6-15 (40%) overall shooting

4-5 (80%) FTs

21 Points
3 Defensive Rebounds
2 Assists

2 Steals

4 Turnovers
4 Fouls
2 assists is pretty low for Caitlin ? Were her teammates struggling to finish ?

I know it is just preseason, and it is literally my first watched WNBA game so I'm no exert, but I have a feeling that the level of play isn't going to be drastically better than match-ups between top 25 NCAA women's teams. Better, but not hugely better. Seems like the gap between top 25 NCAA women's teams and the WNBA is significantly less than the gap between top 25 NCAA men's teams and the NBA. We have really been lucky to watch some amazing Iowa teams under coach Bluder the last couple of years.

2 assists is pretty low for Caitlin ? Were her teammates struggling to finish ?
Not a great game for Caitlin - only 2 assists. Did she ever have a game during her entire college career with only 2 assists?

I know it is just preseason, and it is literally my first watched WNBA game so I'm no exert, but I have a feeling that the level of play isn't going to be drastically better than match-ups between top 25 NCAA women's teams. Better, but not hugely better. Seems like the gap between top 25 NCAA women's teams and the WNBA is significantly less than the gap between top 25 NCAA men's teams and the NBA. We have really been lucky to watch some amazing Iowa teams under coach Bluder the last couple of years.
Agreed. I honestly would've rather had Kate, Hannah, and Gabbie on the floor than whoever was playing on the Fever.

Not a great game for Caitlin - only 2 assists. Did she ever have a game during her entire college career with only 2 assists?
It's a different paced offense. She ran the point a lot less than college. On top of that she sat for 12 minutes, instead of like 2 minutes like in college.

And as others said, some people missed some buckets which would have put her around 5

I'm hoping they were just trying to get a feel for the game and get in a rhythm because the defense was....lackluster for long periods of time during that game from both teams. Guess we'll find out if it's a one off thing or not.

Reactions: MplsHawk
Anyone else not very impressed with Boston? I thought she'd be more involved, but we couldn't rebound at all.

Reactions: MplsHawk
there were a few cases of that; the Fever only had 14 total assists

also, there was at least 1 time when the Fever player was not looking for the pass and CC was charged with the resulting turnover
Not sure if this is the same one but there was one where NaLyssa Smith was tackled going for a perfect pass from CC that went as a turnover. Should have been a foul.

For their first preseason game without their leading returning scorer on the floor, they looked better than I expected. Wheeler looked great & quick. They'll need to play 10 if they push the pace like tonight.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT