ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Caitlin/Fever/Kate/Meg Games Mega Thread***

Anyone else ever go back and watch CC's buzzer beaters? I really don't know what happened to her three. It just feels like she's broken.
With the amount of contact that is allowed on the perimeter, combined with defenders being more athletic it shouldn't be a surprise her % is lower. She shot 38% last year at Iowa & is at 34% so far while being defended unlike any other player in the league. She was 5-9 against Chicago & 3-7 against Seattle before two poor shooting games against Phoenix and LV. Curious what you think she should be at?

She is taking what she gets, and that isn't much. she's used to creating her own shot with that dribble step-back, but it's just not working, so she's going to have to find comfort shooting the ball in new rhythms. Hasn't happened yet, and likely not going to happen this year.

*I think some of you forget that she struggled quite a bit trying to find her shot back in March, with exception to a few quarters (and the LSU game) very similar to what you see now.

She needs a pull-up shot. That is consistently there for her, and she never takes it.
If the Fever could add another deadly 3 point shooter that defends,they would be much improved. CC attracts so much attention,that shooter could feast.

With the amount of contact that is allowed on the perimeter, combined with defenders being more athletic it shouldn't be a surprise her % is lower. She shot 38% last year at Iowa & is at 34% so far while being defended unlike any other player in the league. She was 5-9 against Chicago & 3-7 against Seattle before two poor shooting games against Phoenix and LV. Curious what you think she should be at?
Her shot seemed more consistent and confident in college. There have been a number of times where she's had an open look and she misses, happened against the Aces last night I believe. I do think better defenses and constant face guarding play a big factor though. She also seems less confident in general shooting ball, giving it up to other players or not even attempting a shot. Ultimately I think with time off during the off season, gaining some muscle, and getting a better offensive scheme that works with her style of play will help her improve. Unfortunately she can only control two of those three things. Sides isn't the answer for Clark. I just hope the Fever realize that soon.

Her shot seemed more consistent and confident in college. There have been a number of times where she's had an open look and she misses, happened against the Aces last night I believe. I do think better defenses and constant face guarding play a big factor though. She also seems less confident in general shooting ball, giving it up to other players or not even attempting a shot. Ultimately I think with time off during the off season, gaining some muscle, and getting a better offensive scheme that works with her style of play will help her improve. Unfortunately she can only control two of those three things. Sides isn't the answer for Clark. I just hope the Fever realize that soon.
I would take into consideration who's she being defended by as well. 3 games against likely defensive player of the year Dijonai Carrington, 3 against Laney Hamilton, 2 vs Jackie Young, Diggins Smith & Jordan Horston Seattle, Copper & Cloud from Phoenix. These are high level defensive players.

69%

• Wow
Reactions: ddeanHawk
Not a fair comparison for Angel, her games weren’t moved to bigger arenas…….

Were they playing in 3,500 seat gyms? And why didn’t Atlanta move the Sky game to a bigger arena? Just questions. I’m sure there are answers.

Cid, you are wrong; it's absolutely a fair comparison.

Brother nailed it. On May 16 Atlanta announced that BOTH Fever games were being moved to a bigger arena because of the overwhelming demand. There simply is not the demand for Angel and the Sky.

The story from the AP:

Atlanta Dream moving 2 games vs. Caitlin Clark-led Fever to NBA arena

• Associated Press
May 16, 2024, 11:55 AM ET

ATLANTA -- To accommodate much larger crowds, the Atlanta Dream are moving their two regular-season home games against Caitlin Clark and the Indiana Fever to the home of the NBA's Hawks.

The Dream's regular venue, 3,500-seat Gateway Center Arena near the city's airport, is the smallest in the WNBA. The Hawks play downtown at State Farm Arena, which can hold more than 17,000.

Atlanta is scheduled to host the Fever on June 21 and Aug. 26. Those games will feature the last three No. 1 overall picks in the WNBA draft: Clark and her teammate Aliyah Boston, as well as Dream star Rhyne Howard.

"Atlanta Dream fans are the best in the WNBA," team president and COO Morgan Shaw Parker said in a statement. "Their passion and excitement led us to the most sellouts in the league over the last two years and has created a demand for tickets that far outpaces the supply inside our current arena, which is why we wanted to find a way to give more fans access to experience these two games."

Clark's record-setting college career ahead of her draft by the Fever has sparked unprecedented interest in the WNBA. She scored 20 points but committed 10 turnovers in her first professional game, a loss at Connecticut on Tuesday.

Atlanta opened the season Wednesday with a 92-81 victory at Los Angeles.

The Dream played at State Farm Arena, formerly known as Philips Arena, from their founding in 2008 until 2016, when the team moved to Georgia Tech's campus arena for two seasons. After returning to the Hawks' arena in 2019, the team moved to the new Gateway Center Arena in nearby College Park the following year.

The largest crowd in franchise history was 11,609 for the inaugural game against the Detroit Shock in 2008. The Dream hope to eclipse that mark for both games against the Fever.

In April, the Dream became the second team in WNBA history to sell its entire season-ticket allotment. Ten of its 20 games at Gateway Center Arena are already listed as sellouts.

"We are excited to welcome our loyal Dream fan base, along with new fans, to State Farm Arena," coach Tanisha Wright said. "We want to create the ultimate home-court advantage and pack the house with red and blue as we work toward another playoff push this year."

Reactions: longliveCS40
I would ass
Washington (5-15) is playing at Las Vegas (11-6) right now.

On May 31st, 34 year old guard Tiffany Hayes came out of retirement and signed with the Aces. She and 36 year old Alysha Clark are the first 2 Aces players off the bench. 24 year old Kate Martin was the 3rd Aces player off the bench.
ume Kate views this year as a learning year to get herself established. The guards ahead of her are much older and may not be around next year. Quite honestly, the Fever should trade for her as Caitlin needs her buddy.

Washington (5-15) is playing at Las Vegas (11-6) right now.

On May 31st, 34 year old guard Tiffany Hayes came out of retirement and signed with the Aces. She and 36 year old Alysha Clark are the first 2 Aces players off the bench. 24 year old Kate Martin was the 3rd Aces player off the bench.

The Aces improved to 12-6 with their 98-77 win tonight over Washington (5-16).

2 players are now affecting Kate Martin's minutes:

(1) On May 31st, 34 year old guard Tiffany Hayes came out of retirement.
..........Hayes' stats tonight: 27 minutes, 0-1 (0%) from three, 2-2 (100%) from two, 2-2 (100%) FTs for 6 points, 3 assists, and 2 rebounds.

(2) 31 year old guard Chelsea Gray played tonight for the 6th time this season.
..........Gray's stats tonight: 21 minutes, 2-4 (50%) from three, 0-0 (0%) from two, 2-2 (100%) FTs for 8 points, 5 assists, 1 steal and 2 rebounds.

Hawkeye stats:

.......................Kate..........Megan

Mins.................14...................17

From 3:...........0-1..................1-2
From 2:...........0-2...............3-3

Overall
Shooting:
.......0-3 (0%)...4-5 (80%)

FTs...................0-0...............0-0

Points................0.....................9
Rebounds.........1......................6
Assists..............1.......................2