ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Caitlin/Fever/Kate/Meg Games Mega Thread***

I think some of you do not realize how small the shot clock is…it’s her job to try to do something when she gets the ball. In college you have time for a couple more passes…by the time you bring it up in the pro leagues and pass it once or twice it’s shoot something halfway decent or pass it to someone that now has to shoot what ever trash shot they have.

Mitchell's play has grown on me some, and I think she's grown to accept that the offense mainly runs through CC and now she finds a way to play her solo game when the offensive flow breaks down.

While most of what we see from CC is good, there is definitely a pattern where she shoots well in the first quarter, but her shot fades. Tonight, she started 2 of 3 from three, but finished 2 of 8. We've seen this many times, in both college and the W. I have to think she just gets tired from her very fast-paced play and loses the ability to shoot efficiently later in games. Meanwhile, Mitchell, tonight, shot 6-13 from three. She's not running around nearly as much as CC. She gets more open, spot-up threes.

The Mercury roster in general is growing on me. They are feisty and competitive, but they don't come across as petty. Cloud, Copper, Cunningham and even Taurasi have all seemed pretty chill...that is when Copper isn't getting hot headed at CC over a foul.

Cloud had some bush league play tonight. She was grabbing/holding Mitchell around that screen then bodied her as she was trying to get up. Garbage play there.

Caitlin broke Diana Taurasi’s record for most 25/5/5 games as a rookie, AGAINST Diana Taurasi

GVJkU3bWQAAmdkq

While most of what we see from CC is good, there is definitely a pattern where she shoots well in the first quarter, but her shot fades. Tonight, she started 2 of 3 from three, but finished 2 of 8. We've seen this many times, in both college and the W. I have to think she just gets tired from her very fast-paced play and loses the ability to shoot efficiently later in games. Meanwhile, Mitchell, tonight, shot 6-13 from three. She's not running around nearly as much as CC. She gets more open, spot-up threes.
It hasn't worked out too poorly for her.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT