ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Caitlin/Fever/Kate/Meg Games Mega Thread***

She did, BUT Maybe they run away with it earlier if they didn't have that stretch with Wheeler running the show. I get that its easy to comment after the fact. Just at the time when the gal doing the play by play said that, I thought NO shit, how do you pull her in that spot when she got the 5 minute rest and it was such a critical time of the game, ( a winnable game) which they need all of them they have a chance to get during these next few weeks. They have a shot to move up to that 6 spot now, and every spot they move up not only allows them to make the playoffs for the first time in 8 years, but better seeding may make their chance at a run that much better.....
Clark up to that point in the 3rd qtr was awful. Turning it over, didn’t get back on defense a few times as well. And she can’t play 40 minutes. She came in, got her shit together and dominated the rest of the game. Wheeler is awful, we all know it, but she’s all they have as a backup. They regrouped against an obviously very tired team and pulled away. And CC along with Mitchell were great in the 4th quarter.

Reactions: hawkeye_wx
Clark up to that point in the 3rd qtr was awful. Turning it over, didn’t get back on defense a few times as well. And she can’t play 40 minutes. She came in, got her shit together and dominated the rest of the game. Wheeler is awful, we all know it, but she’s all they have as a backup. They regrouped against an obviously very tired team and pulled away. And CC along with Mitchell were great in the 4th quarter.
Again I'm NOT arguing that she needed a breather. BUT the double T and the ensuing reviews took the usual 5 minutes. Thats plenty of time for her to get the rest she needed and regroup. The "can't play 40 minutes thing " is true but only in context. She set out several minutes in the first quarter, and as I said she had a nice break while they were reviewing the play. She could most certain;y have gone back in at that point.

She's the gal on the sideline at the all star game who was spooning up on Clark, trying to get her to head west to play in PHX.....

she's gonna have to wait a while.

The Fever have CC's rights for 4 seasons (thru the 2027 season). She then becomes a restricted free agent.

After the 2027 season: once a restricted qualifying offer is extended by the Fever, it makes Caitlin a restricted free agent unless the Fever decides to revoke it. Caitlin could sign that deal. However, restricted free agents are allowed to negotiate freely with any team in the WNBA including their previous team, but their previous team has what is called the 'right of first refusal.' This means that the Fever will be given the opportunity to match a contract that the restricted free agent has agreed to in principle with another team. That agreement is known as an offer sheet in the CBA. If the Fever matches the offer sheet, then Caitlin signs with the Fever at the terms offered by the other team.

The Fever have CC's rights for 4 seasons (thru the 2027 season). She then becomes a restricted free agent.

After the 2027 season: once a restricted qualifying offer is extended by the Fever, it makes Caitlin a restricted free agent unless the Fever decides to revoke it. Caitlin could sign that deal. However, restricted free agents are allowed to negotiate freely with any team in the WNBA including their previous team, but their previous team has what is called the 'right of first refusal.' This means that the Fever will be given the opportunity to match a contract that the restricted free agent has agreed to in principle with another team. That agreement is known as an offer sheet in the CBA. If the Fever matches the offer sheet, then Caitlin signs with the Fever at the terms offered by the other team.
Well thats the current structure anyway. You have to wonder with their new media rights deal if that will void any of these contracts. Also with the clout Clark carries would she wield it against the Fever. "Trade me or else". I don't think so, but....

I wouldn't be surprised if CC is content to spend an entire career with the Fever if the team does what it takes to bring in talent to help win titles. However, I wonder what happens the 5th year if CC doesn't pursue a contract with another team, but ultimately wants out of Indiana? I doubt that a wnba contract salary will ever be the primary motivation for CC since her endorsements will likely always dwarf any wnba salary. Does she just have to play the 5th year with the Fever and then is free to move wherever she wants?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT