ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Caitlin/Fever/Kate/Meg Games Mega Thread***

CC has 175 assists on the year. The WNBA record for total assists in a season is 316. She would need 142 more assists to break that record. She would need to average 8.35 assists over the last 17 games to do it. With the way she has been racking up assists in recent games, that’s doable I think.

On the season now:

ASSISTS PER GAME

CC has 175 assists on the year. The WNBA record for total assists in a season is 316. She would need 142 more assists to break that record. She would need to average 8.35 assists over the last 17 games to do it. With the way she has been racking up assists in recent games, that’s doable I think.

On the season now:

ASSISTS PER GAME

Averaging 9.7 in her last 10 games.
10.75 in the four games against CT, Sea, LV, and NY.

She’s got a shot.

On the season now:

ASSISTS PER GAME

Yeah but how many consecutive double doubles does she have??

On the season now:

ASSISTS PER GAME

Bt my math, she needs 12 per game to hit 400, which would give her her 10 per game, which would give her the highest assists per game on a season ever (some prior seasons played less than r
40 games). As outrageous as that sounds, it is in the realm.

On the season now:

ASSISTS PER GAME

Ionescu set a new WNBA season record with 128 made 3PT baskets last year.

Through 23 games, Clark has made 65 3Pt shots and would need to average 3.8 3PT FGM over the remaining games to surpass Ionescu’s 2023 total.

In any event, Kelsey Plum has been on a tear so far this year and appears to be in good position to smash the record.

Wallace made the Australian Olympic Team. :oops: Lauren Jackson, who is 46 years old, and will also be on the Aussie team. Lady doing the color says that she was told that this player is in the best shape she's ever been. ROTFL.
Edit to show that the color commentator corrected herself after halftime, and said she is 43 years old and not 46.

Last edited:
Bt my math, she needs 12 per game to hit 400, which would give her her 10 per game, which would give her the highest assists per game on a season ever (some prior seasons played less than r
40 games). As outrageous as that sounds, it is in the realm.
After today, Caitlin now has 162 assists on the season. The single season record for anyone (not just rookies) is 316. She needs 155 over 18 games to break it. That’s about 8.6 per game. Not to jinx her, but I think she’s gonna get it.

The Fever schedule was way front end loaded. The back end is a lot more favorable. As an example, of 8 games in September, 6 of them are at home, with the two road games at Dallas and at Washington.

She just averaged 10.8 assists in four games against the Storm, Mercury, Aces, and Liberty, with 3 of those 4 on the road. How does she not get that record? And if she does, how do you not give ROY to the player who sets the single season record in her rookie year?
Posted the above after their win Saturday. 8.6 is now down to 8.35. I really think that barring disaster, she’s gonna surpass 316. I’ll actually be surprised at this point if she doesn’t break it comfortably.

Which she may need to do, as Thomas is right on pace to match or possibly even break her own record. CC needs to do it, have it all to herself, and leave no doubt.

Angel was stuck on 9 points and 13 rebounds. Watch the video below & note the score and time left.

Chicago was up 7, had the ball, and just had to run out the clock.

But no! Angel was desperate and had to get that double double.

She hit both FTs and ended up with 11 points & 13 rebounds

Yeah, but in the history of the WNBA, and NBA, how many players have ever recorded 11 points and 13 rebounds in the same game? I bet it is a very short list.

• Haha
Reactions: longliveCS40
Yeah, but in the history of the WNBA, and NBA, how many players have ever recorded 11 points and 13 rebounds in the same game? I bet it is a very short list.
829B84E1F22FA18A394DCB727C1F643783C9A18D

As I continue to watch the replay, I can't help but highlight how giddy the Washington players get when they are fouled by Clark. It isn't personal, thank goodness.

Since when has the double-double been anything other than a footnote in the box score?

The stat only became relevant when people started trying to make a case for Angel for Rookie of the Year.

Oh, and now Chicago is ahead of Indiana in the standings (by 1 game), so, according to Black ESPN analyst Monica McNUTT, Angel is the current leader for Rookie of the Year

Wallace made the Australian Olympic Team. :oops: Lauren Jackson, who is 46 years old, and will also be on the Aussie team. Lady doing the color says that she was told that this player is in the best shape she's ever been. ROTFL.

I have said it before. I would not be shocked if 46 year old Diana Taurasi is on the 2028 Olympic team.

Just watched the last possession and for the life of me I can't figure out why the rule isn't "If there is less than 20 seconds left on the clock, the ball is in Clark's hands unless they sell out so hard to keep that from happening there is a clear open shot available under the basket". Clark is either going to draw the double team, leaving someone open for Clark to find or she is going to be able to create her own shot and go for 3. This shouldn't be that hard of a concept to figure out.

Well, just finished watching the game. A mountain of turnovers, missed opportunities, and mediocre defense for except maybe the 2nd half. Fever and especially Clark plays well ordinarily, in their transition game. Once they sped up the tempo, good things happened.
Down 17 with 4 minutes to go, they upped the defense and tempo, and it worked well to cut into the deficit to make it a close finish.
I don't mind getting Clark out for a stop early in games, but with 16 seconds left, that's a big fat NO.
I agree with BioHawk, in that, Clark needs the ball in the closing seconds of the game. That way she can go to the rim, shoot, or set somebody else up. Sides, what are you thinking?
Overall rating: 💩💩out of a possible 4 turds, simply due to the comeback effort at the end.

Well, just finished watching the game. A mountain of turnovers, missed opportunities, and mediocre defense for except maybe the 2nd half. Fever and especially Clark plays well ordinarily, in their transition game. Once they sped up the tempo, good things happened.
Down 17 with 4 minutes to go, they upped the defense and tempo, and it worked well to cut into the deficit to make it a close finish.
I don't mind getting Clark out for a stop early in games, but with 16 seconds left, that's a big fat NO.
I agree with BioHawk, in that, Clark needs the ball in the closing seconds of the game. That way she can go to the rim, shoot, or set somebody else up. Sides, what are you thinking?
Overall rating: 💩💩out of a possible 4 turds, simply due to the comeback effort at the end.

They hadn't played in 3 days. That performance was unacceptable...imo ;)

Reactions: Hawksfor3
They hadn't played in 3 days. That performance was unacceptable...imo ;)
I saw that Wallace had like 4 min playing time and scored a bucket. She also turned the ball over twice. This is someone who was selected to an Olympic team. I'm happy she's on the bench now though. Think of it. The year she's had so far, and she's an Olympian.

I wonder if Kevin Durant ever said "this is a spiritual experience" when watching ANY of the 12 players on the 2024 USA Women's Olympic Basketball Team.

Yes, Caitlin being snubbed still pisses me off. :(
She was snubbed from the Olympics just like the idiots will try their damnedest to snub her rookie of the year

Reactions: Franisdaman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT