ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Caitlin/Fever/Kate/Meg Games Mega Thread***

What a horrible, horrible loss. Only a total collapse could have lost that game and that's what happened. The Fever offense over the last several minutes was criminal. Clark was scorching and I don't think she got a single shot.
They're just not a very physical team overall. That's where this game was lost.

Smith got her lunch stolen and then had to watch Reese eat it in front of her. That was the kind of a performance you don't come back from...........

The Fever are a better team than Chicago, but if Chicago is allowed to own the paint and keep them from running clean offense, and the Fever decide not to make open shots when they're wide open, then this is what you get.

Indiana needs to figure out what Chicago did to take Clark out of the game in the 4th quarter and come up with a counter. None of that should have mattered though because I feel like Indiana had something like 10 missed uncontested layups and that doesn't include the passes they dropped that should have ended up in baskets too.
Those bagging on Clark in this thread need to understand that.

Clark made a long three with 7:12 left in the game to put the Fever up 80-68. Clark took one more shot the entire rest of the game.... ONE SHOT! That is criminally negligent.
This times a million!!! I believe our last 5 possessions saw Caitlin with three touches and three quick passes. That’s not what your best player does at clutch time.

She wasn't even looking for her shot. Passing ahead to Wallace at the end was a huge mistake. She should have taken it herself to the rim.
What she needs to do is start figuring out in practice who is giving her the ball back, adjust to that and play off that when working off the ball and wanting it back to find her shot.

I would say of the starters, the most likely is Boston.

Samuelson has too much of a deer in the headlights feeling to her, otherwise I would lean her. Boston is typically quick to get Caitlin the ball back if she can't score or drive off the P&R, so she needs to figure out how to free herself up off the ball quickly once she finds Boston at the top of the key if they aren't looking to establish the screen.

There isn't another player in their main rotation I trust to get the ball back to Clark so she can shoot.

Sure as hell not Smith, Wheeler or Wallace and lololol at Mitchell.

What she needs to do is start figuring out in practice who is giving her the ball back, adjust to that and play off that when working off the ball and wanting it back to find her shot.

I would say of the starters, the most likely is Boston.

Samuelson has too much of a deer in the headlights feeling to her, otherwise I would lean her. Boston is typically quick to get Caitlin the ball back if she can't score or drive off the P&R, so she needs to figure out how to free herself up off the ball quickly once she finds Boston at the top of the key if they aren't looking to establish the screen.

There isn't another player in their main rotation I trust to get the ball back to Clark so she can shoot.

Sure as hell not Smith, Wheeler or Wallace and lololol at Mitchell.
Hull needs more minutes to see what she can do. Sit Wallace forever. Need Temi back in a bad way.

Swoopes is about as big a racist as you can get.

Screenshot-2024-02-05-at-10.44.16%E2%80%AFAM-e1707147929961.png
That’s obvious…Reese said after the game that Swoopes has been there for her all year giving her advice…any reason why Swoopes couldn’t do that for Clark as well?

The Fever needed the Clark we saw in LA against the Sparks. She launched and hit two dagger threes down the stretch to put the game away. Today she kept giving up the ball and it backfired.

They're just not a very physical team overall. That's where this game was lost.

Smith got her lunch stolen and then had to watch Reese eat it in front of her. That was the kind of a performance you don't come back from...........

The Fever are a better team than Chicago, but if Chicago is allowed to own the paint and keep them from running clean offense, and the Fever decide not to make open shots when they're wide open, then this is what you get.
cc5bcbc44907efaffa2e9d90024dce16.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT