ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Caitlin/Fever/Kate/Meg Games Mega Thread***

What is intriguing is that a reporter asked Sides in the Post-Game Presser about Smith not starting, and Sides hesitated and said that it was a "Coach's decision." He followed up with the same question basically, and she said the same thing. "Coach's decision and I'll leave it at that." Not a hint of the move.
This sort of thing is something Sides would give the moon and the stars not to have to deal with.

Reactions: Hawksfor3
The question is: Is there a "Team Rule" or something else that addresses situations like this.

There is no way a rule like that would be enforceable. On top of that, women's basketball (and maybe other sports, idk) seems complicated that way with relationships even between teammates. We had that with teammates at Iowa. I think Smith and Carrington were teammates at Baylor too. It is wild to me that the dynamic of relationships between teammates works (what happens to team chemistry after a nasty breakup?), but it seems common in women's basketball.

It would be a very WNBA move to sign a player to scout the Fever when it's beyond clear you just need to double Clark and let her teammates chuck the ball at the backboard as much as they want.
It's funny because that's a counterargument that Angel Reese fans use whenever they cry about fans who allegedly say that Clark shouldn't be guarded so much, along with the argument around the differences between Clark and Reese stating that she's just being guarded the way the scouting report says she should and that it's no different for anyone else (in terms of how they're guarded based on the scouting report). They believe that Reese still gets guarded tough and that Caitlin gets comparable defense played against her based on scouting reports.

I know I'm probably not explaining what they say very well, because to be honest, most of the time their counterarguments are f***ing idiotic anyway.

But hey........we don't know "ball" so we're in the wrong here.

Exactly. Kind of funny acting that bent when someone "doesn't care" about anyone else, But why didn't they draft so and so,,,,,,Huh?
Next time, @ me coward. Again, your logic makes zero sense. If you want an award for knowing the draft order, I'll whip up something quick for you if you'd like. Just because I wanted a quality center like Cardoso doesn't mean I'm yelling and screaming that the Fever should have done so and missed a big opportunity. No one else but CC mattered in the draft, I'll say it as many times as I have to. As long as the Fever get someone who can rebound, I don't care who it is.

You and the other dork can keep quoting me over and over again saying the same nonsense, but nothing you say will convince me otherwise that the Fever need a Center.

There is no way a rule like that would be enforceable. On top of that, women's basketball (and maybe other sports, idk) seems complicated that way with relationships even between teammates. We had that with teammates at Iowa. I think Smith and Carrington were teammates at Baylor too. It is wild to me that the dynamic of relationships between teammates works (what happens to team chemistry after a nasty breakup?), but it seems common in women's basketball.
There was a Tik-Tok video out there with Smith and Carrington talking about a particular game earlier in season. Why post that stuff? Just, at the very least if there are no consequences for it, keep your stuff private.

There was a Tik-Tok video out there with Smith and Carrington talking about a particular game earlier in season. Why post that stuff? Just, at the very least if there are no consequences for it, keep your stuff private.

It is a bad look at times for sure. Shortly after Carrington guarded CC in a game earlier this year, probably with some theatrics but I don't remember for sure, Smith posted about Carrington being her defensive player of the year or something similar. I get that she is Smith's girlfriend, wife or whatever, but that definitely looks bad from where we sit. I do think that CC and Smith have a good relationship though, so I didn't think to much more about it.

It is a bad look at times for sure. Shortly after Carrington guarded CC in a game earlier this year, probably with some theatrics but I don't remember for sure, Smith posted about Carrington being her defensive player of the year or something similar. I get that she is Smith's girlfriend, wife or whatever, but that definitely looks bad from where we sit. I do think that CC and Smith have a good relationship though, so I didn't think to much more about it.
Agree with the bad look part. If there are "Relationships" involving players from different teams, then it becomes more of a Soap Opera than true competition.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT