ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Caitlin/Fever/Kate/Meg Games Mega Thread***

Enjoying this season and the competition seems to be heating up for these final games. Lynx and Collier dominated Aces. Hmm, can Fever keep it up? 2-0 after break, but could just as easily go 0-3 next 3 games?

Enjoying this season and the competition seems to be heating up for these final games. Lynx and Collier dominated Aces. Hmm, can Fever keep it up? 2-0 after break, but could just as easily go 0-3 next 3 games?

Next 5 games will be every other day.

4 of the 5 are on the road.

Aug 24 at Minnesota
Aug 26 at Atlanta
Aug 28 vs Connecticut
Aug 30 at Chicago
Sep 1 at Dallas

Not sure why Chicago traded Mabrey, she was their only real 3 point threat and the reason they won several games in the first half. I don't think Chicago misses the playoffs, but they won't get better than the 8th seed. Looking at their schedule I only see probably four wins remaining. Maybe Atlanta can catch them, but that'd probably take beating the Fever a couple times which I'd just prefer doesn't happen either.

Not sure why Chicago traded Mabrey, she was their only real 3 point threat and the reason they won several games in the first half. I don't think Chicago misses the playoffs, but they won't get better than the 8th seed. Looking at their schedule I only see probably four wins remaining. Maybe Atlanta can catch them, but that'd probably take beating the Fever a couple times which I'd just prefer doesn't happen either.
Mabrey wanted out. I think the locker room scene is pretty toxic there.

Next 5 games will be every other day.

4 of the 5 are on the road.

Aug 24 at Minnesota
Aug 26 at Atlanta
Aug 28 vs Connecticut
Aug 30 at Chicago
Sep 1 at Dallas
So they get five days off, then get slammed again. Every one of those games is losable. The Fever really need to get through that stretch no worse than 2-3. If they play well, 4-1 is also possible.

For me it's because I've seen a lot of great athletes in my 40+ years as a Hawkeye fan, but I've never seen anything like what we are seeing in CC. She is not simply a great athlete, she is redefining the game. It's Jordan/Gretzky-esque. No one in my Iowa fandom experience has achieved this. It's crazy. I've never watched a WNBA game in my life before this year, and I'm checking up on the Mercury game tonight because if they lose Indiana might pass them.

The Caitlin Clark effect is real.
CC is the Nile Kinnick of our time.

Mabrey wanted out. I think the locker room scene is pretty toxic there.

This is what I read as well, and coach is just as toxic IMO. Reese looks like she has gained some weight to me as well.

Interesting discussion.

Was there any truth to the rumors that the Sky players had had enough of Angel and her pursuit of the double double record (where she clearly was all about her and not about team)? IIRC, the Sky were up in a game and simply had to dribble out the clock. Instead, Angel, who was stuck on 9 points, posted up, demanded the ball, got fouled, and scored the 2 FTs to extend her double double streak.

There are actually people saying Carter didn’t do it on purpose….yeah, it just happened to be against Mabrey….too much of a coincidence. I see something similar happening to Clark when they play next, hell she knows nothing is going to happen to her.

The WNBA is such a freakin' mess

If not for Caitlin, no one would have continued to give a damn

There are actually people saying Carter didn’t do it on purpose….yeah, it just happened to be against Mabrey….too much of a coincidence. I see something similar happening to Clark when they play next, hell she knows nothing is going to happen to her.
It would be unfortunate but very interesting if she got dirty with Caitlin again. The uproar would be tremendous! I would think the "evil CC" would have to sit for a game, but I don't know the league policy. I could see the W being in a very tough spot if it had discretion to act or not act. Either way, one fan group wouldn't be very happy.

GVsQrHXXwAAlCnD

GVsQrHaW4AAmksB

Interesting discussion.

Was there any truth to the rumors that the Sky players had had enough of Angel and her pursuit of the double double record (where she clearly was all about her and not about team)? IIRC, the Sky were up in a game and simply had to dribble out the clock. Instead, Angel, who was stuck on 9 points, posted up, demanded the ball, got fouled, and scored the 2 FTs to extend her double double streak.
I know that people like to blame Reese for everything, but Sky players have been wanting out for the last couple of years. It is management they are trying to get away from.

Interesting discussion.

And the same thing the next game only this time Carter wouldn't throw her the ball. It was like "really, why"? Reese looked pissed too. That was the game her streak ended..

Reactions: Franisdaman
I know that people like to blame Reese for everything, but Sky players have been wanting out for the last couple of years. It is management they are trying to get away from.
Hmmm, so would you say Reese's demanding assistance getting enough points to keep her streak alive in the last few minutes of several games, is making the locker room "less toxic"....

And the same thing the next game only this time Carter wouldn't throw her the ball. It was like "really, why"? Reese looked pissed too. That was the game her streak ended..

I remember that; I think 4 defenders surrounded AR and she had to throw it back out. And then she tried posting up again, demanding the ball, to no avail....

Too damn funny.

Rapinoe and Bird have a great podcast. Each can talk the others sport pretty well too. I’m sure Caitlin, being a big soccer fan, has enjoyed Rapinoe being a courtside fan at many of her games.
What’s so funny, @ddeanHawk? I’d love to have a multiple time world champion, multiple time gold medalist, and world player of the year from a sport I like cheering me on like Caitlin has with Rapinoe. Two athletes addicted to taking Ws:

5a2ea780-a0e6-11e9-ae7f-1d5ebc7fcc75

• Haha
Reactions: ddeanHawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT