ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Caitlin/Fever/Kate/Meg Games Mega Thread***

Lol, sorry.

I'm talking liberties, perhaps childishly so, with DiJonai Carrington's first name.
I just googled this. I had no idea those two were dating. I also see there was a dustup over the CC push off in the last game. That was a foul that wasn't called by the way, but I guess MJ got away with a couple of those in iconic moments against the Cavs and Jazz...

I just googled this. I had no idea those two were dating. I also see there was a dustup over the CC push off in the last game. That was a foul that wasn't called by the way, but I guess MJ got away with a couple of those in iconic moments against the Cavs and Jazz...
As far as Caitlin pushing off from this point forward I would just tell her detractors to, as an example, take a look at the literal bear hug Vanloo put on Caitlin. This is the kinda crap Caitlin sees every game. If the refs cleaned up this then I'd be fine with a whistle the other way against Caitlin.

As far as Caitlin pushing off from this point forward I would just tell her detractors to, as an example, take a look at the literal bear hug Vanloo put on Caitlin. This is the kinda crap Caitlin sees every game. If the refs cleaned up this then I'd be fine with a whistle the other way against Caitlin.
Lol, all we've heard is how the WNBA is a full-grown woman's league, it's rough, it's tough, there's contact, players are going to get clubbed in the head in the lane and it's just a basketball play... now these same people are whining about CC pushing off. Too funny.

GSTA7_0WEAADiT2

Reactions: ParkerHawk
You're not the only one who is confused and frustrated. I share your sentiment entirely. Yes, Sides does deserve credit at times, as you've said. Her coaching is at best inconsistent and her rotations and sets are questionable. I believe that you have addressed one of the bigger problems that she has, that she doesn't use Clark the way she should at times, maximizing CC's efficiency. Hopefully this will turn around, but honestly, I'm just not seeing it yet.
The Fever GM should get players who are going to be good in the system. This is Clark's team, and they need to build around her.
Roster flexibility is pretty limited in the W. They already had a set roster when they drafter CC so it's not like the GM can just make these moves on the fly. After the season I'm assuming changes will need to be made. Both Mitchell and Smith are key components and Smith was the number 2 pick in the draft. But I'm just not sure what you do w/either one of them. When Mitchell is on she can really light it up. Smith already seems to be a bit in the doghouse as she's in and out of the starting lineup. Hopefully she still has value to somebody. Samuelson is a nice bench piece but she is not a starter on a good team. I'd say the only 2 players completely safe are CC and Boston.

Roster flexibility is pretty limited in the W. They already had a set roster when they drafter CC so it's not like the GM can just make these moves on the fly. After the season I'm assuming changes will need to be made. Both Mitchell and Smith are key components and Smith was the number 2 pick in the draft. But I'm just not sure what you do w/either one of them. When Mitchell is on she can really light it up. Smith already seems to be a bit in the doghouse as she's in and out of the starting lineup. Hopefully she still has value to somebody. Samuelson is a nice bench piece but she is not a starter on a good team. I'd say the only 2 players completely safe are CC and Boston.
That's the thing - who are they going to get in a trade? There just are not that many gamechangers in the women's game, from what I have observed. You either need to draft one or hope one wants to join you in free agency, and that takes time.

Whoa New women’s basketball forum… Big stuff. Big game tonight I should be back, I had a foray with Twitter for a couple months, but I broke the addiction… it’s awful by the way. Pure poison & as bad as AR nut jobs are, let me tell you something. The hard-core CC fans aren’t any better, in fact they make us look like idiots.

As for the game, They are missing two guards Taurasi of course and Sug Sutton that plays 15 minutes per game and that’s important because Kaleah Copper really did do a pretty good job on her last time, but it crushed her offensive game & she fouled out. I don’t think they’ll let her chase her all a game.

I’d like to see her & the team get on a frenetic tear & never let up. I’ve come to the conclusion when she is sprinting up and down the court, knocking balls away, contesting shots, and throwing passes, I probably enjoy that more than her shooting 30 foot bombs, in fact on that note, I am really hoping she continues to take it to the rack. I honestly think, it gets her fired up and improves her game all the way around, obviously at the free-throw line is beneficial as well

Last edited:
Lol, all we've heard is how the WNBA is a full-grown woman's league, it's rough, it's tough, there's contact, players are going to get clubbed in the head in the lane and it's just a basketball play... now these same people are whining about CC pushing off. Too funny.
The more that comes to light about the "W" the more disgusting it gets. Racism/lezboism/jealousy/envy/ thuggism/pettiness/ wokeism...you name it, its got it all

Last edited:
Agreed & I have to confess I’ve missed some of you guys and your insight. On a Twitter dialogue recently I had a couple guys, younger black guys at that who are big fans, pointed out how Clark has slowly turned the roster and rotation into an Iowa one, and I somewhat agreed with them, but Mitchell isn’t really a good fit, still does too much freelancing and although I like Smith quite a bit, there’s some sort of disconnect there with her and the coach.

As far as coaching & rosters go, you and I agree that Sides, faces too much heat with that said the coaching and roster management for most of the teams in the league is pretty baffling. What they’re doing with Kamilla Cardosa in Chicago is criminal. I’ve said a gazillion times angel Reese is a phenomenal, otherworldly, dominant rebounder and she deserves major kudos but Cardosa is a space eater. She’s 6/7 and she is the better post scoring option. I’m not saying she should take Reese’s Minutes Angel needs to play, but that girl playing 18 minutes the other night was a crime against basketball. Quite frankly she should be making things easier for AR, but there’s some weird shit going on up there..

And it looked like Angel had turned the corner on her scoring a while back, but she’s back in the tank. For anybody that doesn’t know these advancedes analytics that they say props, Angel up are a freaking ruse her true shooting percentage as a 6-3 interior player is like 47 or 8% & her eFG is like 41%.

Honestly, the whole league is filled with questionable coaching, players, scheduling, PR campaigns, etc.

Was wondering if that was discouraged (or maybe a team rule), as they are competitors.
I don't think any business could get away with a rule like that??? Smith and Clark seem to have a solid relationship. There's quite a few clips of them goofing around with each other at practice on social media. Smith gets worked on defense continually which is why Fagbenle took her spot to begin with. Optics are terrible though

Anyone hear about Smith fraternizing with a player from another team? Smith did not start last game. Coach's decision. Could be disciplinary?
Well, I think it’s a little past fraternizing. I believe they’re dating if you’re talking Carrington and it’s been well known.

Reactions: littlez
I mean it certainly creates an odd dynamic, right? Your girlfriend is busy fouling the shit out of your teams best player?
Well if you remember correctly Smith fouled the shit out of Carrington in the last matchup and stood 8 feet away chewing gum like crazy 🤓 I actually like Smith though Carrington I could live without

Smith needs to grow up. The team is depending on her, but she plays like she's still living in her parents basement. She just not tough minded. It wouldn't surprise me if she was high on weed half the time.
This is an intriguing take, yes she gets lost in the shuffle @ times

That is a losing lawsuit waiting to happen for any team that would attempt it.
What is intriguing is that a reporter asked Sides in the Post-Game Presser about Smith not starting, and Sides hesitated and said that it was a "Coach's decision." He followed up with the same question basically, and she said the same thing. "Coach's decision and I'll leave it at that." Not a hint of the move.

Reactions: NevadaHawk
Rumor is they’re sitting her to make sure she can play in the Olympics.

In the NBA no high-level player would do that. They’d pull out of the Olympics to ensure they could play for the team that pays them.
Napheesa Collier’s coach (who is the Olympic coach) is doing the same thing with her. I would not be happy if I was the owner of that team.

ESPN’s white guy produced the most laughably dumb “advanced metrics” rankings of all-time while a Black woman logically and mathematically dismantles him in favor of Caitlin. Racists on both sides in shambles:

Reese (I just can't bring myself to call her Angel) is having a strong rookie season. No doubt. But it really shouldn't be close. The overall game CC brings, the way she's elevated her team and the variety of metrics where she's among the best in the league stands out not just among rookies...but all the players. This coming from a guy who's criticized the CC worshippers.

The Reese thing seems a bit forced. (like some of her double-doubles) The fact that she's openly playing for stats is weak.

Last edited:
ESPN’s white guy produced the most laughably dumb “advanced metrics” rankings of all-time while a Black woman logically and mathematically dismantles him in favor of Caitlin. Racists on both sides in shambles:

Good Lord. Someone actually understands the difference in what they are ACTUALLY contributing. Amazing!

Reese (I just can't bring myself to call her Angel) is having a strong rookie season. No doubt. But it really shouldn't be close. The overall game CC brings, the way she's elevated her team and the variety of metrics where she's among the best in the league stands out not just among rookies...but all the players.

The Reese thing seems a bit forced. (like some of her double-doubles. The fact that she's openly playing for stats is weak.
A bit forced? It’s been manufactured. The streak ended a long time ago in reality, but the league wants it to keep going. Not sure how you catch a ball off the rim and land out of bounds and it’s called a rebound. Then throw in some weak foul calls to get her to the line to get her 10 points, or passing into her in a game that was over and they should have dribbled out the last 7 seconds in a win. What’s next, she finishes with 9 points, but the league counts a basket she made in pregame warmups just to make sure she gets there?

A bit forced? It’s been manufactured. The streak ended a long time ago in reality, but the league wants it to keep going. Not sure how you catch a ball off the rim and land out of bounds and it’s called a rebound. Then throw in some weak foul calls to get her to the line to get her 10 points, or passing into her in a game that was over and they should have dribbled out the last 7 seconds in a win. What’s next, she finishes with 9 points, but the league counts a basket she made in pregame warmups just to make sure she gets there?
This. Thankfully coach "Spoon" is starting to take some heat for as you say" manufacturing" Reese's stats, (possibly at the expense of the team winning games). She sat Cardosa's ass on the bench for a good chunk of the last game so Reese could get her DD, and then subbed Cardosa in right after she got it, meanwhile the Sky loose by 15 or so points. There were some not to flattering comments on social media from both media and fans that she need to knock that shit off, and get back to coaching the team concept first and foremost.

Former Fever guard Celeste Taylor was signed by the Mercury to a seven day contract. After she was waived by Christie Sides. She's a good defensive player. Probably will guard CC. Should be interesting.

I doubt she plays when she was just signed. I think they brought her in more for her intel on the Fever than to actually play.

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT