ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Caitlin/Fever/Kate/Meg Games Mega Thread***

In order to try to keep the doubles off of her, the coach needs to teach players to set good hard (not moving) screens. Boston didn't even make the attempt to set one on the last play. What did Sides "draw up?"
Clark needs to come tight off those screens also. Was the same problem w/ the Hawks the past few years.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
cc5bcbc44907efaffa2e9d90024dce16.jpg
I don't know what this means but f*** Wisconsin.

Welp, sure Chicago and AR and even Swoopes will have a little to crow about now but at least Indiana is still up 2-1.

And yeah Caitlin could have been a little more aggressive, but now hopefully she will feel she has complete license at the end of the game. Otoh, Sides may think otherwise, but eff her in that case!

She looked afraid to shoot the ball at the end. Like she wanted no part of it…

She wasn't even looking for her shot. Passing ahead to Wallace at the end was a huge mistake. She should have taken it herself to the rim.

The Fever needed the Clark we saw in LA.... Today she kept giving up the ball and it backfired.

It wasn’t but I agree with @EvilMonkeyInTheCloset about her mindset. She had the ball in her hands the entire 2nd half and got way too passive.

She’s the pt guard and had the ball in her hands on every possession. A lot of that is on her.

I agree, she has gotten too passive at times. She seems to be relying on her teammates to make some plays...unfortunately they're not, today anyway
I think Clark plays the way she does in order to keep her minutes. Coach has a corvette but wants to drive it like an F-250. Sides has been keeping a tight rein on Clark. Sat for last Qtr and a half a couple games ago, wants CC to be more of a 2-guard (except that she appreciates her assists and court vision), has to keep the lockerroom b/c a lot of those players think they're AR and the team revolves around them, etc. Anyone can tell Clark is frustrated w/ how her coach runs her and the offense. Some good examples of video from todays game.

I think Clark plays the way she does in order to keep her minutes. Coach has a corvette but wants to drive it like an F-250. Sides has been keeping a tight rein on Clark. Sat for last Qtr and a half a couple games ago, wants CC to be more of a 2-guard (except that she appreciates her assists and court vision), has to keep the lockerroom b/c a lot of those players think they're AR and the team revolves around them, etc. Anyone can tell Clark is frustrated w/ how her coach runs her and the offense. Some good examples of video from todays game.
How much do you think cc misses Bluder

Hell, her whole iowa team for that matter

After watching the highlights today and reading this thread.....

The constant inability to catch passes that would lead to easy baskets and the inability to convert easy baskets when they do catch them costs this team a lot. CC would have a ton more assists and way less TOs if her team could catch the ball and make bunnies.

Wallace just seems to suck, like almost every game.

Nalyssa Smith is absolutely pathetic at post defense. Made Reese look like a dynamo.

Mitchell has the good player on a bad team mentality. I'm going to get mine because we suck anyway.

Sides is a below average coach for sure.

This team needs a big to go with Boston who can rebound and play defense. They need players who can catch passes and convert in transition. They need a better coach who can get people to play team basketball and knows actual coaching strategies.

I’m as big a fan of CC as anyone but I think we have enough evidence after 18 games that nothing excites her more than her own buckets. Call me out if I’m wrong but when the Fever score on big plays where she’s not involved she doesn’t seem as animated as her teammates. Easy for me to say as a viewer looking at a TV screen

I’m as big a fan of CC as anyone but I think we have enough evidence after 18 games that nothing excites her more than her own buckets. Call me out if I’m wrong but when the Fever score on big plays where she’s not involved she doesn’t seem as animated as her teammates. Easy for me to say as a viewer looking at a TV screen
I would guess at this point that if a teammate scores, it's more a feeling of relief than anything.

She was pretty happy when Mitchell made the 4 point play.

Same as every player that ever played basketball.

I kind of agree. Been noticing that too.

How much do you think cc misses Bluder

Hell, her whole iowa team for that matter
Fever quit playing about 4 minutes into the 4th quarter. It looked like they were playing not to lose with a slow motion offense - walking the ball up the court and then milking the shot clock. At one point they went six minutes while scoring only 2 points. Caitlin played 40 minutes and only took 11 shots!

We were spoiled with cc and the hawk women. They all really enjoyed playing together and were really excited when a teammate made a good play. Although cc never really was a super animated player when her teammates did well, that was just the way she was. This fever team has no such camaraderie feel to it

Reactions: VodkaSam
We were spoiled with cc and the hawk women. They all really enjoyed playing together and were really excited when a teammate made a good play. Although cc never really was a super animated player when her teammates did well, that was just the way she was. This fever team has no such camaraderie feel to it

Now I am worried that @EvilMonkeyInTheCloset expects NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP game appearances every year! ;)

CC might need to pull a "LeBron" and speak with ownership about a new HC.

It's clear Sides has never had a "go to" player and doesn't know how to utilize the one she now has.

I suspect that there's some tension in the locker room after today's debacle.

This. Doesn't seem to be real thrilled with Sides is some of those clips. Does ownership what CC playing at her best or doing whatever the eff Sides is dreaming up?

so the last play was executed perfectly according to design... Boston just missed the shot.

that's Sides go-to with the game on the line ?

if I was the coach... I'd like my chances more if Clark shot a 40 footer
There was an option for CC on the play. She gave it up too early. There was plenty of time for her to keep it and get a good look

Reactions: littlez
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT