed like the Fever was a bit desperate and discombobulated. In my opinion she then had to try to force the issue on a few plays that did not go well. In the end she had her shit thrown on an attempted layup, which was a good no-call. She then had to try to heave up a 3 with less than a second left on the clock.

Taking all of that into account, given her short time with the team and them playing short-handed, I thought she played a great game with what she had to work with. Most of the world agreed, using terms like "stunning" and "stellar". You are the only person I have seen calling her performance subpar. The only way it was subpar is if you compare to the brilliant performances she delivered down the stretch in the college game. So, subpar compared to her collegiate crescendo, but great for a WNBA rookie in her first preseason game with a new team. With that being said, she has definite room for improvement.

She needs the ball in her hands more to create and be more like "herself".
It is hard to say, but I generally agree. As their coach said, Clark was run ragged fighting through all of the double teams and physical defense. It would have been less tiring if she had some reliable outside shooters to dish to. On the other hand, if she can mix it up not having the ball and running off screens, she might get some easy looks from deep.

With the quickness of WNBA guards, teams will challenge her full court if she's the primary ball handler & she'll have to expend a bunch of energy doing that as well. I thought the way they used her in the 1st half was smart. She had 16 pts, was 4-8 from 3, & they led 48-40. Her foul trouble & the Fever slowing the pace were the issues in the 2nd half. It will interesting to see how the offense flows when Mitchell is back. She'll get 10-12 shots per game.

Reactions: hawkeye_wx
40% shooting isn't good, (Sure it is) only 3 rebounds (She's not getting paid to rebound the ball..... ;)), 2 assists is way subpar her game (Then tell her teammates to f***ing make more shots..........), 5 turnovers (BAU), and 4 fouls (The refs were biased.)- she is much better than that. Her game was way off. (No it wasn't) I do expect her to be more Clark-like.
Caitlin Clark > your version of Caitlin Clark

Reactions: nu2u
Someone above mentioned rebounds among other things that were not good for CC. At Iowa, I think she played forward on defense most if not all of the time. That puts her in a better position to get rebounds.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT