ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Caitlin/Fever/Kate/Meg Games Mega Thread***

WTF I'm at work and just turned the game on.

How did we get so far behind a bad team? CC appears to have great stats.

UGH

Hell of a comeback despite the loss. Caitlin and Lexie the bright spots, while Boston couldn't do anything and Mitchell was just horrendous between missed shots and turnovers. Going to have to wash this one.

So is Clark's individual game good enough to want to watch this thing tonight?
Not sure about that. You will absolutely have steam shooting out of your ears watching a replay of this game. I recommend just watching a Fever highlights video on YouTube, which will have 30 minutes of awfulness stripped out.

Last edited:
The box score shows that this game was mostly Clark for the Fever. Boston had her worst game in several weeks, scoring only 6 points. Mitchell had 15 points with 0-8 from 3pt range.

The Mystics came in with a 5-17 record, and only 1-10 on the road. This really is a terrible loss.

Last edited:
Watching the Indiana Fever while trying to maintain your sanity be like:

Betting Bbc GIF

Reactions: DTP2
Clark had 5 fouls and they were going to foul.
They were going for the steal first and Clark leads the team in steals. If that failed, let someone else foul. It's not hard. If it a big deal, why was Boston was in there with 5 fouls. Sides is simply a dummy.

They were going for the steal first and Clark leads the team in steals. If that failed, let someone else foul. It's not hard. If it a big deal, why was Boston was in there with 5 fouls. Sidea is simply a dummy.
There’s reasons to blame Sides but that’s not one of them. We were going to foul. CC was coming right back in the game. Now…her not touching the ball on the last possession? Coaching for sure…

There’s reasons to blame Sides but that’s not one of them. We were going to foul. CC was coming right back in the game. Now…her not touching the ball on the last possession? Coaching for sure…
Your wrong. They were going for a steal. And Clark is most likely to get it. They had other players to take the intentional foul.

The Fever are the worst rebounding and defensive team in the league. No one can convince me otherwise.

Everyone points and laughs at me when I say Boston isn't a true center, but it's true whether people like it or not. We need a huge body to help down low. That's why I wish we drafted Cardoso.
????? And what, not draft Clark? You realize that Cardosa was the 3rd pick and was NEVER going to there when the Fever picked a second time. In what world would they have got both players?

Losing at home to teams like Washington (now 6-17) should be unacceptable to everyone in the Fever organization.

Indiana trailed by 21 points heading into the 4th qtr and lost by 5 (89-84).

Caitlin's stats:

38 minutes (of 40 possible)

5-9 (56%) from 3
2-5 (40%) from 2
7-14 (50%) overall shooting

10-11 (91%) FTs

29 Points
13 Assists
5 Rebounds (1 offensive)
5 Steals

3 Blocks

Losing at home to teams like Washington (now 6-17) should be unacceptable to everyone in the Fever organization.

Caitlin's stats:

5-9 (56%) from 3
2-5 (40%) from 2

10-11 (91%) FTs

29 Points
13 Assists
5 Rebounds (1 offensive)
5 Steals

3 Blocks
And at a minimum, involved in 65% of the Fever's points today (minimum because I don't know how many of her assists were for 3's)

Caitlin's stats:

5-9 (56%) from 3
2-5 (40%) from 2

10-11 (91%) FTs

29 Points
13 Assists
5 Rebounds (1 offensive)
5 Steals

3 Blocks
2 offensive rebounds in total for the fever. Caitlin with one and Boston with one.

Sides is seriously stupid. Clark is the most likely Fever to get a steal, so . . . take her out. Final play designed to do what? Boston for a three?

I could be wrong but it looked like Clark was running like crazy to get a look at a 3. They just guarded her very well.

Once again, I could be wrong.

• Haha
Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
Carter got the rebound and I presume got it to Reese and the Dream stupidly intentionally fouled her with the game in hand so she could shoot her two FTs and get a double double.
Wait… seriously? That is how it looks on the play-by-play log. Fouled with 6 seconds left and Dream were down 7.

Guess that Double-Double record is comparable to the Cornhuskers football sell out record now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT