ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Caitlin/Fever/Kate/Meg Games Mega Thread***

Plum shooting so efficiently and getting a very impressive 34 while Caitlin seems to struggle from the field every game is maddening. That trademark triple is just not falling like it used to. We all saw it with our own eyes these past 4 years: CC can shoot, but these first 21 games haven’t been so kind.
Maybe because she's been playing non-stop since October.

Plum shooting so efficiently and getting a very impressive 34 while Caitlin seems to struggle from the field every game is maddening. That trademark triple is just not falling like it used to. We all saw it with our own eyes these past 4 years: CC can shoot, but these first 21 games haven’t been so kind.
You do realize Plum was 1-8 from the field and 0-4 from three her last game, right? Shooters have off nights.

Plum also has how many Olympic teammates? Helps to not be face guarded 90 ft from the basket.

Clark is clearly frustrated and it's probably snowballing a bit with her shooting.

best friends friendship GIF

The opposing vets are good. Seems like every night things go their way. Like all season.

I’m well aware the league has put the clamps on CC for 40 mins every night. She gets nothing for free. She gets everyone’s best shot and damn if she could just get more open looks.

I’m biased but it seems like if a few things were fixed with this team then CC should be averaging 25 and 10 and the Fever would be winning more often than not.

That 10-0 stretch the Aces had in the 4th quarter killed the Fever tonight. Indiana had waaaaay too many missed open shot opportunities and missed layups. I feel like Clark gets too much of the blame for losses sometimes. No one for Indiana had a good shooting night. That probably had a lot to do with the defense LV was playing on them. The coaches need to come up with an answer for whatever the Aces did tonight. It could also be that they are just really good at defense.

The opposing vets are good. Seems like every night things go their way. Like all season.

I’m well aware the league has put the clamps on CC for 40 mins every night. She gets nothing for free. She gets everyone’s best shot and damn if she could just get more open looks.

I’m biased but it seems like if a few things were fixed with this team then CC should be averaging 25 and 10 and the Fever would be winning more often than not.
It would help, for starters, if their offensive sets weren't nonexistent trash.

She is rushing her shots needs to slow down her form she is throwing versus shooting

Fantastic game by Plum. She has a nice tight stroke and her overall game is tight and efficient.

But man, like so many other star guards, she gets a lot of wide open looks. Great for her. But the Fever, as presently constituted, will never get this done for any player other than the brick layers. Somewhere a trade union is very happy.

Last edited:
Definitely need a new coach, and one who will let Clark run the offense. Mitchell needs to go. Heck, trade her for Kate Martin. Sure she always gets "hers" point wise, but she is selfish. 1 assist for a guard? Seriously?

Despite Sides claiming Caitlin has the green light to shoot, it would not surprise me if she told her in no uncertain terms that she needed to be pass first, shoot second.

The 4th quarter disappearances is puzzling. That is NOT like Clark. Either her confidence is shot (which is contrary to what she has been her entire life), or she is doing what Sides is telling her to do. I think the latter is more likely.

And Caitlin had a double double. Stats. You play one of the best teams in the league and you need to show up for the whole game. They fell far short of doing so. I think that was fairly apparent. I thought the intensity was missing.
They played the best team in the league (by far), I’m not sure what people expected. The Fever are a bad team and they were playing a great team…I thought they hung in there well, but the lopsided talent level eventually wore them down.

Definitely need a new coach, and one who will let Clark run the offense. Mitchell needs to go. Heck, trade her for Kate Martin. Sure she always gets "hers" point wise, but she is selfish. 1 assist for a guard? Seriously?

Despite Sides claiming Caitlin has the green light to shoot, it would not surprise me if she told her in no uncertain terms that she needed to be pass first, shoot second.

The 4th quarter disappearances is puzzling. That is NOT like Clark. Either her confidence is shot (which is contrary to what she has been her entire life), or she is doing what Sides is telling her to do. I think the latter is more likely.
I love me some Kate Martin but she really wouldn't help and Mitchell has more trade value than that. If they could get a good shooter for Mitchell that doesn't dominate the ball and never pass that would be awesome.

?? Sides has publicly said she wants CC to shoot more. Don't over complicate the answer... CC is getting guarded by elite athletes and doesn't have as clean a look as she had in college. She's likely not quite trusting her shots, along with wanting to play the role of true PG, so she's looking for her teammates. She will adjust and I suspect she will be much better next year. The real question is why isn't she driving more and that is on Sides and the offensive scheme.

Just 12 shot attempts for Clark. Unbelievable how she isn't hunting for her shot more.

The one with the shot clock running out and was trying to pass to Boston was unbelievable.... maybe she didn't know the clock wasn't that low.... but gotta let it fly.
Agree, that was bizarre. It was like her head wasn't in the game at that point. Also, the end of the 3rd quarter she should have let one go from near half court. They are always shooting that one in practice, but she didn't pull the trigger. She passed it to Mitchell who didn't have enough time to do anything with it. Mitchell even told her to shoot it.

I also thought she was drifting around the top of the key too much when the play wasn't designed to go to her. She's not moving to bail her teammates out and isn't in position for a catch and shoot. Would prefer she just went to the corner and be ready to shoot. I understand she's going to take a defender and let the rest go 4v4, but she's not doing anything but being a decoy and she's leaving herself 1v1 on the runout when her team turns it over or misses badly.

The difference I saw in the shooting was Plum was usually wide open and had time to setup. Clark always had someone glued to her. She had to pass and the only shots she got off were usually well behind the line. She also gets fouled alot on those attempts and few get called.

Cc doesn’t go back door often enough. Everyone over plays her
She needs to find some finishing moves other than the running one footer on the right side of the court. For a superior passer she needs to learn how to play off two feet so she can pass or go up and under.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
?? Sides has publicly said she wants CC to shoot more. Don't over complicate the answer... CC is getting guarded by elite athletes and doesn't have as clean a look as she had in college. She's likely not quite trusting her shots, along with wanting to play the role of true PG, so she's looking for her teammates. She will adjust and I suspect she will be much better next year. The real question is why isn't she driving more and that is on Sides and the offensive scheme.
I stated Sides has said Clark needs to shoot more. But she isn't. Why, I don't know. Just speculating. All I know is, something, for some reason...is off.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT