ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Caitlin/Fever/Kate/Meg Games Mega Thread***

or you're just back pedaling.... ;)
Very high probability of no...... I will put you on the 'type slower for them list' ;)
I have had some fairly humorous facebook exchanges on the angel front....... 'they are here to see angel'....me 'all 3,360 of them? type of stuff. Trust me, if I am factually wrong I will admit it.

Right now, both are putting up deserving stats, yet different.
Comparing rebounding consistency vs assists/turnovers is not an easy metric.
If one team makes the playoffs and the other doesn’t, it’s a fair factor to measure to close stat lines.
However, there is still a half season left to differentiate and standout.

Right now, both are putting up deserving stats, yet different.
Comparing rebounding consistency vs assists/turnovers is not an easy metric.
If one team makes the playoffs and the other doesn’t, it’s a fair factor to measure to close stat lines.
However, there is still a half season left to differentiate and standout.

Using your eyes to see that one player is being tightly guarded before crossing half court, while the other is allowed to run free. Reese has another great post player to occupy bodies to allow her rebounds and put backs...plus the multiple rebound your own shots that happen multiple times a game.

Reese is playing well (would gladly have he on the Fever, if she didn't bring all the attitude), but she's not in the same stratosphere as CC.

I swear Reese gets every call. CC gets mugged down the court every possession with no call, meanwhile Reese gets breathed on and Seattle gets a foul. Reese with 16 pts and 6 RBs at the half.

Jewell Loyd was 1-5 with 5 points a few minutes ago. Fever could use some defensive tips
She was trash tonight against the Sky. Funny how that seems to work for them.

Btw, opposing teams really need to stop f***ing allowing Reese to score and get rebounds.

The defenders in college did a better job at guarding her and keeping her "off the boards" than these f***ing grown women Diana Taurasi told us about................

Try f***ing harder, please.

Anyone seen kate martins girlfriend Holy shit
Obligatory pic.
screenshot-2024-06-23-at-114100pm.jpg

Reese with 27 points. 9 or 10 rebounds. The broadcast said she had 10, other stats say she had 9. She was 2-2 from 3 point range.
Well, that should ensure that I'm throwing a bet on her to win ROTY before those odds get any lower.

If Clark is gonna get clamped down and prevented from winning it, then I might as well get some money out of this horsesh**.

Chicago winning at Seattle is a big win for them. The Fever are getting blown out when playing good teams on the road. Heck, the Fever got blown out by Seattle at home. Even the lowly Sparks beat the Aces at home tonight. The Fever are going to have to start winning some home games against good teams. Saturday's game vs the Liberty is a good time to start. Another blowout loss to the Liberty will look pretty bad.

The Aces fell to 12-7 after last night's 98-93 loss to Los Angeles (5-15).

2 players are now affecting Kate Martin's minutes:

(1) On May 31st, 34 year old guard Tiffany Hayes came out of retirement.
..........Hayes' stats last night: 10 minutes, 0-1 (0%) from three, 1-2 (50%) from two, 0-0 (0%) FTs for 2 points, 1 assist, and 2 rebounds.

(2) 31 year old guard Chelsea Gray played last night for the 7th time this season.
..........Gray's stats last night: 29 minutes, 0-3 (0%) from three, 1-6 (17%) from two, 1-1 (100%) FTs for 3 points, 6 assists and 3 rebounds.

Hawkeye stats:

.......................Kate..........Megan

Mins.................17.....................4

From 3:...........2-3..............0-0
From 2:...........0-0................1-1

Overall
Shooting:
.......2-3 (67%)...1-1 (100%)

FTs...................0-0...............0-0

Points................6.....................2
Rebounds.........3.....................1
Assists..............2.....................0
Steals................0.....................0
Blocks...............0.....................0

Turnovers.........0....................0
Fouls..................2.....................2

The Fever have five more games before the Olympics break.

vs Liberty
vs Mystics
vs Mercury
@ Lynx
@ Wings

The Fever need to win at least three of these games (in bold). Today's game vs the Liberty, at home, is the kind of game a mid-tier team needs to steal, but the Fever have been totally uncompetitive with the Liberty this season so a win is unlikely. Turnovers will probably kill them again.

The Fever have five more games before the Olympics break.

vs Liberty
vs Mystics
vs Mercury
@ Lynx
@ Wings

The Fever need to win at least three of these games (in bold). Today's game vs the Liberty, at home, is the kind of game a mid-tier team needs to steal, but the Fever have been totally uncompetitive with the Liberty this season so a win is unlikely. Turnovers will probably kill them again.
That and missing layups,missing wide open 3s and not catching CCs laser passes.

Conspiracy theorist in me says that teams are allowing Reese to get her numbers to win the ROY so CC cannot.
I think it’s more about Cardosa occupying the other team’s biggest player which frees Reese up. In the six games prior to Cardosa playing, Reese had one double double and it wasn’t a real impressive double double.

I think a lot of people are going to be surprised when the league does not get the huge TV contract they think they’re going to get. I’m not sure how much a TV station is willing to shell out for a league that only has one player that draws a large audience.
Magic and Bird made college and professional basketball fantastically successful. I don’t see why the same can’t happen with the the WNBA. The key is to keep building on what has already started. The rivalry between CC and Reese is good for the game.

Magic and Bird made college and professional basketball fantastically successful. I don’t see why the same can’t happen with the the WNBA. The key is to keep building on what has already started. The rivalry between CC and Reese is good for the game.

I guess we're gonna see what would have happened if instead of Bird and Magic we had Bird and Tree Rollins.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT